Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Wow so many suckers. Buying emulators and roms. That stuff was supposed to be free. What is wrong with you people.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
If you need to have something like that explained to you so you can actually get it, it's definitely not for you.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Wow so many suckers. Buying emulators and roms. That stuff was supposed to be free. What is wrong with you people.

Roms are Intellectual Property and no, they where never "supposed to be free".

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i'd buy if it were super nintendo but none of the NES games are really worth buying a whole system for. once i get a PSP Go that's where all the NES playing will be done

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I've had a little time to spend with the mini, and I think if I were in charge of the game lineup, to have the broadest appeal, this is what I'd change.

Lose:

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Climber
Super C
Balloon Fight
Galaga

Add:

Contra
Tetris (Nintendo)
Ice Hockey
DuckTales
RC Pro Am
Battletoads

You know...a couple of those really confused me. Super C but not the original Contra?

...and no NES comp is complete without River City Ransom.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I really love the NES version of Galaga. I can't put my finger on why.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Finally got mine in the mail today, but I'm probably not going to try it out until tomorrow. Super stoked, though.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Well one thing I have been chomping at finding out is what are the guts? That breakdown from the Japanese hacker of his code and the cpu id there shows a little. https://gist.github.com/6f70/a083d2d7f5b6a8392764cf819620e036

256MB of memory on there, not what kind of, just the size.
And then the CPU ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)

Seems to be a decent little box that runs Nintendo's own flavor of linux to drive it's emulators and their Japanese page for it has the sourcecode posted as needed.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I like it too. I prefer the arcade but it gets my rocks off pretty much the same.

Who doesn't bust a nut playing Galaga? My current favorite home console version is Galaga 88 for PCE. I feel super underwhelmed by the flashback. I already have all the good games and more that this thing offers on my NES plus it has a BLW so I kinda feel it's pointless for me to scoop one. Maybe I'll get one as a gift or something but I really don't have interest in one for myself.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
lQlhV5C.jpg

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Truth.

One thing I guess I still do not get. Scalpers gonna scalp. They're going to be greedy fucks and that is never going to change. What blows my mind is the suckers willing do drop that much $$ over retail for one. You can ask all you want, it doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to buy.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'd personally like to own one, but I can most certainly wait. Eventually supply will catch up.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Got these as a preorder at bestbuy, picked them up this morning after waiting in line at GameStop to find they only had 9 consoles to sell. I was probably 15th or so in line. Tried going to bestbuy first but they gave out tickets for about 8 consoles so no luck there either. Hope my son likes the controllers minus the system.View attachment 40500

Apparently these don't actually work with the mini?!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/emio_the_edge_joystick_is_incompatible_with_the_nes_mini

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Nope. They're being recalled. It's made by a third party and works with the Wii/Wii U, and I think they assumed it would also work with the Classic. It doesn't.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I wonder why they´re not offering the dogbone controllers with this thing. Those things are amazing.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Nope. They're being recalled. It's made by a third party and works with the Wii/Wii U, and I think they assumed it would also work with the Classic. It doesn't.

Recalled? Ebay flipping opportunity ahoy!!!!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's too bad, stick looks promising 'cause it includes the features that made the advantage a cool stick. I like that it's easy to mod, at least it works with the Wii, good stick for 240p emulation.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I wonder why theyエre not offering the dogbone controllers with this thing. Those things are amazing.

Get ready for the NES Classic Edition II...featuring a mini-non-working top loader and dog bone controllers. Including such classics as: Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels and Donkey Kong 3.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No, no you don't. the video output on a top loader is pure shit.

This is true. The RF on the thing is among the worst I've ever seen from a game system. They're really only useful if you do a video mod to them.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It isn't just the RF, but also the vertical lines.