Battlestadium: D.O.N. (DragonBall Z, One Piece, Naruto) Thread

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Not sure how many of you guys were aware of the fanboy game coming out next week in japan, but the D.O.N. stands for DragonBall Z, One Piece, and Naruto.

Supposedly this plays like the Naruto GC games and honestly it looks plain awesome.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0605/game060521c.shtml

I've got my copy on preorder with NCSX, hopefully I should have it by next Friday. Anyone else interested in this game post on up!

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
It's got One Piece in it... so there's no way I'd miss it.

The gameplay looks frantic and fun.

And it's got some killer-looking stages (the Giant Jack/Golden Belfry level is just great.)

I'll snag it eventually, but personally I'm more interested in Super Dragonball Z for PS2 at the moment.

JHendrix

Average Joe said:
It's got One Piece in it... so there's no way I'd miss it.

The gameplay looks frantic and fun.

And it's got some killer-looking stages (the Giant Jack/Golden Belfry level is just great.)

I'll snag it eventually, but personally I'm more interested in Super Dragonball Z for PS2 at the moment.

Not to derail my own thread, but I only found out about DON and this new DBZ game for PS2 when I was in japan the last two weeks. The DBZ game was out and being promoted a lot but I figured it was another stilly Budokai game and I'm not interested in a DBZ game where you have to do tekken style combos. Now if Super DBZ is something like SF w/ QCF motions and stuff or is like a GC/Naruto styled game then I'm definitely interested. Any place that you know of that has links on how to do the moves?

ray_7

JHendrix said:
Not to derail my own thread, but I only found out about DON and this new DBZ game for PS2 when I was in japan the last two weeks. The DBZ game was out and being promoted a lot but I figured it was another stilly Budokai game and I'm not interested in a DBZ game where you have to do tekken style combos. Now if Super DBZ is something like SF w/ QCF motions and stuff or is like a GC/Naruto styled game then I'm definitely interested. Any place that you know of that has links on how to do the moves?

Super DBZ is indeed something like SF w/ QCF motions. :)

Easy to get into and the combos are easier to perform IMO compared to the Budokai series.

Gamefaqs doesn't have the movelist yet...

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
IGN has a good article and a few video clips on their site:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/715/715387p1.html

I've yet to see a FAQ/Movelist either... but seeing that the game is out in a week in the US, I'm not really too worried about finding one.

I actually would've imported this game the day it came out in Japan, but my modded PS2 stopped working so I was out of luck.

JHendrix

Yeah I immediately started doing some digging and saw that it comes out next week in the US and have a couple of the IGN clips. I'm not too impressed by the clips but at least I can rent it to see if I like the game or not. Plus it lets me see if they have the JPN voices selectable in the US version. :)

Either way thanks for the heads up!

Now back to battlestadium DON. Can't WAIT for next Friday, really want to see what the game is like, just hoping that it's the Naruto GC games with One Piece and DBZ characters and I'm all set.

Goku vs. Rock Lee = :buttrock:

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I can't wait to smash the shit out of some pirates with ninjas.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Goku Version Commercial

Luffy Version Commercial

Even though there's hardly any info on the game, and even on the website, after watching both commercials I deffently want to pick this up. It looks like a console version of Jump Superstars with just Naruto, One Piece and Naruto characters.

I'm going to wait and see what the feedback will be. But knowing that you can play as Zoro and Rock Lee is two great reasons to pick up another great party fighter.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Have you not seen my sig?!

I've had mine preordered for months! Luckily i've got super DBZ to keep my occupied until then but i have'nt been so hyped about a game for AGES!

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Bit Gutted!

BSDON got 26/40 from Famitsu : 7, 6, 7, 6 - (26/40)

Not a bads score really but i was expecting at least 30, afterall i'm sure Chou DBZ got around 31.

Still looking forward to it :buttrock:, been playing a hell of alot of Jump Superstars, Chou DBZ, One Piece Rush and Naruto 3 to get me in the mood!

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
EvilMike said:
I can't wait to smash the shit out of some ninjas with pirates.
397bgBlack.jpg

Fixed. :)

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I am so getting this and Chou Dragon Ball. But i'm hearing mixed opinions on Chou, any of you has played it?

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
My supplier got his early, just been sent out but i gotta wait 4 days for shipping :(

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Bumpin' this one from the grave, if anybody has it please post your impressions.

Is their any difference between the Game Cube and the PS2 version becides the controls?

ray_7

I've played it.

So far it feels like Jump Superstars on PS2.

Simple controls, great graphics, definitely worth it.

Will post more once I put more time into it.

JHendrix

It's odd. Plays like Smash Bros, but different. I can't get a FAQ on the basics of the game and for some reason I can't create a save file. :(

I'd sure love to figure out how to unlock characters, and do more advanced stuff in the game.

Still, it'll be a lot more fun this weekend when my friends come over, you really need multiplayer for the game to be fun, IMO.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Gamecube version Hendrix? Could be an issue of it not wanting to save when u use the swap disk, same thing happens with donkey konga.