Another reason to hate...........

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Cops.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/sep/21/undercover-drug-investigators-embarrass-polk-sheri/

Idiots.

cartman.jpg

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Nope. Cool.

Now if they'd gone online and fucked up the guy's rankings that would be no good.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fuck the drug dealer. The people of Polk County deserve safety. I used to spend my summers there in Bartow as a kid. There are a lot of good people there and the fact that some enterprising drug dealer wants to come in and fuck things up with the kids and good for nothings pisses me off.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
xmods, why do you hate cops? Did you get pulled over and they made a big deal about the roach they found in your car? Did you get a totally unnecessary ticket that because you didn't signal when you made a turn? Did they dare to come up and talk to you because of your mohawk and multiple face piercings?

What is it? Making a blanket thread about "ANotHer ResOn 2 H8 CoPZ!!" is something only a childish idiot does.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I think the original comment was overboard about hating cops, but did anyone read the article?

Not just inappropriate, but Tampa defense attorney Rick Escobar would argue the moment detectives turned on that video game and effectively seized it, they turned the search warrant into an illegal search.

"I've never seen anything like this," Escobar said after he viewed some of the video. Escobar does not represent Difalco and has no connection to the case.

"All the citizens are thinking, 'Wait a minute, we are paying these people to go out and protect us and here they are playing bowling on our time,' " he said.

"The real question here is have they seized property that wasn't described in the search warrant?" Escobar asked. "Clearly if they're using it, they've seized it and for totally improper purposes, because it's for entertainment. Investigations are not for entertainment."

Difalco's attorney declined comment.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I think the original comment was overboard about hating cops, but did anyone read the article?

Yeah.

The guy doesn't mean "seize" in the sense of one of the cops took the wii home to give his kid, he means by using it they're effectively seizing the property.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Yeah.

The guy doesn't mean "seize" in the sense of one of the cops took the wii home to give his kid, he means by using it they're effectively seizing the property.

I'm not going to check right now - but I bet there are cases where cops confiscated luxury cars and took them for joy rides. I wonder how those cases turn out. On the other hand, I bet officers have found golf clubs and used the back yard for a driving range (or took the pleasure of firing a seized banned weapon). I could imagine different areas seeing this differently depending on the value of the item and its relation to the search.

From what I've seen, Judges are usually level headed about these types of cases. They aren't going to let the video games get out of control in favor of the drug dealer unless there's a similar (but more "important") case that may be dependant on this verdict.

aria

Former Moderator
Funny article, I agree that --as much as the suspect wants the impromptu Wii bowling tournament to negate the search-- he's SOL.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That guy wont be getting out of jail any time soon.

Drug charges + illegal firearm ownership + stolen goods = lengthy prison sentence.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
will this wii be in a policy auction soon:smirk:

police auction are awsome:D

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
police are just tax collectors.
you're sort of delusional if you think they care about citizen safety [as they should]