Recent content by Ely13

1. E

Official PSP Homebrew (Piracy) Thread: All ROMs, ISOs and Such!

Will a game like Last Blade or Samurai Shodown 2/3 run in full-speed, or will it be stuck at the 70-80% that the KoFs are at? Another reservation I just realized was whether all new PSPs now ship with 2.5 firmware... I know the downgrade only exists for 2.0 > 1.5, as I don't want to be stuck...
  2. E

WTB: SS5 Special MVS

Ran me $165.36 for the SSVS, shipping, and 4% paypal fee.
  3. E

WTB: SS5 Special MVS

$138+shipping 3 :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:s for loopyeddie
  4. E

"U.S. teacher sexpidemic spreading across planet"

Well, sex with students is better than this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4517186.stm A teacher has been arrested in Japan and charged with stabbing a schoolgirl to death in an argument. Sayano Horimoto, 12, was killed in a classroom on Saturday, becoming the third child to be...
  5. E

Official PSP Homebrew (Piracy) Thread: All ROMs, ISOs and Such!

Could someone please tell me if there is a NeoCD emulator (NeoCD PSP?) or SNES (SNES9x PSP optimized?) which plays ROMs at full speed, with or without sound, on the PSP? I've been doing a lot of digging on other forums, but I'm seeing a lot of varying responses from the same time period. Some...
  6. E

Best Samsho out of the series?

Damn... I felt SS3 is the best, but SSVS is quickly winning me over. SSVS is an incredible game. Arguably better than both Last Blades from a gameplay perspective. Haven't played Tenka yet.
  7. E

Final Fantasy IV Advance Release day thread!

Agreed. FF2(US) looked fantastic for an early SNES title. Put it next to FF1-3(JP) and it's light years apart. I actually like the classic Japanese gothic art. It makes it feel much more intricate than the easytype US release. They always toned down the difficulty level when porting from...
  8. E

'Last Hope' Central thread

WTF.
  9. E

26.88 at Target :) Get it there instead of EB or Gamestop. I bought it and then realized I left my GBA at someone else's house. I guess I'll stare at the box all week and play it this weekend :annoyed:
  10. E

Working Designs closes it's doors

Horrible news :( I have almost all the WD Sega and PSX titles... was going to get around to picking up Growlanser Generations one of these days. I was bitter towards WD after they bailed on the Saturn but I got over it. I didn't really like the titles WD chose to publish over the last few...
  11. E

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3146237&did=1 Remaking a classic is a risky prospect. Just take a look at Hollywood for example after example of how badly it can go. At the other end of the spectrum is Final Fantasy IV Advance, one of the rare successes -- a remake that easily exceeds the...
  12. E

Worst comes to worst, they can just ship the AES snap-lock case insert without an actual box and let buyers either sacrifice a game they don't care about or save on costs. Conversely, to argue against my own point, it sounds like that would defeat the purpose of this project... to create an...
  13. E

Official PSP RPG thread

Quite nice. As someone whose owned Valkyrie Profile for several years now, I think it'd be much better on something like the PSP than a console-based system. It's a very pretty game but it's on the simplistic side. Awesome soundtrack though.
  14. E

Assuming your response was serious, not to denigrate what you wrote but such a discussion would be about as silly as the thread on 'how much does it cost to make a supergun?'. Given the state of PCB manufacturing, I'd be surprised if one couldn't contact a company in Taiwan or such, give them...
  15. E

Do you mean the fixed costs associated with manufacturing the boards, cases, instructions, etc.? I can't imagine that they would be terribly high. The only reason I can see for it is exclusivity. I would be surprised if they can find 50-100 who'd buy a homebrew for this cost, however.