Biden 2020

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
He's voting Trump in florida for dubious reasons.

I'm a registered Democrat and have always voted that way since I became a citizen. I voted Conservative in the UK.

Every single election has been the same since I moved to the US in 2000. Vote for Gore because he's slightly better/not as bad as W Bush. Vote for Kerry because W bad. Vote for Obama because hope and change. Go to sleep for 8 years while Obama drones brown people, bails out corporations and gives away the farm to healthcare oligarchs in the ACA (his only real "achievement").

Ok, so this "wyo" persona voted for conservative John Major in 97, or, more to the point, against Tony Blair; Gore in 2000 (after moving to the US in 2000); then Kerry; then Obama - but Obama was bad in his opinion, so he is going to try to convince everyone into thinking he's a liberal, and very disillusioned with the way the country is heading.

This is impressive gas lighting.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
People that go third-party or don't vote at all come off as elitist pricks that just want to tell every single person how they stayed out of the elections like it's some kind of fucking prize they won.

My brother is one of those guys and it annoys me to no end. He makes it like he's so fucking special because he's not a Democrat or Republican as if that fucking mattered. Then he starts every sentence with "your party" or "the Democrats did this what do you think?" as if I give a fuck.

As frustrated as I am with Democrats, trust me I could go on forever about how much that party needs an adrenaline shot to the heart, people with more spine, and real leadership (fuck pelosi), etc. I would take it any day of the week over the shit that's going on right now. That's what it boils down to; Are you upset with how politics are in this country? Don't be a tard vote for the only chance of winning even if you don't agree, even if you don't care, even if it's a horrible candidate.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
People that go third-party or don't vote at all come off as elitist pricks that just want to tell every single person how they stayed out of the elections like it's some kind of fucking prize they won.

My brother is one of those guys and it annoys me to no end. He makes it like he's so fucking special because he's not a Democrat or Republican as if that fucking mattered. Then he starts every sentence with "your party" or "the Democrats did this what do you think?" as if I give a fuck.

As frustrated as I am with Democrats, trust me I could go on forever about how much that party needs an adrenaline shot to the heart, people with more spine, and real leadership (fuck pelosi), etc. I would take it any day of the week over the shit that's going on right now. That's what it boils down to; Are you upset with how politics are in this country? Don't be a tard vote for the only chance of winning even if you don't agree, even if you don't care, even if it's a horrible candidate.

Is he one of those guys who listens to infowars to "find out what's really happening in Syria," and tells people about George Soros "staging the Syrian conflict" to make more money?

Marek

Banned
If this is what it comes down to then our system of government has already failed.

I mean isnt this obvious? Its been that way our entire lives.

I accepted that our system of government failed years ago.

Trump is not business as usual American bullshit politics.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I mean isnt this obvious? Its been that way our entire lives.

I accepted that our system of government failed years ago.

Trump is not business as usual American bullshit politics.

He is a culmination, but it doesn't make him unique.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If this is what it comes down to then our system of government has already failed.

The role of government is to protect the rights of the people, whether those rights be in property, contract, bodily health, and/or exercise of free will. Barring the inability of a party outside the binary to grow and establish itself, the government has not yet failed. Any party can form and attempt to compete, but we have to be realists about our situation.

In 2000, it didn't matter if someone voted for Nader because no one knew or expected 911, nor our reaction to it. But in 2004, we understood that W meant war with the muslim world, and then it mattered. In 2008, we understood that McCain had turned full heel, and had threatened to wipe Iran off the map, before launching into a parody of I Get Around ("Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran"), and then it mattered. In 2012, it didn't matter. Romney appeared to represent the classic republican, but wasn't a war monger, nor did he threaten to dismantle our civil rights. In 2016, it did not appear to matter because Hillary was a known war hawk who owed favors to many unsavory entities, from Israel, to Saudi, to corporations, and Trump was not different, except he didn't seem interested in military engagement (but did seem indebted to Russia by October 2016).

What I am getting at is that in our situation, a binary is sometimes better than a multiple choice ballot.

lithy

20 Year Member
And he is the person you would rather see win the election.

Why is that?

I do think another Trump term has the greatest possible outcome to get a few more people thinking about the direction of this country. I don't think it is a great chance, but a better chance than swapping out for Biden.

Saying that means that I'd like to see him win the election is a stretch. I'd rather he be dead of coronavirus by November, but I feel the same way about Biden.

Marek

Banned
I do think another Trump term has the greatest possible outcome to get a few more people thinking about the direction of this country. I don't think it is a great chance, but a better chance than swapping out for Biden.

Saying that means that I'd like to see him win the election is a stretch. I'd rather he be dead of coronavirus by November, but I feel the same way about Biden.

Total cop out

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The role of government is to protect the rights of the people, whether those rights be in property, contract, bodily health, and/or exercise of free will. Barring the inability of a party outside the binary to grow and establish itself, the government has not yet failed. Any party can form and attempt to compete, but we have to be realists about our situation.

In 2000, it didn't matter if someone voted for Nader because no one knew or expected 911, nor our reaction to it. But in 2004, we understood that W meant war with the muslim world, and then it mattered. In 2008, we understood that McCain had turned full heel, and had threatened to wipe Iran off the map, before launching into a parody of I Get Around ("Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran"), and then it mattered. In 2012, it didn't matter. Romney appeared to represent the classic republican, but wasn't a war monger, nor did he threaten to dismantle our civil rights. In 2016, it did not appear to matter because Hillary was a known war hawk who owed favors to many unsavory entities, from Israel, to Saudi, to corporations, and Trump was not different, except he didn't seem interested in military engagement (but did seem indebted to Russia by October 2016).

What I am getting at is that in our situation, a binary is sometimes better than a multiple choice ballot.

I admit I’m prone to hyperbole.

What you state here is clear and concise. It’s a compelling case. I will always fundamentally believe that no vote is a waste and everyone should vote their conscious.

If I lived in a battleground I’d mull it over. I definitely voted Kerry under the guise of “Anyone but Bush” in 2004. But I’m in CA and have the benefit of being able to vote 3rd party because it doesn’t matter.

This whole business is distasteful.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

This seems very unrealistic and improbable. But also in line with Robert Mercer's position of convincing the people to abandon the American system and open the door for a new constitution and political system. I don't quite see how that political system will benefit modest middle class citizens like us. Rather, as a realist, I see that system as a polarization of the worst aspects of the global systems that we have seen, from a lack of the 4th amendment rights to privacy, to a further degradation of our right to self determination.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A voting for Biden is total capitulation, so where does that put us?

capitulation to what though? Capitulation to the existing framework of the constitution, and the possibility that we will not overturn the advances in human rights that previous supreme courts afforded us?

Because when RBG kicks the bucket, you can be sure that Trump will appoint Ken Cucchinelli and we will see a paradigm shift hard to the extreme right that you might sprain your neck just trying to balance yourself.

lithy

20 Year Member
capitulation to what though? Capitulation to the existing framework of the constitution, and the possibility that we will not overturn the advances in human rights that previous supreme courts afforded us?

Because when RBG kicks the bucket, you can be sure that Trump will appoint Ken Cucchinelli and we will see a paradigm shift hard to the extreme right that you might sprain your neck just trying to balance yourself.

In my typo'd post, I mean that self-proclaimed progressives voting for Biden because of DNCs call of #NeverTrump is a capitulation. A capitulation to the will of a party that in peacetime, progressives would say is behind the times, useless, and in need of a complete overhaul to represent a modern left leaning American voter.

I'm not saying I'm a part of that bloc, but wouldn't it be akin to me voting for Trump because he said 'smaller government' once while he attempted to flush his KFC shits down a gold toilet? I mean, he is closer to my political positions (at least according to roker and Poppy).

Marek

Banned

I cant stress enough how much I agree with this.

It will make an enormous amount of regular mild "conservatives" have deeply cathartic realizations as well.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Kill yourself

What? Come on dude.
He's been on a roll now and made a few decent posts. He kinda had a point, painful but true.

You know what if makes me think about the direction of this country? Canada, how can I get there? They closed the damned border now with this virus.

Maybe they military can do a cou de ta, I bet some of them are his cult members followers though so it might not end up working out though.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
What? Come on dude.
He's been on a roll now and made a few decent posts. He kinda had a point, painful but true.

And what was that exactly? The one about "the russia hoax"? The one about tucker Carlson being more honest and true than anyone on msnbc? The one about the U.S. needing to magically adopt a European system of 5 or 6 viable political parties?

Yeah sorry man just stating the obvious about the democratic party actively supressing progressive voices doesnt count as having a point.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
And what was that exactly? The one about "the russia hoax"? The one about tucker Carlson being more honest and true than anyone on msnbc? The one about the U.S. needing to magically adopt a European system of 5 or 6 viable political parties?

Yeah sorry man just stating the obvious about the democratic party actively supressing progressive voices doesnt count as having a point.

Man why you bringing up old shit, that was like last week or something.

We do need more parties, somehow. Having only two choices that are not really that much different from each other sucks.

All to often we here in America are too set in our stupid ass ways to look at other countries to figure out a better way to do things.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

We do need more parties, somehow. Having only two choices that are not really that much different from each other sucks.

All to often we here in America are too set in our stupid ass ways to look at other countries to figure out a better way to do things.

I don’t think wyo is a sincere poster. He comes off as a fake Bernie supporter who is merely here to sow discontent among groups unfavorable to Trump.

Full stop.

As dubious as if he picked a username from the list of Saturn and Dreamcast shooters.

Marek

Banned

Because he still advocates that garbage and it structures his world view. I'm not disagreeing we need a better system than choice a and b. But advocating right wing fascism and foreign intervention in our democratic processes hardly brings about a more open and representative democracy does it?

Marek

Banned
I'm taking a break.

Wyo, lithy. I dont like either of you at all, but I dont wish any harm or shittiness on you.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm taking a break.

Wyo, lithy. I dont like either of you at all, but I dont wish any harm or shittiness on you.

Same, except I quite like you. Definitely appreciate the passion and your heart's in the right place. Poppy, you are the Electric Grave of political debate on here. Godspeed.