Do you prefer SSVS or LB1 or LB2?

Which game do you prefer?

• Total voters

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
I just got my copy of Samurai Shodown V Special MVS and it absolutely rocks! SS3 was my favorite up to this point but I'm not very good at it and the gameplay is awfully unforgiving. I didn't really like 4 or 5, but 5S has 'something' to it that makes it feel much tighter and polished than 4 and 5.

I'm hardly an expert on the SS series so I don't know if SSVS is a cheesetastic game like SvC or if it's more skillbased like KoF 2002, but it's the most fun I've had with a Neo game in a long time, especially considering that I went in with pretty low expectations.

Last Blade (going with 1 over 2 since it seems to be the general preference and 1 feels more 'complete' to me) is undeniably a very atmospheric, beautiful product, and SSVS does look rather cartoony compared to it, but I can't help but feel that I'm having more initial fun with SSVS than LB. Maybe the feeling will wear off after awhile, but I was wondering what people thought about these games stacked against each other.

Oh yeah, and I performed my first fatality with Rasetsumaru by accident. I admit he looked rather awesome standing there, rage gauge filled to MAX, covered in blood.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Interesting vote breakdown so far... didn't expect 66% would go for SSVS over the LB series. Maybe I wasn't hallucinating that SSVS beats the living crap out of SS4 and 5 :)

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Last Blade 1 by far for the atmosphere...Last Blade 2 for gameplay.

Yeah last blade 1 + 2 both kick ass. I have yet to play SSV but it looks awesome too. Last blade 1 would be better than 2 if you could air repel but i'd have to go with 2 for that reason.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I havent played Samurai Shodown V Special so I cant vote. Even though...Last Blade 2 kicks ass. :buttrock: