Analogue Duo: FPGA Turbo Duo

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Modern gaming trends are so shitty. Three years delay for a fake version of a system that was only originally on sale for three years, if that. Think about how fuct that is.

Why they ever thought they could hit $199 is beyond me.

NO EMULATION! Also, NO PRODUCT, dipshits!

Was looking at ANALogue's dumbass site this morning while sipping coffee. I find it hilarious that by the time this dumbass unobtanium system comes out, those PCE wireless controllers 8BitDo made for a hot minute on the heels of the PCE mini will be all gone.

Go play Mars Matrix buy a Mister
How did those terra onion purchases work out? Satisfied with that product? I can wait for a plug and play solution that actually works, Im in no rush to waste time on games ive played a ton already, no excuse for the length of production time on this but who really cares? People like aw bacon, thats who. The anal log products are great. I aint got time or patience to dick with a mister.

And I do remember all the crying about shipping. Didnt they address and change that?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I also think we're gonna' see chinese clone consoles on the same level any day now.

It'll go like this:

1. Chinese company created FPGA clone and thinks they can charge $$$$ for it because ANALogue did
2. Market rejects
3. They gather dust
4. Cheaper, mass market versions flood market
5. Hyperkin manages to make a shitty one still

How did those terra onion purchases work out?
And I do remember all the crying about shipping. Didnt they address and change that?

Huh? Was the Terraonion comment at me? I bought an SSDS3 once, I actually thought it was good. I could also just go to a goddamn site and add it to cart.

Anal never fixed the shipping issue because they paid a 3rd party for fulfillment and it added to the cost of shipping - was like $20-30 to ship

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It might not be the fanciest of solution but the new version of the SSDS3 (SSHD) has HDMI built in. If that wasn't enough, the Retrotink 2x is fine for HD output of your old consoles. I know none of this is elegant or anything like that but there are other ways.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
As if a legit game console were not enough…gotta have a giant growing mountain of 3rd party shit now I guess.
Keep all your old original stuff and keep a CRT around...Or sell all that and have a pile of 3rd party junk take up the exact same amount of room.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Keep all your old original stuff and keep a CRT around...Or sell all that and have a pile of 3rd party junk take up the exact same amount of room.

The *exact* same amount? Even though modern junk never stops coming and the TVs are four times the size? That’s downright magical. I wonder how it’s done…

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Or you know you could have an LCD and CRT.

Or you could just have a MISter.

Or you could just get a modern system and stop living in a nostalgia soaked nightmare.

lots of options, fellas

Last edited:

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Fuck the nostalgia kicks you will forever be chasing that dragon until you get the analogue anal dildo with plug in buttplug turbo mega edition

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I was really interested in this last year. Then @Jon turned me onto the SSD3 and I can play PCE on my pocket with FPGA.

I still have my PC Engine and T-16 and I have a Super CD but I haven’t powered that on in a bit. I may have bitten if I didn’t have the SSD3 and the pocket but again not interested anymore.

The Mega SG still looks cool to me but again that’s not something I need, there are other things I’d rather dedicate my money to.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'd like it for homebrews but I have a SGX w/ SSDS3 and a doujindance pce w/SSDS3 pro so I'm good.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I'm fine currently with just using my duo-r.Beside with how analogue rips you off with shipping now,no thanks id rather just buy a mister at this point for another way to play pc-engine.Not to mention there terrible at keeping there systems restock you miss out to bad that means waiting a year or more to able to buy one.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Guys…a US Duo was $300…30 years ago, a JP one closer to $400. This price itself isn’t bad, especially compared to what they’ve sold in the past.

But, like many others, I still have two PCE setups and I don’t need HDMI at all so I won’t be getting one.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The price is fine, these days you'd be lucky to get a working Duo for the price of this thing. I just don't really want to deal with the bullshit of preordering and then receiving it god knows when, I don't believe the "shipping in 2023" at all. I might still try to grab it, but if the site implodes or something I won't lose any sleep over it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Yeah, not knowing when/if it will arrive is for sure the biggest turnoff.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Something also should be said for hey we revealed this three years ago you probably forgot or assumed it would be cancelled but now you have just two days to figure out if you want one or not.