Castlevania LOS or Front Mission Evolved on 360?

SNKNostalgia

Gal Ageise's Demon
Question on which game:

I am trying to decide what game to get for this month out of the two. I just bought Black Ops and have nothing left to do on it except for Multi and Zombies.

So, I am looking for a good 1 player experience and can only afford 1 game for now. My friend is selling off all his old school games, so I will need the rest of my money for the ones I want out of his collection. As for the rest, he is getting me to sell these games for him on Ebay and I will also try the forums here.

The game sale:

I will sell his games here first and then try Ebay later, since I want to do minimal sales on that bullshit site.

So keep an eye out. He is selling a lot of Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox and N64 games. There are some good games to sell. He is bringing them to my house in a few days, so look out for it in the sales forum next week. Probably Nov 18th is when I will post the list. I gotta use my parents camera to take pics while I visit them, make a list and what not.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Castlevania. Front Mission gets old very fast and the multiplayer isn't really that exciting.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
IMO, the new front mission is bad. Of those two go with lords of shadow...have you tried enslaved?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Castlevania.

It's good.

Don't believe the haters. They are wrong.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Front Mission is fun if you like mech shooters, but yeah, it get repetitive.

Castlevania is preferable, indeed.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Since both games aren't produced by Japanese team so I'll choose option C "neither". I played Castlevania LOS and it's not the Castlevania I used to play for the past 20 years.............

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Since both games aren't produced by Japanese team so I'll choose option C "neither". I played Castlevania LOS and it's not the Castlevania I used to play for the past 20 years.............

Preach on brotha. The only 3D Castlevania I enjoyed was Lament of Innocence.

BTW: And without Michiru Yamane doing the music, it's just not right.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Even if Konami made it, Yamane wouldn't score it

The Castlevania you've played for the last 13 years isn't the Castlevania you've played for the last 20.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Lords of Shadow isn't quite clicking with me, for some reason. It's perfectly competent in every regard, and it looks and sounds amazing, of course, and I don't even have any unreasonable expectations about it bearing its franchise name. But as third-person action games go, I'm having a hard time getting into it. I'm only at the first "colossus" battle, which I'm finding highly annoying, but I'm trying to stick it out.

Reality Check

World Hero

It's a rehaul of the gameplay. It's not suppose to play like the Castlevania you played for the past 20 years. Expecting it to defeats the purpose.

Jedah Doma said:
Preach on brotha. The only 3D Castlevania I enjoyed was Lament of Innocence.

BTW: And without Michiru Yamane doing the music, it's just not right.

As much I as enjoy his music LoS didn't need him. LoS manages to have an awesome and memorable soundtrack without him

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
For FM:E to not suck it would have to be set during the events of the first Front Mission, with the same cast, all the same wanzer builds, same weapons with those cool japlish names like "Dark Hog", "sun owl" etc.

And it would be open ended and non linear with randomly spawning mobs and PC lan based co op and stat building. Kind of like Freelancer for the PC.

But it has none of that, so fuck FM:E.

SNKNostalgia

Gal Ageise's Demon
Castlevania it is.

I think I will wait till FM Evolved goes down then. I had a feeling it would be repetitive after watching some youtube videos. I wish they would make more Steel Battalion games with the old mech cockpit setup. I don't think I will care much for the Kinect version coming out. For the hell of it I just played my copy of FM Alternative recently.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Lords of Shadow isn't quite clicking with me, for some reason. It's perfectly competent in every regard, and it looks and sounds amazing, of course, and I don't even have any unreasonable expectations about it bearing its franchise name. But as third-person action games go, I'm having a hard time getting into it. I'm only at the first "colossus" battle, which I'm finding highly annoying, but I'm trying to stick it out.

I am with you here. When I reached that point, I hadn't quite 'gotten into it' yet myself. Took a bit longer for me, too. I don't know when the game went from 'a game' to something I really loved. I can't remember the point in the game where it turned. All I know is that by the end of the game, I was very pleased with the sum experience.

SNKNostalgia

Gal Ageise's Demon
Went ahead and bought Castlevania LOS last night. I am liking it quite a bit so far. It is nice just to relax and enjoy a game like this again. It really reminds me of the experience I got from Rygar for PS2 when it came out.

I just beat the first chapter. I seriously had trouble figuring out how to beat the first boss and realized how easy it is to beat him once you actually figure it out. Thank god for gamefaqs. That fight almost ruined my small buzz from the wacky tabacky my friend gave me.

SNKNostalgia

Gal Ageise's Demon
Just got done fighting the Vampire Queen. Damn, this game is awesome. Some of the puzzles and ledge jumping gets a little annoying, but the game experience completely makes up for it. So many combos, upgrades, enemies and stages. It also has a really great story, music, graphics and it is a pretty long game. I have chosen wisely. :glee:

BTW:

I am about to post the sales thread as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread in the next 4 days or so. I finally took pictures and tested everything. In this order: Most of it is N64 games, then PS2, Xbox, Genesis and PS1. Also, selling systems and accessories. There are a few sought out titles in the collection.