Thanks guys I appreciate it!

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Just did a fresh install on the AV Famicom for FAT$TACKS

4088741F-F7FA-4120-83A6-F8997BED8B6C_zpstfumkhg3.jpg

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
While not as neat looking as Voultars saturn bios replacement (looking at it makes me want to go back and tidy it up):
UoHCYog.jpg

I've added a PIC to switch the saturn between 50/60 Hz with the reset button while still being able to reset the saturn with it.

I also did a Dreamcast bios replacement:
HatiYHI.jpg

This is actually a botched bios replacement though since a pad was partially lifted during removal of the old bios and since the trace that broke went to a via under the chip I found a place on the back side to patch it:
I88EiUU.jpg

Seriously though while I'd be happy to see what I've done if I opened up a modded system you guys leave me in awe. The soldering part is easy and pretty much boils down to "use enough flux" but the how some of you route the wires inside is oozing of craftsmanship for lack of a better word.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Hope this counts... Started my next cmvs project using mv-1b

Made 5V, stereo and unibios mods.

15535872934_708b1e92f4_z.jpg

15970776508_b8b8e4734a_c.jpg

Stereo mod uses 1W resistors because they were only I had with right value. Little hairy Chinese girl had packed two sets of 68Ohm resistors instead of one 68 and one 6.8K.

Voultar

I give zero fucks about my customers
It's been a while since I've made love to a slim PS2:

64jacl.jpg

im4j0w.jpg

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi dudes,

This will be an internal DC VGA mod for a friend

[

Un saludo

Last edited:

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thank you man, yes I'll reuse them, I hope that it works after the mod, jejeje. I done the free bios mod also.

Un saludo

Voultar

Phat girls need love, too.

Excuse the cheap ass "Kynar" wire. This 30 awg is jacketed in the cheapest, shittiest marsh-mellow plastic that I've ever seen. Thank God I've almost used it all.

ww0sid.jpg

4q52s3.jpg

90onlt.jpg

Last edited:

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi bro,

Phat girls need love, too.

Excuse the cheap ass "Kynar" wire. This 30 awg is jacketed in the cheapest, shittiest marsh-mellow plastic that I've ever seen. Thank God I've almost used it all.

I think that the question that everybody want to know is if the kynar cable is in a ribbon format or it is only one cable and if you use any kind of glue to put them all together.

Un saludo

Voultar

Hi bro,

I think that the question that everybody want to know is if the kynar cable is in a ribbon format or it is only one cable and if you use any kind of glue to put them all together.

Un saludo

Nope, those conductors are laid by hand, one by one.

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thank you mate for the answer,

well, the question now is the question that Xian Xi did, what kind of glue do you use to put all together?

Un saludo

Last edited:

Voultar

It was a Japanese glue, and unfortunately they don't make it anymore. I coat the wires in a mild bonding gel based glue. If I need to tack something down around sensitive I/C's or other components, I lay a small piece of clear tape down to protect those components.