MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Yes,

And i am explaining open WHY, thats much more than others would do.

I understand that people loves to criticize, most of the times without a clue about what they are talking about.

Let me tell you that with other words : blame SNK for not ever consider they would do carts with front labels so they didn´t care to swap the logical order betwen horizontal and vertiral MVS boards. Or blame OMEGA manufactured to not produce a connector that would swap the direction on the connector so carts with front labels would be pointed on the same direction as horizontal MVS boards do.

Critics will allways criticize, customers deserve an explanation about WHY. We care about customers.

Thanks

Don't let it stress you! You cannot win either way - if you put the label the other way around then other people would complain that on their system its upside down. "It's just a label people - it's so you can identify what the cart is before you put it in the system, and once its in the system - even upside down in some systems, you can tell what it is, so who cares honestly". What next? Multiple label orientation options? Then people will complain their cart is not as sought after because their label is the least common orientation...

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes,

I understand that people loves to criticize, most of the times without a clue about what they are talking about.

Let me tell you that with other words : blame SNK for not ever consider they would do carts with front labels so they didn´t care to swap the logical order betwen horizontal and vertiral MVS boards. Or blame OMEGA manufactured to not produce a connector that would swap the direction on the connector so carts with front labels would be pointed on the same direction as horizontal MVS boards do.

Critics will allways criticize, customers deserve an explanation about WHY. We care about customers.

Thanks

Your choice is very understandable and logical neosd and for unsatified peoples with the shell shape or orientation , still remain the solution of the low cost mvs cart shell donor .

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yes,

Thanks
I don't think there's a need to get too worked up over it NeoSD. We're just discussing things here and not attacking you or the product, which people love. A simple critique shouldn't be taken in such an irate fashion.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I'd like to access these files, as just bought the AES and MVS NeoSDs. Rot, please could you PM me the password? For some reason I don't appear to be allowed to send PMs on this forum, which is lame. Anyway, thanks!

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Well actually I've mostly been on pinside and other pinball forums, but I take your point!

How can I activate PM facility? Not having it is as lame as my inability to post.. and certainly doesn't encourage me to bother. But thanks for your friendly reply.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Anyway, I ordered both the AES and MVS carts, and like others have reported, my c/cards were rejected. However, after calling one card provider then ordering, all was fine. Really looking forward to this :-)

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Well actually I've mostly been on pinside and other pinball forums, but I take your point!

How can I activate PM facility? Not having it is as lame as my inability to post.. and certainly doesn't encourage me to bother. But thanks for your friendly reply.

PMing is a feature for active members. You can activate the PM feature by interacting on the forum.

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Wow, I hope that's the case, but MVS carts go in the Omega slot arrow facing front. Is it only the arrow on the neosd board that faces the opposite direction or something?

nornor1

NEST Puppet
"Backwards Label Gate"? Yeah this doesnt bother me at all. Im not looking at the label while im playing :). I dont think NeoSD should have to Kiss any ones ass. the team has been cool this whole time. most companies wouldnt care after they got their $$$. @NeoSD keep doing what you are doing, Providing awesome support, improving your product. thanks.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Whinge... complain... blah de blah...

If you guys had a real valid issue... like "SHIT... it's not working..."... i'd get upset...

However, at the moment... I'm not overly impressed with the "Z'omg... it's the wrong way... I must stare at it while i'm playing a game..."... which i may hasten to add is not Neosd's fault that someone built the CMVS that way...

Next person who I feel is boring the fuck out of me.. will understand a few things or two about why my attention span is so short...

xROTx

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
When I put my cart in my free shell I did it wrong, the girst time. The label was facing down in the one slot. So i inserted the cart the other way inside the case and now the label faces upwards ... everything inside the shell is modular.

what am i missing?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
That's weird, it's definitely backwards on my Omega.

Ultimately doesn't matter to me, but this is odd?

Yeah... that's how I feel about a LOT of the complaining fooks atm...

Load times... Cosmetics shitz... It's beginning to become an unsatisfactory way to treat Neosd and his team... who have bent over backwards to accomodate you guys...

IF the device did not do what it said on the tin which was... "Play the Neo Library perfectly..."... then I'd be the first to step in and say something...

HOWEVER, most of this stuff is cosmetic... and well.. boring me...

If I get bored enough... some of you guys will start hitting my radar.... and that's prob not the best place to spend your time here....

Ask around... read up... whatever... I don't make idle threats... never did...

xROTx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
As I said you can easily flip the cart inside the shell ...

Good boy...

xROTx

PS. I know Neosd and his team are getting a bit annoyed with what I would suggest is "cosmetic" issues... and this leads me to get annoyed...

I have NO vested interests in this device beside the fact that it's a cool thingy... BUT... I also don't want our homebrew people pissed off as long as they play ball with you guys... within reason...

THIS is why I will NOT sanction any mention of Ng.dev's romz EVER being mentioned (with a view to dumping) without their permission...

donomans

n00b
Sucess by acident, thats sucess aswel,
Just reminds me posit at 3M :)

I think most successful people will admit success by accident happens more often than you hope!

I can confirm that you can flip the cart inside. Just tried it and now my cart is facing the right way in my Omega. So there's nothing to even discuss, it appears.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I think most successful people will admit success by accident happens more often than you hope!

I can confirm that you can flip the cart inside. Just tried it and now my cart is facing the right way in my Omega. So there's nothing to even discuss, it appears.
Excellent news 😁

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Neosd must have the patience of a saint to deal with Neo Geo collectors.