Crappy canceled TV shows

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Space: Above and Beyond was a pretty cool show. I've been meaning to pick up the dvd set.

I started watching them again the other day (it's what prompted this thread actually). Some of them are pretty good, and some of them are pretty lame. When it's good it's pretty solid, but it's really hit or miss, at least so far.

And on the subject of TV shows, just how poorly has the X-Files aged? I used to catch every episode as it aired for a long time, although I never finished it and couldn't really tell you where I stopped. Kinda wonder if I should go back and check it out.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
automanBKJ2R1.jpg

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
And on the subject of TV shows, just how poorly has the X-Files aged? I used to catch every episode as it aired for a long time, although I never finished it and couldn't really tell you where I stopped. Kinda wonder if I should go back and check it out.

I think X-Files has aged well. It'll always be one of my favorite shows, though. I think the fact that it's a 90s relic makes it that much more charming and entertaining.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
CW had a show called Reaper that lasted 2 seasons. It was dumb, but I liked it.

Almost Human was one that I was getting into then Fux Network cancelled it.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Misfits of Science.

You knew somebody was going to mention it eventually :tickled:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
"That 80's Show" was a spectacular flop!

They basically ran through the That 70's Show plot lines from a season or two in like 6 episodes... and set in the 80's.

I don't know how they thought something that derivitive would take off.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Dollhouse.

Horribly flawed mainly due to an awful lead, but it was still usually interesting and fun to watch. Plus, Fran Kranz.

Dollhouse was fucking awesome. Might be Whedon's best work ever, and this is coming from a huge Firefly fan.

Dollhouse's only weakness is that it was a season or a half too short. As it happens all too often, Fox just can't not cancel great sci-fi.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
there was a show on fox, i think maybe it came out around ten years ago? anyway.

each episode was a year. so the first episode was 1987, second episode took place in 1988, etc.

it centered around a murder in the present day with a group of friends and you tried to guess who did it.

anyway it was stupid and never reached a final episode. but i liked it. and i forget its name.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Fox is shit. They fucked up Sliders, and the cast left one by one (the show was going off the rails in season 3, and Rhys-Davies leaving was the nail in the coffin). My goodness, seasons 4 and 5 are bad.
Fox' tendency to play the shows out of order is infuriating, it's like they try to kill all these great shows. Almost Human was the straw...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Don't even remember the name of the show. It was about a midget inventor and a teenager who keeps using his weird inventions or something.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Farscape, those Jim Henson creature creations were great.
I don't see farscape as crappy and the show did run for four seasons.Beside the tv movie that wrap up the series as a whole.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
for me this season was 'bad judge'. it had a little bit of an edge that network comedies are sorely lacking these days. It's one of the few shows I was enjoying this season.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Fox is shit. They fucked up Sliders, and the cast left one by one (the show was going off the rails in season 3, and Rhys-Davies leaving was the nail in the coffin). My goodness, seasons 4 and 5 are bad.

Whenever they replaced Jerry O'Connell with that other guy was the last straw with me...you know, the guy that always wanted to stay in one dimension that they slid to then decided he didn't want to, and that shit lasted for several episodes.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It still sucks that they finished Heroes. That was a great show.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Since 'crappy' is totally just a point of view, here's some shows I miss that got cancelled too soon:

Hung
Defying Gravity
Dark Blue
The Chicago Code
Standoff