Awesome Games Done Quick Tetris: The Grandmaster Credit Easter Egg

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Not sure if you guys are aware of this group AGDQ, but they always pull out the stops for amazing charity fundraiser they hold every year with awesome prizes, record setting runs and recordings.

He manages to clear the end credits while everything is INVISIBLE! and manages get the second highest rank in the game. I did not get a chance to watch this live but GOD DAMN what IMPRESSIVE feat!

The action starts at 1:10:53

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I saw this and was floored at the level of skill needed to accomplish it.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

maybe its because I have no flash but the above video does not show and its info came up with nothing that matched so I searched Awesome Games Done Quick Tetris:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
So far the most impressive thing i have seen during the AGDQ 2015 stream

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
I've been staying up super late to watch as much of AGDQ and by far this and the TASBot this year have been amazing.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member

I think this video is older than 2007

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
What's special about this version? I can't watch youtube at work.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I really like AGDQ. I try to donate whenever they do it. Here's a pretty damn good Mega Man Unlimited run.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Shame Arika doesn't produce TGM anymore. I know there was a planned 4th game that was going to run on the same Taito Hardware Street Fighter IV runs on but it never happened. I heard it was due to that there's so many difficult versions of Tetris that people can download and play off of PC's for free so they just decided to stop. That's probably not right and it's gotta be due to EA having a grip on the Tetris brand and that TGM does things differently then a "true" Tetris title.

There's one guy up in Canada that has the handle Colourtheif that used to post videos of him playing a TGM 3 that he made into a super gun. I think he said he was one of the first Grandmasters in North America when Arkia would certify players. The funniest one with him was totally upstaging that moron, Triforce Gamemaster, who was going on that he had the "perfect" game of Tetris on the Nintendo DS version. Not only was he full of shit (the guy doesn't T-Spin which gives you extra points) he also got his ass handed to him during and impromptu tournament he put on at a random east cost gaming convention. The guy had his friend record the gameplay over his shoulder and since he's so used to TGM he was dropping the bricks instantly and Triforce couldn't react and threw a pissy fit and ran away like a coward.

Bah, wrote the post before I watched the video. (I was on my phone.) Yup, that's the same guy from up in Canada. Great to see him that he's still playing.

Last edited:

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
I saw this earlier today, crazy. Every year I watch the streams/videos and wonder if I'll just end up seeing stuff I've seen before, but I'm pretty much always impressed by what these guys manage to squeeze out. I also love getting a running commentary on how the games/runs work from people that know them inside and out.

Has anyone been to one of these to watch live? All this is making me want to trek out to SGDQ later this year.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
I saw this earlier today, crazy. Every year I watch the streams/videos and wonder if I'll just end up seeing stuff I've seen before, but I'm pretty much always impressed by what these guys manage to squeeze out. I also love getting a running commentary on how the games/runs work from people that know them inside and out.

Has anyone been to one of these to watch live? All this is making me want to trek out to SGDQ later this year.

I have a friend whos at AGDQ right now. I would say it would be worthwhile to be an attendee if t heres a game being run that you really like, or you know people from the community.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Thanks for posting, I missed that live. I'm really pleasantly surprised to see they got videos up on youtube so quickly. Time to catch up on the CV3 and CV4 races I missed...

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
That video was fantastic. Brings me back to the days of playing Tetris on my OG Gameboy.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Used to play Tetris on the GB head to head with my cousins.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
This game will never go out of style. I'm sure it's been released on more formats than any other game.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
My favorite flavor of Tetris has been: The Next Tetris for Playstation Dreamcast and PC

The fact that I can pop in my own music CD after the game loads and jam out to music was pure awesomeness back in the day!

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Easy, one of the best things at agdq... I hope to make it soemday to one... Damn, i never expected people to do this shit. I belive in the matrix now. it's kind of a shame none of these games got a console release in the west (or PC at least).... a lot of the sega exclusive titles need to get ported to Steam (one can dream)...

anyway back to agdq, im surprised this guy was from seattle, might visit him someday...

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Killer video of a killer game. Awesome job to those involved.

The STG Weekly group had an episode on the TGM games a while back, and had two different players do back-to-back Grand Master runs live on both games. Also lots of in depth discussion of game mechanics. (four videos due to standard technical difficulties on that show hehe) First video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-NOV3XKI0E

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I watched this twice through. Just makes me wish the Tetris Company would let Sega release a version on home consoles in the west. Just have a ton of options like in TGM 3 that'll make it a complete package everybody can enjoy, not just the crazy skills Tetris. I was debating on getting the PS1 "Tetris with Cardcaptor Sakura" since they use that mode in TGM3 since it was a really unique way to play.

I think the only home version was one on the original X-Box and the fans hated it because The Tetris Company made them put a ton of changes in it. I also think a fan made a version of Grandmaster 2 on the Nintendo DS if you have a ROM cart but other then that it's arcade and emulation only.