Bioshock to hit PS3

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
ironish said:
I was watching X-Play last night and saw this:

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/videos/25993/XPlay_Gaming_Update_052208.html

Take 2 has not made it official, but it would be sweet if PS3 owners would get to play this.

Played through this game when I had a 360 and it was fantastic. I would consider picking it up again for the PS3 if they added some extras. This game really needed a new game plus save. If it offered that or side quests, I would have kept playing it.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Played through this game when I had a 360 and it was fantastic. I would consider picking it up again for the PS3 if they added some extras. This game really needed a new game plus save. If it offered that or side quests, I would have kept playing it.

Same here, though I no longer own a 360, and have been itching to play through it again. The article I read noted that there may be graphical improvements too. If it's ported well, I'll bite.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
Ghost-Dog said:
Same here, though I no longer own a 360, and have been itching to play through it again. The article I read noted that there may be graphical improvements too. If it's ported well, I'll bite.

I'm hoping it's not going to be a rushed port just to make a buck. As long as it doesn't have bad framerate issues or major bugs, I'll snag it.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
20080523.jpg

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
lol 360

Seriously though, when I get a 360 I'm only buying exclusives on it. The less exclusives it has, the easier it would be to ditch if I get fed up with it.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
lol 360

Seriously though, when I get a 360 I'm only buying exclusives on it. The less exclusives it has, the easier it would be to ditch if I get fed up with it.

Buy the extended warranty..

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
Buy the extended warranty..

I actually was thinking of your thread, when I wrote my reply, where you got fed up with the 360 and decided to ditch your 360 and games.

I'm surprised Kern is still gone. I guess other people will have to "lol 360" for him. :eek_2:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I'm surprised Kern is still gone. I guess other people will have to "lol 360" for him. :eek_2:

I like kern as much as the next guy (which is to say, I tolerate him :D ), but that shit wasn't funny the first time he said it, let alone the 1,000,000th.

Can't we just :spock: all the time instead if we wanna do the legacy thing?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I heard kern has a 360 now, that's why he can't come around here anymore.. out of shame. :emb:

One-Up

Armored Scrum Object
I bought it for the PC but did not even install it yet with all that crappy "five installs only" and registration crap. Same thing is going to keep me from Mass Effect and Spore.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I should finish the 360 version of this.

I'm not sure why I haven't since it's not a bad game by any means...probably one of the best FPS titles I've ever seen. Yet I never finished it...not that far into it either.

Unless the PS3 version gets some sort of bonuses, I don't see the point in it coming out on the system.

I wish the PS3 had that achievement system by now...I figured they would have...I wonder what they are waiting for.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I don't see the point in it coming out on the system.

Anti-MS, non-gaming PC owners missing out on the fun cause they're stubborn and or poor.

This being one of my favorite games of this generation, I have to say I'm glad it's getting a port as everyone should give this fantastic FPS a shot.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
I bought it for the PC but did not even install it yet with all that crappy "five installs only" and registration crap. Same thing is going to keep me from Mass Effect and Spore.

That's lame. I was a die hard PC gamer and stuff like this is making me switch to consoles. If I buy a game I want to be able to play it, sell it, install it as many times as I want, etc.

I wonder if there is a site which lists the kinds of copy protection each PC game uses. That way I can stear clear of games like this.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Mass Effect PC will not have the same draconian copy protection, due to public outcry. LINK. You only have to validate once when installing, and can play without the disc. The downside is apparently only being able to install the game three times before being locked out and having to contact EA customer support.

Not the ideal situation, but not as bad as before. I probably won't buy it though, this forced online validation is ridiculous, treating valid customers like criminals is annoying. I'm tired of being forced to jump through hoops because some people like to steal games.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I just crack all my offline games. Big whoop.

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
I really hope they don't screw this up. Bioshock helped me regain faith in some of the shit titles that have been plaguing the consoles lately. I'm still can't see them brining the sequel to the Wii...that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
lol PC gaming.

Great.

Yesterday I wanted to look up info on the DRM Bioshock uses. Turns out that the CP used SecuROM may, in this game, have install a rootkit (the same crap that Sony used in their infamous CDs). They even installed it on the DEMO version, which I downloaded. So I had to spend time researching ways to try to get it off my system. The program I downloaded, RootkitRevealer, ended up crashing on me twice while scanning, so I gave up. Now I have no idea if there's a rootkit on my PC or not.

I don't think that anyone should have to go through this just to play some games on their PC.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Great.

Yesterday I wanted to look up info on the DRM Bioshock uses. Turns out that the CP used SecuROM may, in this game, have install a rootkit (the same crap that Sony used in their infamous CDs). They even installed it on the DEMO version, which I downloaded. So I had to spend time researching ways to try to get it off my system. The program I downloaded, RootkitRevealer, ended up crashing on me twice while scanning, so I gave up. Now I have no idea if there's a rootkit on my PC or not.

I don't think that anyone should have to go through this just to play some games on their PC.

Just crack it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just crack it.

PC Gamers shouldn't have to put up with SHIT like that.

Your argument is fucking weak and you know it.

PC Game copy protection is bullshit.

Companies treat all customers like thieves, thats garbage.