12-4-14: The slaughter begins anew. Voice your butthurt here.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I want to apologize to all my friends and other good members who saw the deals and sent pm's. However, this exercise cemented a few things the mods have been telling us and many more of us suspected.

1. Fears of this market "dying" if non-contributing members, 10 year / 10 post members, and noobs were restricted from the marketplace are wholly inaccurate.
2. It isn't enough to post "These good prices are for good contributing members" in sales threads rules or headers. It does nothing. (we shouldn't have to post "no flippers", "no 0 post members", etc in our sales threads...that is a sign of a problem).
3. There were as now 120+ pm's (a few of those are doubles of me talking to legit members and apologizing). Unique member pm's are just shy of 100. They are split almost down the middle from good members, active on the site, active in the marketplace, friendly and legit. The other half are from members I have never seen on this site. It is truly shocking how many member accounts are lying dormant just scouring the marketplace. They never post "Sending PM", they just send the PM - they don't want to be seen. Now they have been...well, at least one more batch.
4. The marketplace is better without them and here is the proof: of all the pm's I received - it didn't take knowing the legit members to recognize they were legit; the way they pm'd emphasized it.

Almost every PM from legit members went like this: "Hey Mike, i'm probably 8th in line, but if that viewpoint is still around consider it sold. Hit me up w/paypal if it falls through. Thanks man."

Almost every PM from the leeches went like this: "Hi, please send me hi-res pics of the spine, label and case on *insert game*. I see US shipping is free, that means international will receive discount, yes? Cheers."

A $59 "nasty label windjammers" and these guys still want multiple pics. Regardless it says "no holds", "good contributing members only", "pics will take time". Doesn't matter. It is a cesspool of selfish individuals who spoil the marketplace. Those of us who love this hobby and when we tire of something want to pass it on at a fair price to our comrades shouldn't have to either inflate the price to avoid seeing it on ebay 2 weeks later. As witnessed by 50+ legit member PM's, this market is doing just fine without them.

Reading that was fucking infuriating but not shocking. Good on you for going the extra mile to nail these leeching fucks. I'd be interested to see the geographical breakdown as well but again I'm sure it's primarily from the axis of evil (Italy/France/Spain)

Last edited:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Hahahaha, I did too the other day... I saw the thread and thought to myself "ah, why the hell not? I'll throw a number at VT and see what happens. I have no idea what the item could be but it sounds awesome."

LMAO

Yyyyep, also guilty of the exact same thing, for the same reason. Just seeing this thread now! Needless to say, I feel kinda silly, but glad I didn't "win" ;). Also, this is awesome. Christmas -did- come early this year!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
How many of you we t back and read the original post completely differently?

:keke:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The torture king does it, because he likes it.

No really, use a memory card with Viewpoint. XD

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
awesome. There is no GIF good enough for this.

swchair_anger.gif

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Regardless it says "no holds", "good contributing members only", "pics will take time". Doesn't matter. It is a cesspool of selfish individuals who spoil the marketplace.

Happened to me selling my Ibara Kit with full pics and all the disclaimers. Had 3 legit member PMs and the rest were trash. To include a low post member trying to manipulate me with 2 accounts. They are now banned across the 3 major sites.

I love passing on the buck, however its usually why I go the local forum member root first, before posting here.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Just caught up with the threads and hats off to everyone involved. The no bullshit all drama approach is so damn satisfying to watch unfold. I probably woulda gotten caught in the web if I hadn't splurged black friday.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
interesting results

good effect on target

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I'll have one by the end of this week up. Finally getting around to sorting through my MVS carts now that my Judge Dredd is put back together.

You bought ANOTHER one after buying/selling mine within a month last year? Didn't that game single-handedly ruin your Thanksgiving? :lolz:

PS - tread lightly bro, dat post:feedback ratio. You're a good dude, hang out with us more!

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Lol, it came with my new cab or else I would never own that game bro! I know, I know, there is no excuse I need to get in here more.. My feedback is overinflated though as its mostly from me selling rather than buying.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
that's bad ass ! you made that ? or just random internet pics ?

^That's my daughter, my kids and I made it in May. We had 3' on the ground from the long winter then got one of those random 30 degree 24" dumpings in May. Next day was 45 degrees - perfect for building huge sculptures.

Oh, the sale thread is probably done and has served it's purpose, right? Nope. STILL getting pm's, got this one 3 hours ago. 3 years / 0 posts / requests me to send pics to his email address:

Spoiler:
alesneogeo said:
Hi mate
I would be interested in:

Stakes Winner 2
Bang Bead MVS kit

Are both available?

Could you send me some pics, please?

alexradical_madrid@hotmail.com

Many thanks and best

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I'll admit that the "Fire Sale" burned me.

That fake sales thread meshed so good together with the wood block Christmas presents thread.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
^That's my daughter, my kids and I made it in May. We had 3' on the ground from the long winter then got one of those random 30 degree 24" dumpings in May. Next day was 45 degrees - perfect for building huge sculptures.

Oh, the sale thread is probably done and has served it's purpose, right? Nope. STILL getting pm's, got this one 3 hours ago. 3 years / 0 posts / requests me to send pics to his email address:

Spoiler:

He even has a whole thread dedicated to him: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?253786-Delete