Ami's Art Thread

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Okay, so here we go. I don't have a scanner right now, but I'll post my sprites and my older artwork for now.

SpriteAmi.png

Here's what I just finished today. I ended up modifying it and using it for my signature. She's actually my character, Ami Tajiri. Hope it's okay.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
fenix.jpg

She did up my new Av the other day in no time flat. Not a bad "from scratch" pixel drawing, if I do say so (and I do).

orlandDoo

Lord of the Bling, , Creator of:,
fenikso said:
fenix.jpg

She did up my new Av the other day in no time flat. Not a bad "from scratch" pixel drawing, if I do say so (and I do).

Not bad, needs some work with the body but overall pretty good, looks like you shrinked it down in photoshop and dedint use nearest neighbor which dosent blur the image but does do pixel shift but that can be clean up fast

Heres my i edite of the phenix
Bigger then 64x64 but what i do is nearist neighbor shrink

And get this after a bit of clean up.

Hope to see more of your work :) .

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
dubdubdub: Thanks for the link. I had seen EBOY's work before, but I'd never known the artist's name. Yeah, pixel work can be tedious, but it's a lot of fun.

orlanDoo: The remake sprite you did is awesome! You did a cool job on the fringe flames. Actually, I don't have Photoshop, I create my sprites in MS Paint. I think the blur you're referring to is just my style of shading. It's probably kinda odd, but I like to make my sprites deliberately pixelated, I think it gives it charm. Your style is very cool too, though. Thanks for your comments, I'm gonna show more of my work now:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/TajiriAmi/PictureofMike.jpg

This is a drawing I did of my ex three semesters ago. (Yay for drawing class!) Unfortunately, I didn't have a scanner, so my father took a digital picture of it. It was being held up at a really weird angle, and all the proportions look funky now. Still, I wanted to show some of my realism work. I think the shading and the hair are kinda cool, but the proportions needed work even before the photo was taken. I also wish I hadn't left the lines around the nose.

(Oh, and as far as the scanner situation: I didn't have one, then I did, then I didn't. It really sucks going without.)

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
HellioN: Thank you for the link! That's immensely helpful.
And for my next trick:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/TajiriAmi/SailorMoonPicture.jpg

Yup, so here's a picture I found in a Sailor Moon guide that I decided I wanted to draw, a few years back. Back then (when I thankfully had a scanner), I was mostly taking pre-existing work and trying to copy them freehand to see how well I could match the style and proportion. So while it's not an original drawing, I think I did an all right job matching it. Drawing what you see and getting a sense of proportion is vital for a beginning artist. No, it's not shaded, because I hated shading back then, and I figured it unnecessary. How naive I was! So anyway, please tell me what you guys think.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
My thread was slipping down the page, so I decided it was time to kick it back up. My work for this post:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/TajiriAmi/Sketch.jpg
(Caution, artistic nudity)

Not my best work ever, but the best I could manage with a mouse. I really wish I'd done a better job on the hips. Still, I think it didn't turn out too badly, so I thought I'd show you guys something completely current. I didn't shade it much, it was difficult to do any fine detailing, but here it is. Please tell me what you think.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
DARK ANDY: Uh... Thanks for the comment. I guess I wasn't entirely happy with the hands either, although I didn't think the situation was that drastic.

So, anyway, here's another that I drew a while back:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/TajiriAmi/Bang.jpg

It's a picture of Spike (Cowboy Bebop) I drew from an end scene in the episode "Sympathy for the Devil." The tape on it is because my cat got his hands on the picture and clawed it. But hey, gives it character, right? I call it "Bang."

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Okay, so I did another sketch today:

Sketch2.jpg

I was lazy, so didn't bother to shade it. Not too bad for a quick sketch, but still the familiar proportional problems. Oh well.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Ami Tajiri said:
Not too bad for a quick sketch, but still the familiar proportional problems. Oh well.
You know what they say about practice making perfect...
;)

considering you sketch using a mouse and do pixel art from scratch, I'd say you've got quite the talent there...in other BBS sites you probably would have been swamped with requests for custom sprite art by now...basically, keep up the good work(and that Spike drawing was nicely done)

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Ami Tajiri said:
Okay, so I did another sketch today:

Sketch2.jpg

I was lazy, so didn't bother to shade it. Not too bad for a quick sketch, but still the familiar proportional problems. Oh well.

When you just glance at it, it looks like she has massive armpit hair.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Kazuki Dash: Thank you so much! You're very kind. The only request I've gotten so far is fom my brother, but it would be awesome if I could be doing work for other members around the site. I do manga-style sketches, sprite work, and realism portraits, so if you can think of anything you'd like done, feel free to say so.

DARK ANDY: As always, thank you for commenting.

So here's a realism/ piece I did a year and a half ago:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/TajiriAmi/KuroiKaze.jpg

He was my then-boyfriend, who loaned me a picture that I promptly decided to draw. I actually deviated from how the original photo looked by giving it a manga spin and changing details about his hair and shirt. Also, I did a little touch-up work on my computer.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Is the gimp helping you out at all?

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Hellion: Yes, thank you! I've just started experimenting with it, and I'm enjoying it a lot. (Still not quite used to all the tools it has.) Thanks again for the link, I'd never had a real good art program before.

DARK ANDY: Thanks for keepin' the thread at the top of the page. :lolz:

I did this in middle school!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/TajiriAmi/Kaede.jpg

I hate the hair, but that's okay, I was only 12. I loved Last Blade even then. :D Got it out of the booklet, I think.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Amaya: Thank you for the comment. I'll be sure to check out your art when I get the chance.

And here's another one of my quick sketches:
Aeris.jpg

A portrayal of a certain Cetra girl. :D

Amaya

n00b
Ami Tajiri said:
Amaya: Thank you for the comment. I'll be sure to check out your art when I get the chance.

I don't have any posted because I don't have a scanner but their good though.:cool:

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Well, here's a super bump! I did a sprite comic of Phoenix Wright featuring Bowser and Peach's wedding in Super Paper Mario... And we all know that marriage was destined for failure.

kvk1fy4.png

fukuoku9000qr3.png

Last edited: