Crappy canceled TV shows

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The first season was great, but they totally lost me the second and I never looked back.

That's when they had that writers' strike in Hollywood which put the middle of the second season in hiatus and it never could recover from that.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Sliders jumped the shark for me when they introduced the evil Cro-Mags that where going to chase them. I thought it was so stupid. I loved the concept of them going through and exploring the differences in each new world they'd visit, they didn't need shitty comic book villains chasing them. So I got out of it before the good characters left, I already saw where it was going.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Sliders really was a crappy show. Even better, one of my crummy professor's wrote an episode from the ultra shitty fourth season of it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Speaking of Sliders, I really want to bang Kari Wuhrer.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Looking back on it now, Prison Break ended up being pretty crappy over its total life.

They should have either just kept it a one season show or maybe done it in a serial style show. Give a new setting & circumstances of a breakout, some seasons they make it, others they don't... it could work.

What they did with the actual show was just a recipe for disaster. The show held up well through S1. S2, they tried to stay so action focused that they burned (killed) off too many characters too fast that they lost all of their creative basis. By S3-S4, it was just a downward spiral of growing conspiracy and constant turning on each other. It was just a soap opera on crank at the end there, every 15 minutes, someone turned on someone and had new partners.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah I watched renegade reruns after saturday morning cartoons.

I watched this quite a bit on saturdays as a kid too.

Was this show a work or were those guys shooting?

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Anyone remember that awful Birds of Prey adaptation the WB had while they were running the equally awful Smallville?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

didn't like it but we'd(+wife) watch bits of it just because.

soo baad its good... at making you dry heave

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
They should have either just kept it a one season show or maybe done it in a serial style show. Give a new setting & circumstances of a breakout, some seasons they make it, others they don't... it could work.

Word. I couldn't watch season 3, quit about five episodes in. You can only break out of prison so many times before you run out of ideas.