Curious FFS shockbox

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This shockbox is fucking weird/awesome. I've never seen anything like this. It has an English Fatal Fury Special insert engraved into it. I though it was manualy drawed on the shockbox at first but then I saw the writting. It's too perfect. There is a NEO GEO logo on the spine as well. This is clearly not hand made. Any idea WTF is this?

Wm1bgzp.jpg

DlCnpPE.jpg

XP0h4UO.jpg

uZw5N7K.jpg

LplK4KE.jpg

sxs0H1a.jpg

SfgPYTl.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Probably an imprint of the insert that was in there. I've had a few do that, but not to that degree.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yep. Back in the day, I used to slide my mini marquees in there, before the inserts were really a thing. About a dozen or so of my original red shock boxes, from back when we still ordered them from Big Bear, left marquee imprints (which are actually kind of cool). ;)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Its a rare prototype and you should sell it to billy shitt.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It had to be with the best game Neo Geo has to offer.

Give that shock to me!

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I've got one with the same thing, except mine's embossed with Aero Fighters.... Krauser is way cooler, so you win :D

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Makes it look like an artifact with SNK hieroglyphs.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
yeahhh...i've noticed pretty much all my shocks have done that as well...kind of a bummer when you switch inserts and the cover is basically stamped with the previous one >:|

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The ones that I print the inserts myself with just normal paper and inkjet doesn't do this, but lo' and behold the ones that comes with Southtown Homebrew's own print on their custom insert leaves an imprint.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It's the thicker stock. Like I said, my marquees have done that as well ;) you're just going ghetto paper for your inserts.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Also, inkjet papers absorb the ink, with laser printers the toner is fused on top of the paper, so combine that with glossy stock that's already thick and the clear plastic that is thin and stretched across it and this is what you get.