Blackberry vs. the rest?

What type of Mobile Phone do you Carry?

• Total voters

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I paid $150 on ebay for mine, and I don't think I overpaid in the least.
that really was a good deal. i too was looking for a used iphone before i got my htc, but the prices on ebay.de were crazy high.

The iPhone is amazing. You can do more with an Android OS, but it's nowhere near as smooth an efficient as iOS, in my experience.
i hope that ics will make android as smooth as ios. that's something where android really is lacking at times. especially with the older phones like the xperia play that you mentioned before.
but more efficient? i think i would miss my calendar, weather and rss widgets.

also, you do have to use itunes still, right?

Look at those Windows Phone 7 poll numbers up there!
the lumia 800 and 900 are damn nice phones, though.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
the lumia 800 and 900 are damn nice phones, though.

Hiya Falk!

Yeah, they are nice hardware straddled with a subpar OS.

Now that I think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone out and about with a Windows Phone 7 device. At my work, there is probably a solid 1000 people or so in the building, and besides the government provided BlackBerry's that some folks have, almost everyone that has a smartphone use either Android or an iPhone. Even when out in stores or restaurants I can't think of ever seeing a WP7 phone.

MS needs to either just give up their phone presence or buy RIM and try to integrate some of their tech into their OS since they both are more corporate minded when it comes to enterprise stuff.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
my only good reason to get an iphone is for the games.Honestly there's some good stuff there.
But for messaging, email, talk,listening to music etc i'd rather have the BB. it also feels better in the hand.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
I recently had a Galaxy SII for all of 3 weeks before it got stolen.. Now I'm back to my Iphone 3G from 08 for the time being. Obviously there's no comparison between them hardware wise, especially since IOS4 turns the 3G into a smoldering shitheap. But really, that SII was incredible. The 1.5ghz dualcore and screen alone smoked the 4S. Out of the box, did so much stuff that the iphone would never do, in some cases jailbroken or not. I was sitting on a ferry, decided to hit a streaming cartoon site, the episode loaded up and went into fullscreen, played via flash without fuss at all. Another time just out of curiosity, decided to see if i could hit a filesharing site and download an episode of something. via 4G I just let the download run in my pocket while i was walking around in a store, by the time i was out of there a little while later it was finished and ready to watch on the bus, no jailbreaking required. Very rarely encountered performance issues even when I was using MSN, letting Soundcloud run in the background, then going back and loading a webpage, etc. Add to that that you're not held hostage via iTunes for PC connectivity, and there's really no questions, when I can afford it again I'm going right back to whatever high end Android phone there is.

So basically, I really think Apple is going to be fighting an uphill battle against the top tier android devices if they refuse to make a model with a bigger screen and less restrictions. The only real edge I see it having at the moment is of course in application base, and specifically the music/creative apps that android seems to totally lack. Give it a year though, that gap is going to close, android devices are going to increase power-wise much more frequently than the once a year that Apple releases a new model, and I think a lot of people that 2 years ago would have never considered android will be re-evaluating their brand loyalty.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
So basically, I really think Apple is going to be fighting an uphill battle against the top tier android devices if they refuse to make a model with a bigger screen and less restrictions.

First of all, I don't think the average consumer sees the iPhone as being restricted at all. It does a million things more than most people will ever realise.

Secondly, I think it's funny how Android folk keep talking about the larger screens. They can't keep making them larger. People can't be walking around with tablet phones in their pockets.

The reason the iPhone has a smaller screen than the Galaxy SII (which, as I mentioned earlier, I think is a great phone), for example, is because Apple/Jobs made the decision to keep the phone at a relatively small size. It's not like they can't make the screen bigger. I believe the reason for the size of the screen is that the average-sized hand is supposed to be able to operate the phone with ease, without having to use the other hand.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Windows 7/8 is a very usable and slick interface. I would probably be running it if work didn't give me an ipad/iphone.

Having to load itunes every time I want to add and remove something is more than silly. Thank god i grabbed VLC before it was taken off the app store.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I got an Xperia Play, best phone for gamers. Especially when it comes to controls :D
If you don't play games that much on your phone there would be no specific reason to get one though imo.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i've had a few blackberries in the past. they were nice, not the modern ones of today, but they were nice phones to have for early mobile web browsing and such. i've had two androids in my time. loads of apps, loads of games, loads of expandability, and potential to do things with. i've had a windows phone back when it was winmo 6.0. wasn't great, wasn't terrible, it worked. now i'm going to get an iphone next. i wanted a galaxy SII, but the iphone was 69 euro, the SII is 200. i'll pay the less money to get a nice enough phone. though i still feel like i'm settling for something inferior. and i don't want itunes on my computer.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
this reminds me

402665_2574168836062_1309556157_32077386_1221026168_n.jpg

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I cant really judge as only this year I finally got myself a decent phone.
Its an android HTC wildfire Sense, so far I am finding it pretty neat.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
First of all, I don't think the average consumer sees the iPhone as being restricted at all. It does a million things more than most people will ever realise.

Secondly, I think it's funny how Android folk keep talking about the larger screens. They can't keep making them larger. People can't be walking around with tablet phones in their pockets.

The reason the iPhone has a smaller screen than the Galaxy SII (which, as I mentioned earlier, I think is a great phone), for example, is because Apple/Jobs made the decision to keep the phone at a relatively small size. It's not like they can't make the screen bigger. I believe the reason for the size of the screen is that the average-sized hand is supposed to be able to operate the phone with ease, without having to use the other hand.

Wow, that's some sweet lemons.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i would agree the screen size of most phones is out of control. Most of the new Samsung phones are more like 3g/4g mini tablets than phones.

I think the iphone is too big really. Especially compared to every phone I had before it.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I quite dislike the shape of the iPhone 4. It's not pretty and doesn't feel good in the hand. I might be spoiled by the extreme smallness and awesomeness of my iPod Touch 4G though.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
Used both Android ( Galaxy SII ) and iOS ( 4S ). While I can say that the iPhone is a better sized phone, I can't say it is better overall. I just like the SII better. It is still small enough to use with one hand, and it is a lot lighter than the iPhone.