Alibaba Vewlix clones, anyone buy one?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Not sure if I'm a sweaty or balding fuck, but I can assure you I've got a full head of hair. I've fully disassembled every one of my cabinets, rewired two, and modified the others.

The point of the thread was to find out about the screen quality on the clones (which seems like it could be all over the place), and the specifics of importing (to which no one has really addressed.)

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Not sure if I'm a sweaty or balding fuck, but I can assure you I've got a full head of hair. I've fully disassembled every one of my cabinets, rewired two, and modified the others.

The point of the thread was to find out about the screen quality on the clones (which seems like it could be all over the place), and the specifics of importing (to which no one has really addressed.)

As far as shipping goes there are a few East Coast importers that specialize in bringing in freight from China. Yaton uses them to get his stuff from point A to point B in the US, however their a predominantly Mandrin speaking company so communication is quite difficult.

Yaton charges $650 for East Coast delivery and another $350 to get the item from China to the US, and that's a good price because he moves so much product. So ballpark I'd say you're probably looking at $1200 on the low side. There are going to be fees that may need to be paid as well. Storage fees, taxes, ECT. Those are typically handled through the importer and you just pay them.

Lastly, you need to make sure that the cabinet is declared correctly by the seller. Yaton made a fuck up with several of his cabinets and customs wanted thousands to release them. I'm not sure what the outcome of that issue was tbh.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You are talking to ppl that actually work, restore, and play their machines. Have had their hands on both VLX and clones. For me, I have fixed them on location. You know, actually used for their original intended purpose. Which shows how a machine handles real abuse.

The advice was given. After importing and fixing things with a NIB machine. The cost is equal to a real one purchased in the US and shipped to your door.

Fact is, he has options, as advice was given. The clone imported isn't about "cost savings" at all.

The VLX L AMI I did for someone locally is clean. Has a PS3 and PC in it, yet still has all the wiring ready to go if he wants to toss a JVS game or TypeX multi in it. $2k

Funny how he discusses only some of the things we have already brought up. As he hasn't gone through all the options available to him. Also, no its not properly JAMMA wired and he even explains he will be replacing it down the road.

I am glad he mentioned the fact to access the monitor remote board, is via the back of the machine. Which is why ppl buy a switcher. Again, all this shit adds up and why we give options for the OP.

Absolutely, but $1250 shipped seems reasonable for a brand new Chewlix of decent quality, all things considered.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Absolutely, but $1250 shipped seems reasonable for a brand new Chewlix of decent quality, all things considered.

I've never seen someone sell a brand new Chewlix for $1250. Where are these prices? Eastern Seaboard shipping is gonna be $3-500, so you're pulling in brand new machines for $750?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Just came in to say I love the names for Chinese arcade stuff...Chewlix, Chamma...they sound like a dog treat and indian food haha

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Ah, I missed that. At that price, sure, go bootleg. But it's not really what's gonna happen here with a one off shipment from Alibaba.

The same goes for importing a single cab of any type. Have you ever paid to have a single cab shipped to you from overseas?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The same goes for importing a single cab of any type. Have you ever paid to have a single cab shipped to you from overseas?

Nope, never had to. Do I have plenty of friends that have? Sure do. Do I know how much they paid? Sure do. Again, how is me importing a cab relevant to anything were talking about here?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nope, never had to. Do I have plenty of friends that have? Sure do. Do I know how much they paid? Sure do. Again, how is me importing a cab relevant to anything were talking about here?

The point is...don't pay to import a single Chewlix cab. Shipping costs are effectively fixed, so if you are importing one cab, may as well pay the extra for a real one.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

See, this is completely different though. Now you are calling it of decent quality. The point is clones aren't true clones and when you state a clone is of the same quality and features of an original that is being dishonest.

Price is going to vary based on quantity ordered for anything imported. However, then it is going to depend on the shipping terms and if buying with others, the additional shipping within the Country if its not a bunch of locals buying.

It also comes down to what you want to do with the cabinet. If you are looking to do actual arcade hardware at all, I do not recommend a Chew. As you will be paying a lot more to do it correctly, whether its JAMMA and/or JVS standard.

For PC or consoles, you need to add everything up. Then decide what you want to fix for a proper experience. The cabinet + shipping and the fact its not ready out of the box is a factor.

If you want all capabilities, Original VLX all the way from a cost perspective. Because, the huge point you are missing is you dont have to import an original VLX. There are plenty coming into the US for sale, period.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Any suggestions where I can get one on the east coast?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
There was a guy in Ohio who was doing Chewlix group buys.

Honestly, this whole "if only I could get one on the East coast" statement is pretty stupid. All the big importers ship and it's pretty reasonable. It only cost $477 to ship my Daimond Black from California to Kentucky. That's door to door blanketed delivery.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
There was a guy in Ohio who was doing Chewlix group buys.

Honestly, this whole "if only I could get one on the East coast" statement is pretty stupid. All the big importers ship and it's pretty reasonable. It only cost $477 to ship my Daimond Black from California to Kentucky. That's door to door blanketed delivery.

^This. Put the cab on a truck and have it delivered to your door. That $477 is white glove service, pallet, blanket, wrap, all inclusive.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Ahh yes. The infamous, "No Cabs on the East Coast" statement.

Guess my shit and the 100s of others I know just imported them straight from Japan.

Oh wait, we didn't. Most of us obtained them from the West Coast or were part of Group Buys that entered a port outside the East Coast and had them shipped to our door.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
See, this is completely different though. Now you are calling it of decent quality. The point is clones aren't true clones and when you state a clone is of the same quality and features of an original that is being dishonest.

Price is going to vary based on quantity ordered for anything imported. However, then it is going to depend on the shipping terms and if buying with others, the additional shipping within the Country if its not a bunch of locals buying.

It also comes down to what you want to do with the cabinet. If you are looking to do actual arcade hardware at all, I do not recommend a Chew. As you will be paying a lot more to do it correctly, whether its JAMMA and/or JVS standard.

For PC or consoles, you need to add everything up. Then decide what you want to fix for a proper experience. The cabinet + shipping and the fact its not ready out of the box is a factor.

If you want all capabilities, Original VLX all the way from a cost perspective. Because, the huge point you are missing is you dont have to import an original VLX. There are plenty coming into the US for sale, period.

The Chewlix I ordered has the same monitor that is in a Viewlix Diamond. Replace the PSU, perform some basic mods and it is going to be comparable. Unless there are magical official Viewlix properties I'm not aware of, that's not a misleading statement. They are all made in China by Chinamen, so in effect you also have a Chewlix.

Why would anyone want to run low res JAMMA games on one of these anyway? That seems about as retarded as running HD games on a 4:3 CRT.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The Chewlix I ordered has the same monitor that is in a Viewlix Diamond. Replace the PSU, perform some basic mods and it is going to be comparable. Unless there are magical official Viewlix properties I'm not aware of, that's not a misleading statement. They are all made in China by Chinamen, so in effect you also have a Chewlix.

Why would anyone want to run low res JAMMA games on one of these anyway? That seems about as retarded as running HD games on a 4:3 CRT.
You're so full of shit I can smell it from here. Taito sells the black diamond monitors for $1700 shipped by themselves. If this were true people would be buying these shit cabs and scraping them for the monitors.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
LOL, you guys take this very seriously. In case you weren't aware, high quality panels are now dirt cheap compared to 10+ years ago when the Viewlix cabs came out.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
LOL, you guys take this very seriously. In case you weren't aware, high quality panels are now dirt cheap compared to 10+ years ago when the Viewlix cabs came out.

I'm not taking anything seriously. I'm just saying that either you're full of shit or the person telling you this is full of shit. RSVG just bought a monitor for a trashed AMI not even a year ago and it cost him more.then your "on par" Chewlix cost.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm not taking anything seriously. I'm just saying that either you're full of shit or the person telling you this is full of shit. RSVG just bought a monitor for a trashed AMI not even a year ago and it cost him more.then your "on par" Chewlix cost.

Sounds like a terrible investment. Did his score tables improve?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

This is so inaccurate about the monitor I don’t know where to start. Those chewlix LCD are not the same as the ones in the black diamond, they are a far cry from it. A yoo ying top panel is not the same as the sanwa that’s in the F/FC, nor the Panasonic that’s in the diamond blue, and certainly not the D sign in the diamond black. Someone on AO recently obtained a chewlix and even he mirrored what we have stated about the lag being absurd on those cabs.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Subscribed to thread

xdFDrI0.mp4

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Case in point:

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39387&start=80

From user CGdfc:

“Hi, is it normal for the monitor that comes with the Chinese vewlix to have so much input lag?

I recently bought this arcade and to my surprise it is unplayable.
It has a lot of input lag.
The monitor is 1080p and has HDMI/VGA connectors.

I can show photos.

I honestly don't know how they can sell an arcade, with this input lag.“

Please Wyo, explain to me how this is the same black diamond monitor? Or perhaps you’d like to sell me another king of dragons you knew didn’t work when you sold it to me and acted like USPS broke it.