Analogue's New CMVS

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Is it me, or are the BIOS chips on that image not original (i.e. made by Raz himself)?

Regards.

He probably buys the images from Raz and burns it onto an eprom himself like I do. It makes handling the logistics of it a lot easier.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I like the idea that he refreshes his design to keep things interesting.

Last edited:

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
somebody from the bay area with "designer" in their name attracted to terrible hipster shit, film at eleven

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I have to admit that when I first saw one of these I thought it was awesome, then I looked at the price and I was like.......

I built a 2-slot cmvs instead and I just got an Omega a couple of weeks ago.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Requires his competitor to step in and offer tech advice on fixing his shit.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Definitely a step back from the original, imo

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The analogue NT hasn't been announced because they ran into trouble with the HDMI. They're having difficulty syncing it. I know this because Christoph contacted someone for a bid to fix it for him. Kevtris got around this issue by skipping cycles to match the timing.

Looks like there is some truth to this. The release date was pushed back to Feb 2015.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
He also raised the price on the HDMI adapter from $50 to $80.

With kevtris coming out with his hdmi nes board here very soon, I would say christoph totally missed the boat on this.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Sort of, Kevtris is making the mistake (imo) of giving Jason a free ride with the first 100 installs being exclusive to him. Expect to see Jason throw a few on Ebay before the kits are available to others as well. Kevtris doesn't want to deal with people having trouble installing and contacting him for shit they botch up, despite seeing the success the NESRGB had. Stupid shit like the Analogue NES turd will still sell to people who just wanted something completed and with Christoph's marketing catered to people like that, it'll be sure to sell.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Sort of, Kevtris is making the mistake (imo) of giving Jason a free ride with the first 100 installs being exclusive to him. Expect to see Jason throw a few on Ebay before the kits are available to others as well. Kevtris doesn't want to deal with people having trouble installing and contacting him for shit they botch up, despite seeing the success the NESRGB had. Stupid shit like the Analogue NES turd will still sell to people who just wanted something completed and with Christoph's marketing catered to people like that, it'll be sure to sell.

Cristoph should just use those shitty $50 hdmi scalers on ebay. Its not like the people buying his turd can tell the difference.

Also correct me if I am wrong but the Kevtris kit only does HDMI doesnt it? Cristophs abomination will still sell since it will have both rgb and HDMI.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Cristoph should just use those shitty $50 hdmi scalers on ebay. Its not like the people buying his turd can tell the difference.

Honestly, I thought that was what it was when he was only charging $50 for a scaler.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
No, he hired someone to do RGB on the NES. Apparently he wasn't up to the snuff to get HDMI and they ran into snags. Christoph has been looking for someone who can do it, unsure if he's found someone yet. He probably was using those shitty HDMI scalers, but he sent a couple out to people like Fudoh and who knows who else to review and they probably told him they were shit.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
No, he hired someone to do RGB on the NES. Apparently he wasn't up to the snuff to get HDMI and they ran into snags. Christoph has been looking for someone who can do it, unsure if he's found someone yet. He probably was using those shitty HDMI scalers, but he sent a couple out to people like Fudoh and who knows who else to review and they probably told him they were shit.

rofl, i hope this one bites him in the ass hard and soon.