Alibaba Vewlix clones, anyone buy one?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Oh this is getting good.

For the record, viewlix cabs in the NYC area are on Craigslist for around $2k a pop, is that normal?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Oh this is getting good.

For the record, viewlix cabs in the NYC area are on Craigslist for around $2k a pop, is that normal?

If they’re real, it’s not impossible to ask that. But in NYC Craigslist, it’s probably fake af.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
LOL, you guys take this very seriously. In case you weren't aware, high quality panels are now dirt cheap compared to 10+ years ago when the Viewlix cabs came out.

I take shit seriously when someone like you is giving false information and lying through your teeth. You act like ppl haven't made the comparisons to see if a $600 clone compares to its original that had a MSRP of $6000 in 2007.

In case you weren't aware, Taito just cleared out Black Diamonds NIB for $2500 before shipping. Which are 1080p displays with actual front mount remote boards and don't require a separate bracket kit to TATE.

Only fact here is you peddling shit and when someone calls you out, you still act like a stupid bitch.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Case in point:

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39387&start=80

From user CGdfc:

“Hi, is it normal for the monitor that comes with the Chinese vewlix to have so much input lag?

I recently bought this arcade and to my surprise it is unplayable.
It has a lot of input lag.
The monitor is 1080p and has HDMI/VGA connectors.

I can show photos.

I honestly don't know how they can sell an arcade, with this input lag.“

Please Wyo, explain to me how this is the same black diamond monitor? Or perhaps you’d like to sell me another king of dragons you knew didn’t work when you sold it to me and acted like USPS broke it.

False statement. But I remember you sent a friend of mine a PCB with Yaton quality packaging. You probably damaged the King of Dragons because you don't know what you're doing. And besides, you got your money back so why don't you go back to overpaying for retarded shit to show off on the internet.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
False statement. But I remember you sent a friend of mine a PCB with Yaton quality packaging. You probably damaged the King of Dragons because you don't know what you're doing. And besides, you got your money back so why don't you go back to overpaying for retarded shit to show off on the internet.

Why don't you go back to flipping shit you buy as a "favor" and stop running your mouth about shit you have no knowledge in.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

Wrong again dr flips. You admitted to people in neo chat you knew that board wasn’t working before you sent it. Guess you were too busy trying to message dude on YT about your “proprietary cables.” What you call overpaying is not trying to haggle someone down to a price where you can make a profit. Anything I sell is at cost or lower, and investments? This is a fucking hobby, and if I was in it for “investments” then I wouldn’t have given Barte a free cab. You’re so full of shit and now you’ve been called out for trying to snake oil sell a cabinet. “It’s just a good as a real Vewlix and I’ll give you a great deal” was probably going to be one of your next moves.

You want to know why I’m able to get stuff at low prices or why people just directly contact me? Because they know I’m not going to try to flip shit or turn a profit. All those cave and expensive shit? I paid what my homies paid because I’m not out to make a buck off them.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Damn, RSG just hit the turbo button. Shit just got real.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Not that it needs saying, but RSG is a cool dude.
He's been super cool to me getting back into the arcade scene

My $.02 is that the chewlix is only worth it if you can scoop one already stateside for cheap.
Importing 1 cab sounds like a good way to burn money.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I heard that if you dont have the original cam locks, the cabs are no longer worth the same and good luck trying to sell it in the future according to some arcade elitist...

As long as you're happy with the cab is all that matters, arcade elitist are going to be what they are elitist. If you can get a brand new Chewlix for $1200 to your door seem like a great deal. I paid $1600 for my Vewlix C & $2500 for my Diamond Blue shipping not included...They both are the same to me and there really isn't any difference compared to my kraylix cabs.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I heard that if you dont have the original cam locks, the cabs are no longer worth the same and good luck trying to sell it in the future according to some arcade elitist...

As long as you're happy with the cab is all that matters, arcade elitist are going to be what they are elitist. If you can get a brand new Chewlix for $1200 to your door seem like a great deal. I paid $1600 for my Vewlix C & $2500 for my Diamond Blue shipping not included...They both are the same to me and there really isn't any difference compared to my kraylix cabs.

The only difference I see is that you seemed to have moved the Kraylix and they still work, unlike your other cabinets.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
The only difference I see is that you seemed to have moved the Kraylix and they still work, unlike your other cabinets.

I have 29 cabs, only 2 is not currently working. Do any of you have faggits have a working Toshiba Chassis PD1843...Yaton kept sending me junk chassis & Sharp Image couldn't fix it either.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
RSG: I didn't test King of Dragons before I shipped it but it worked the last time I played it, which was relatively recent (a month or 2 prior to selling). When I got it back from you, both the A and B boards were dead. A quick check revealed it had suicided. Not uncommon for a CPS1 game. If you have a fucking clue you could have easily desuicided it. As for the A board, who knows. CPS1 are fragile boards and shit happens. You got your money back and apparently someone told you some lies because I never said that in chat. I would never knowingly sell a defective game without disclosure. My record speaks for itself and so does yours. What cannot be disputed is you shipped a PCB loose in a big square box with a piece of bubble wrap in it and called it good. Somehow it survived but certainly no thanks to you. You've spewed the most lies in this thread, so congrats I guess. I don't have time to refute them all. Seriously though, go stick your dick in an anode cup.

DZ: Sad that it's come to this, man. We used to be cool but apparently the Massachusetts water contains excessive lead or something. Are you still pissed off about those Saturn games? I gave some of them away but still have most. If you want them back, let me know dude. If not, let it the fuck go, for Christ's sake. And stop hanging around with Filthy Rear. The boy ain't right in the head.

FR: Get off my nuts, you fucking stalker. You only resurface on here for middle school level drama. Or did the latest whale you harpooned escape from your rape dungeon of a basement? You're so obsessed with me I'm in your avatar. Keep hiding behind your computer like the gigantic pussy you are. When I saw a member died recently I was hoping it was you. Sadly not, it was a guy with a family. Now his kids are orphans and you're still alive. Proof if any was needed that karma isn't real.

RepX: I got no beef with you. Yeah, I honestly don't have much of a clue about these cabs and just decided to spout a bunch of nonsense. You VLX fanboys got riled up defending your superior Chinese products. The people who PM'd me with legit questions were referred to the Chewlix source. For the record, I saw the clone my buddy has and was impressed. Another group buy opened up and I put in an order. That's it. Ease up with the conspiracy theories, people!

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Would that be the same anode cup of you trying to sell Bob a Skull Fang that you knew was a conversion and didn’t tell him?

There’s no profit anymore for you to be had, go hang with papa john and swap stories about using the N word and how it’s not actually offense. Hell, you can get the hulkster to join in since he’s down in FL too.

Most lies in this thread lol, holy shit that’s gold. You tried to tell this man that a cheap chinaman cabinet is the same cab as the one Taito sells. If that was true, no one would buy real vewlix cabs. “They’re made in the same factory as Taito and they have the same monitor as the black diamond!” Full of shit and just doubling down.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Would that be the same anode cup of you trying to sell Bob a Skull Fang that you knew was a conversion and didn’t tell him?

Another lie. Keep 'em coming!

There’s no profit anymore for you to be had, go hang with papa john and swap stories about using the N word and how it’s not actually offense. Hell, you can get the hulkster to join in since he’s down in FL too.

Misrepresenting what I actually said. So basically another lie. I know it's difficult to not get riled up but do try to learn to comprehend.

Most lies in this thread lol, holy shit that’s gold. You tried to tell this man that a cheap chinaman cabinet is the same cab as the one Taito sells. If that was true, no one would buy real vewlix cabs. “They’re made in the same factory as Taito and they have the same monitor as the black diamond!” Full of shit and just doubling down.

You can't prove they are not. Unsubstantiated claim!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Damn. This thread now rivals the Medina thread with the pc engine tards. Hell yeah!
Hey where do I get that stupid bracket set for my chewlix? I guess I need one if that's how you rotate this thing if I ever feel like it.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
These are on par with the "real" Viewlix cabs after minor mods. They are brand new in box and manufactured in the same facility as official cabs.

Your first claim.

The Chewlix I ordered has the same monitor that is in a Viewlix Diamond. Replace the PSU, perform some basic mods and it is going to be comparable. Unless there are magical official Viewlix properties I'm not aware of, that's not a misleading statement.

They are not on par after minor mods. They are not exact clones. As much as you think how Chinese manufacturers work. The ones with legitimate contracts are not going to breach that contract with a $1.26 Billion Dollar Company. Smaller companies make the clones.

These clone manufacturers, again are Companies with under 100 employees. They cannot even meet the needs of Taito's demand. Nevermind ppl like you.

With said contract, there are product specs and quality control. Taito will refuse any machine not to their standards. Taito, like every Amusement Company will also test their products for abuse and reliability before making it available to Distributors and Operators.

The Chew you ordered does not have the same monitor and please by all means specify which Vewlix Diamond as not all Diamond models have the same monitor. If this is true please show your front mounted monitor remote board, proper monitor casing /w shielding, Chewlix in TATE without the Home Depot style "sold separately" brackets. As it comes from the same ppl you claim make it for Taito, we are talking pennies of a difference to add those in.

Why would anyone want to run low res JAMMA games on one of these anyway? That seems about as retarded as running HD games on a 4:3 CRT.

Why do ppl buy Chewlix clones, vinyl them with official Vewlix art, toss FMs or OSSCs in them, buy Taito parts for them? Toss mid to high PCs in them? That statement is pretty weak applied to anything as its based on the individual.

Why did Taito make their monitors 4:3 compatible and sell official JAMMA kits?

To make money and the understanding JP OPs have limited floor space, thus removing older 15k machines, yet still have the option to plug in their well paid off 15k JAMMA pcbs that still turn positive on collections unlike the many of the titles made for a Vewlix that die out in a year after release.

You VLX fanboys got riled up defending your superior Chinese products. For the record, I saw the clone my buddy has and was impressed. Another group buy opened up and I put in an order. That's it. Ease up with the conspiracy theories, people!

Here is the funny part. You are the one making all these unbelievable claims with no factual evidence and are just backpedaling after being called out. So at this point, everything from you is purely opinion, so why even make claims that stretch beyond that?

I don't even own a VLX, I fix other ppls shit. Both private and on location. Which for private, includes Chewlix. So there is no fanboy from me, its a paycheck outside my real job and the fact I have been doing it for a long time and worked with manufacturers in my younger years, knowing their standards, and that Operators will not stand for inferior products. Unlike the hobbyists, operator's wallets do the most damage to distributors and manufacturers. Especially, when the Video Arcade Industry has shrink so much over the years.

I've held my tongue for years hearing your bullshit. You can own 200 cabs, yet its still the same with you.

When someone asks the opinion on the quality of a clone and not state what they want to use it for in the original post. It is followed by baseless non-factual claims that the product is made by the same ppl as the original and of comparable quality. That sir is misdirecting and poor advice.

For someone like you to throw the "Arcade Elitist" term out there. After all these years asking for advice, all the times your machines broke, and asking ppl for or where to source replacement parts. Those ppl took the time to help you, whether you took their advice or not.

In the end, it's the OP's decision to make. Not everyone can mass ppl together and organize a group buy to reduce costs. Especially now compared to 2010 - 2017, due to the availability of cheaper real Vewlix cabs in the US.

Having all the options on the table, to include actual real Vewlix cabs that have gotten into an affordable range is not being an arcade elitist. The Vewlix L AMI I did for a friend runs a PS3 and Brooks, that sound "Elitist"? The difference is I maintained all the original looms if he wants to use real hardware in the future, as he got a FastIO and JVS I/O included with the cab.

The folks in this thread that have posted real Vewlix options and comparisons have restored their own cabs and modified them to their liking. So knock off the stupid analogies of shit like cam locks.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Damn. This thread now rivals the Medina thread with the pc engine tards.

See now you bring up a good point, yet with the wrong delivery.

We have lives and jobs. Whether its a Chewlix or a Vewlix we can save up and buy them. This thread wouldn't have turned this way if ppl were honest in the fact its a clone, not intended for use in an operator environment, but perfectly fine for home use and individual use you want out of the machine. Add in the fact that Chewlix's were a great option years ago when Vewlix cabs were still 3k+ before shipping used to now when you can get one to your door for $1.7k.

The difference with "PC Engine tards" is there are no options given at all. Besides the fact that Medina goes after anyone that can buy anything he can't afford, as he lives off his Mom.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
So I will admit. I got my chewlix for about 1300 after tax from the PA auction house. I immediately swapped all buttons and the sticks for Seimitsu. Rewired a few things to make it straight jamma. My monitor has been about what I would expect from an LCD. Its not the same as a crt, and nothing ever will be. Has it pissed me off? not much. I mean it even looks decent when i plug an ST-V titan into it.
What i can say as a positive is that this cab is lightweight as fuck. We carried it upstairs into the bedroom I rent in a punk house. I mean I and my best friend. He weighs 120 lbs. No issues muscling it.
Do i miss all my old cabs?? Well half and half. My original neo mv25up-o, I would kill to own again. The versus city, windy, cyberlead, I dunno.... they were fine. they lacked personality. Much like this chewlix. So I guess I'm a jaded lover. Metal candy with 99,000 plays and stickers slapped on it or it didnt happen? Forever chasing what once was.