Start of your Drinking Life

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Nobody starts drinking on craft beers and single malts.

Here are my tipples of choice as a spotty faced shit swipe kid:

tennents-super-can.jpg

125.jpg

A couple of these necked as fast as possible then trying to keep it from coming back up for five minutes and you were away for the night, cue the first drunken fumblings and the best times of your life.

Anyone else remember what their first, invariably drink-to-get-drunk drinks were?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
stevenk said:
Anyone else remember what their first, invariably drink-to-get-drunk drinks were?

Bacardi 151, because it was strong and cheap.

StevenK

10 Year Member
I remember this shit when I was in blighty, had a very high alcohol content from what I can remember? Perfect for the broke back packer or hobo.

9% goodness, tasted like bitter treacle, made your hair stand on end with each mouthful. The original scotch broth.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I used to drink half a bottle of this shit and then try and snog bitches on the dance floor!

galiano-black-sambuca.jpg

If I had even a drop of that now I would vomit. Blech!!

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
I'm no longer a drinking man, but for 10 years I got by on either Heineken or rum and coke.

StevenK

10 Year Member
My early teen weekends went something like this:

Go to shop and buy cigarettes with fake ID
Go to another shop and get refused for alcohol with fake ID because it was just so implausible that we were actually 18
Stand around outside shop and ask adults to take pity and buy some booze for us if we gave them the cash
Go to a park or public place, stand around in the dark and get drunk
Finger as many local slut as possible, preferably over a tombstone or something equally thoughtless
Smoke a joint
Go green and vomit out of sight of said sluts
Run home to make curfew while eating half a pack of wrigleys
Get asked by parents if I've been drinking creme de menthe
Rinse, repeat

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
My early teen weekends went something like this:

Go to shop and buy cigarettes with fake ID
Go to another shop and get refused for alcohol with fake ID because it was just so implausible that we were actually 18
Stand around outside shop and ask adults to take pity and buy some booze for us if we gave them the cash
Go to a park or public place, stand around in the dark and get drunk
Finger as many local slut as possible, preferably over a tombstone or something equally thoughtless
Smoke a joint
Go green and vomit out of sight of said sluts
Run home to make curfew while eating half a pack of wrigleys
Get asked by parents if I've been drinking creme de menthe
Rinse, repeat

Cool. Were your grades good?

I remember when I was in high school my friend's dad was a corrections officer or something similar and he had his "cop" uniform hanging out in the living room.

We (just me probably) tried to convince our oldest looking friend to put it on and go to the liquor store. He came close but didn't do it.

Laughing at our 16 year buddy getting busted at the liquor store in a police uniform would have been way more valuable than the booze.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
As Pollux said, I don't drink any more either, but back in the day, I couldn't stand beer so it was only Jack Daniels. The only reason I could afford it was from the take I got from live shows with the band.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Cool. Were your grades good?

I remember when I was in high school my friend's dad was a corrections officer or something similar and he had his "cop" uniform hanging out in the living room.

We (just me probably) tried to convince our oldest looking friend to put it on and go to the liquor store. He came close but didn't do it.

Laughing at our 16 year buddy getting busted at the liquor store in a police uniform would have been way more valuable than the booze.

No, they were not :(

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
05f8db10344c80c47455f6becb248b4a.jpg1_123125_2152319_2180454_2204595_081126_drink_zima.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
it tasted better, and having something to share never hurt.
yeah we were getting 'thirsty' too.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The pubs and off-licenses near me in one of the few posh parts of Leeds paid no regard to age restrictions.

As a result, me and my mates could down endless pints of Tetley's and Strongbow as long as one of us looked vaguely old enough.

I remember the first time I got shitfaced on cider. Stumbled home and puked everywhere then tried to vacuum it up with my mum's Hoover. The thing never quite smelt right after that but being from Yorkshire we were too tight to get another one for at least a couple of years.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
We'd always spend money on Boone's and Zima for the girls. My friends and I usually got a 2-Liter of Mtn. Dew and a 1.75 of Silverwolf Vodka ($4 / liter, $6.50 for the 1.75 ---- it was THAT good). If it was beer we'd play football w/OE 800 40's, or shotgun comp w/Natty Ice or IceHouse. Most of my drinking ended with me lying in piss, puke, jail, or a combination of the 3. I've been sober 7+ years now.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Southpaw because you could get a 12 pak for $6

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
First drink in college and the beer of choice until I finished undergrad. I guess I had expensive taste in beer. I always had to BYOB to parties. Bass Ale and Harp were my backups.

promo-alt.jpg

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I can't remember what it was in college - Hardcore Hard Cider I think? It doesn't matter, because my man-child elderly ass is going to get the type-II beetus by 2020 with all the pop that I drink.