A message from Capcom - on a PS1 disc.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
So after 1,000 years, I finally got around to instaling a PS emulator on my Mac, and also found a nice single terminal command that rips the discs into a ISO file with no bother.

Anyway, I chucked in a copy of Capcom V SNK and look what I saw.

capcom_cvsnk_ps1_lol_b_zps8822dffc.png

capcom_cvsnk_ps1_lol_a_zpsb3437749.png

:tickled::tickled::tickled::tickled::tickled:

PS: The audio file was blank - I was hoping for some fart sounds or whitehouse or something.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
brilliant. Simply brilliant.

What is track 1?

ps you should submit this to SRK

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Track one is just unreadable (PS1) data content - well iTunes sees it, but cannot read it.

aria

Former Moderator
Track one is just unreadable (PS1) data content - well iTunes sees it, but cannot read it.

If its like old computer and Sega CDs, it would play as digitalized garbage. I used to love listening to tracks off of my Dark Wizard CD on my stereo.

da66en

Zero's Secretary
This isn't a message from Capcom. This is data iTunes grabbed off of Gracenote (CDDB). Meaning someone posted this to Gracenote as a joke, or there is a 2 track CD that really exists by a band called 'Crap'

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I remember Castlevania: SOTN had an audio message that can be played with a regular CD player.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
I remember Castlevania: SOTN had an audio message that can be played with a regular CD player.

Yes, and it also had a really awesome hidden music track (an arrangement for "Cross of Fear" if I remember correctly...)