Did anyone catch the fight Sandell vs. Ali?

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
I haven't had a chance to see it yet. Apparantly Sandell was in the lead when the judge stopped the fight in the fifth round. Do you feel it was a fair call or just an attempt to save face for daddys girl? How dou you guys feel about Ali himself, one foot in the grave, being used to promote this fight? They kept him ringside.

Edit; Ali got the third also, so the lead would have been hers.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Saw the fight on-and-off last night... boxing isn't my cup of tea, even less when it comes to big media-hyped boxing events like the Ali vs. Sandell fight.

Dunno if she's a good boxer or just daddy's girl, but well.... let's put it this way, a fight promoter cannot win if Ali loses, so... ... ...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
Dunno if she's a good boxer or just daddy's girl, but well.... let's put it this way, a fight promoter cannot win if Ali loses, so... ... ...
Laila Ail is an excellent fighter, especially for a woman. Female boxers tend to have very poor defense, which leads to many of the fights getting overly bloody. That's the main reason the ref stopped the fight so early- they tend to be more cautious with the ladies than the men, since the girls are more at-risk for getting injured.

I remember when Mia St. John was the hottest thing in women's boxing. She wasn't that great a fighter, but she was hot, and that was all that mattered. There were a few better female fighters, but no one really dominant until Laila Ali. She's the real deal, as far as boxing chicks go.

Pictures of Mia St. John:
miastjohn_REU.jpg

Last edited:

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
jro said:
Laila Ail is an excellent fighter, especially for a woman. Female boxers tend to have very poor defense, which leads to many of the fights getting overly bloody. That's the main reason the ref stopped the fight so early- they tend to be more cautious with the ladies than the men, since the girls are more at-risk for getting injured.

I remember when Mia St. John was the hottest thing in women's boxing. She wasn't that great a fighter, but she was hot, and that was all that mattered. There were a few better female fighters, but no one really dominant until Laila Ali. She's the real deal, as far as boxing chicks go.

Laila may be a good fighter, but her father she aint. I've now watched the summary and unless its been heavily audited for the home audience the call to stop the fight was a joke. The audience present seemed to agree with me. Åsa wasn't bleeding and didn't even get a standing count.