MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I was wondering about this for a while....could the card be turned into "headless"? [...] I personally like more the idea of not using the cabinet with a "foreign" GUI to play...like a devel kit.
It's possible to set the GUI to load the flashed game so you won't see it at all... until you want to change the game. So, I don't really see why you'd want to remove the GUI... that just makes everything more complicated without gaining anything.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
until you want to change the game.

That was the point..

The idea is to keep the workflow faithful to the original development kit..."historical faithfulness" reasons if you will, definitively not ease of use (at least for the end-user...probably a developer would like more to have a way to directly flash from the PC, rather than copy on the SD remove/reinsert it every time)

snk-neo-geo-development-kit.jpg

SNK-X3002-P3-preview.jpg

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Wow - that dev board is awesome!!! Any one have one of those? Must have been a pain in the ass programming one of those back in the day. We've got to be thankful though or many of the great games we love would never exist if it wasn't for that beast of a board!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Brian has pretty all the devel boards...some had PCMCIA cards, orhers needed EPROMS.

...personally I love the "ugly" simplicity of that early '90s stuff..

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
the large mvs & dev boards are great, you get better view of the trace paths and components

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Thanks to everyone for the great coments.

About the filters : GadgetUK and Sceptre_JLRB can tell you this has already been fixed weeks ago and improved aswel, now you can also hide hacks and so ....

We are just working in having a perfect firmware update so we can distribute this one to everyone.

This update will include flast loading aswel

Thanks

I confirm it: Filters are fixed since weeks ago, and new ones are included, such as order by name/year/developer, and hide or not bootlegs. In addition, a new option menu is added to the currently flashed game, allowing to lunch game, save/load backup RAM and even access Service Menu directly (this latter still work in progress). Not to mention loading times are greatly improved, 30-40% faster.

BTW, I love the GUI, is by far the best on whatever flashcart and it's nice, fast and perfect!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Alright, just went to the Post Office and picked my NeoSD (it was held there since days...no notice, no tracking updates...I guess USPS messed up as well this time) will start playing with it soon!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The idea is to keep the workflow faithful to the original development kit [...] probably a developer would like more to have a way to directly flash from the PC, rather than copy on the SD remove/reinsert it every time
thanks for clarifying!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Received mine today and working perfectly on my Supergun.

aKP1rto.jpg

Slangeug

n00b
I apologize if this has been covered, but I live in the U.S. and I ordered my NeoSD cart a week ago. If anyone could tell me approximately how long the wait is before an order arrives, I would greatly appreciate it. I can't wait to start playing! Thanks in advance.

neosd

Neosd Developer
I apologize if this has been covered, but I live in the U.S. and I ordered my NeoSD cart a week ago. If anyone could tell me approximately how long the wait is before an order arrives, I would greatly appreciate it. I can't wait to start playing! Thanks in advance.

Hello,

We will get the new batch this week and shipment will be next week.

Thanks

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder

I'm on the east coast, and from the date mine shipped out, it took about four weeks to arrive. That said, your experience may differ.

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Got my neosd today in Canada. :)

I originally planned to wait for the official shell to try it out, but since they're going to take a while longer, I'm going to modify a spare shell I've been saving. I sold most of my carts to pay for this, so I don't need that shell anymore. :p

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello Everyone,

We are considering about offer an UPS upgrade for shipments, this upgrade would cost 20 euros.
Shipping time to USA would be 1-2 days once we have stock, we dont want to rise the price more, but this upgrade may be something some of you have been asking us about.

We would like to hear your opinion about that.

Thanks

Last edited:

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hello Everyone,

We are considering about offer an UPS upgrade for shipments, this upgrade would cost 20 euros.
Shipping time to USA would be 1-2 days once we have stock, we dont want to rise the price more, but this upgrade may be something some of you have asking us about.

We would like to hear your opinion about that.

Thanks

I am planning on ordering the AES cart in the new year and this option is something I would be willing to pay for.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
I am curious about how many pieces of this nice piece of work are already sold or how many pieces NeoSD needs to get his break-even point ? Maybe the constructor of this fabolous work is so generous to share his stats with us (or maybe a small hint) ;)

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm on the east coast, and from the date mine shipped out, it took about four weeks to arrive. That said, your experience may differ.
What date does correos say it was shipped out for you? I'm heading to the post office this afternoon to see if they just have it sitting in the back (along with another package of mine that is also in the shipping void) just because I'm not sure if I should start getting concerned it was lost in the mail or something at this point...

(Not blaming you at all NeoSD, I totally understand all of the mail shizbang that goes down this time of the year + shipping from Europe)

::Edit:: Just for more info - Correos shows "Admitido" on 11/21 & "Salida de la Oficina Internacional de origen" on 12/4.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
What date does correos say it was shipped out for you? I'm heading to the post office this afternoon to see if they just have it sitting in the back (along with another package of mine that is also in the shipping void) just because I'm not sure if I should start getting concerned it was lost in the mail or something at this point...

(Not blaming you at all NeoSD, I totally understand all of the mail shizbang that goes down this time of the year + shipping from Europe)

THat's what happened to me indeed. Correos tracking never got updated past "processing" or something like that, and USPS tracking returned "cannot process this trackign from Spain".
I eventually called the Post Office, telling them the tracking and they simply told me it was on hold since days...
My advice is to not let too much time pass and call the post office, as by policy the package will have to be returned to sender after a certain mount of time!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

We are not going to share this info, but even if we would share how many NEOSDs have been sold, this would not make sense at all.

We have decided to invest every single euro back into the next projects. Next project is something big aswel and will require a lot of resources. Resources include work hours, prototyping and other things, you cant quantify all with just money.

You cant think on the NEOSD break even, you have to think on Terraonion (the company that develops NEOSD) break even. So far, we are pretty far from the break even on Terraonion, but we were expecting that, this is part of the bussiness plan.

So resuming, no break even, we are still putting own resources on Terraonion, personal money and work time.

Thanks

I am curious about how many pieces of this nice piece of work are already sold or how many pieces NeoSD needs to get his break-even point ? Maybe the constructor of this fabolous work is so generous to share his stats with us (or maybe a small hint) ;)

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder

::Edit:: Just for more info - Correos shows "Admitido" on 11/21 & "Salida de la Oficina Internacional de origen" on 12/4.
mine was accepted on the 21st, and dispatched from their international office on the 7th.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
neosd, UPS would be an excellent option

international u.s. post office service is incredibly slow