Start of your Drinking Life

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
To let you know if you care I don't drink anymore, except coffee, tea and Vanilla Coke.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
md2020-1080x538.jpg

high school drinking is so manly. Cheap fruit bullshit.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
We used to all bring whatever liquor we could come up with and put it in a giant bowl with Hawaiian Punch. That shit overpowers pretty much anything. There'd be all sorts of cheapass vodka and whiskey in there but you couldn't taste it.

Lots of very red puke though. That was middle school. In high school it was cheap shitty beer like PBR, but I didn't drink as much then. I'm more of a whiskey kind of guy these days.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
In Highschool, pretty much bought whatever was cheapest. Usually cheap gross vodka, maybe some Captain Morgan from time to time. Beer and 40oz malt liquor was a usual was well. Every once and a while someone would pull out a bottle of Bacardi 151, god damn is that shit gross.

Now days I drink Rum almost never, Vodka slightly more than Rum. Malt liquor and 151 will probably never happen.... maybe a Mickeys grenade or two.

Pretty much stick to beer, whiskey, and the occasional shots of tequila, oh and goldschlager too.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
What I don't get is who actually drinks all this horrible shit? Are they just relying on underage kids? No adult I know would go out and buy some colourful cheap sweet shit and actually drink it.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member

Oh man, Bud Ice was my first introduction to getting drunk. Friend had a dad who was kind of an alcoholic, and didn't care if we got drunk. As long as we stayed in, and he always had Bud Ice in the fridge. Honorable mention for Red Dog, and Natural Ice. I drank a shit-ton of each in my teen years.

Don't really drink much these days, other than the occasional glass of wine/mead.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I started off drinking Victoria Bitter and any bourbon/coke pre-mix cans at 13.

127.jpg

Though at that age it was once a year at Christmas! As the years rolled on and I was legal drinking age (18) started drinking Smirnoff Vodka with various mixers. Hell I used to be throwing my guts up a lot, long gone are those days. whew.

Nowadays I really don't like sweet alcoholic beverages. Give me beer, whisky on ice or wine. I usually rotate between the three over a year.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Anyone else remember what their first, invariably drink-to-get-drunk drinks were?

carlingblacklabelbottles.jpg

This is the first forty I drank, it tasted horrible and still does lol.

I was 14 and shared it with a Haitian and a Native kid.

My get fucked up drunk on a budget was a forty Vodka Ice (an artificial vodka lemonade) and a forty of colt 45. Though we would be two on this and alternate sipping.

Then at 17 I got employed at an Italian grocery store and graduated to homemade wine and grappa.
This old paysano would make fire water in his basement and sell 1 liter bottles for 10$, a cup of that was enough to fuck you up. The buzz is great but it always gives me diarrhea for some reason.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
carlingblacklabelbottles.jpg

This is the first forty I drank, it tasted horrible and still does lol.

I was 14 and shared it with a Haitian and a Native kid.

My get fucked up drunk on a budget was a forty Vodka Ice (an artificial vodka lemonade) and a forty of colt 45. Though we would be two on this and alternate sipping.

Then at 17 I got employed at an Italian grocery store and graduated to homemade wine and grappa.
This old paysano would make fire water in his basement and sell 1 liter bottles for 10$, a cup of that was enough to fuck you up. The buzz is great but it always gives me diarrhea for some reason.

Nice - looks like the kind of stuff to fuck you up. I didn't realise Carling was Canadian, I thought it was British. Shows what I know.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Nice - looks like the kind of stuff to fuck you up. I didn't realise Carling was Canadian, I thought it was British. Shows what I know.

Well I can also tell you that Canada has some stronger beers than the States, but the states have way more variety and pay less.

Whenever I visit, I have fun buying their cheap beers, shit like rolling rock is exotic to me. :lolz:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I haven't had so much as a drop of alcohol in over a decade, but, when I did (sporadically) drink in my younger days, I used to buy the cheapest shit I could get, which was usually 5 O'clock Vodka, and, man, was it ever terrible (the last bottle I bought I think I only drank like a third of it and poured the rest down the drain). Alcohol in general just tastes horrible to me, no matter what kind it is (I've tried beer, wine, whiskey, gin, scotch, etc.), or what you mix it with.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
So many teetotalers on here. Are we talking recovering alcoholics or just people who don't really like drink?

P.s. M, when it comes to taste it's something that you provisionally just tolerate but then learn to enjoy it, because it's good for you, like broccoli for instance.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I gave alcohol a fair chance, but it honestly never started to taste any better for me no matter how much I drank or what I paired it with. My brother and other drinking buddies would mix me up drinks (fruit juice, pop, etc.), swear to me that you couldn't taste the alcohol anymore and that it was "candy", but I could still always taste it strongly. Maybe I just have hyper-sensitive taste buds or something, I don't know.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Started out with 40s of colt 45 and bottles of boones farm.

Still love colt 45 to this day

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
First time being drunk I was in 9 mile Detroit.

I had some Cisco and a tall can of 8 ball.

Cisco is nicknamed liquid crack:

cisco_flavors.jpg

and a tall can of Old English 800 (nicknamed 8 ball):

4pkcOldEnglish800_16oz.jpg

I remember walking around the neighborhood with a guy from the block and some girl shouting at us to get the fuck out of the hood. The guy next to me had his knife ready. I was 15. Awesome.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Boon's farm was a good one. Cheap and easily shared amongst the group. Milwaukee's best and Ice House were generally the beers. Whoever put up the pic of Mad Dog 20/20 brought back some GD memories. Holy Shit!!!

Summer of '98 that was the drank!

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Whatever beer was cheapest to get, usually:
w009273_alko.jpg

or
karjala.jpg

Cheap Vodka like Koskenkorva mixed with Sprite was also a good choice, although getting it required more effort since one had to get someone of age to buy it for you from the liquor store. Beer we could get from a local gas station whose staff didn't ask for id although they probably knew we were 16.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Bud light on the beach on Guam at night.
I was the tallest out of the group so I bought the beer.
Think I was 16 at the time.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I went to college in the mid to late 90s, it was MD 20/20, some Boone's Farm, Icehouse, Red Dog (is that even made anymore?), Natty Light, Busch Light...whatever kegs were at whatever parties you went to. I remember when we would buy Absolut and think we were drinking the high end shit.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

That is my late teens right there. And add a bunch of these too:

oe_800_40oz__large.jpg

Boon's farm was a good one. Cheap and easily shared amongst the group. Milwaukee's best and Ice House were generally the beers. Whoever put up the pic of Mad Dog 20/20 brought back some GD memories. Holy Shit!!!

Summer of '98 that was the drank!

Didn't have fond memories of Boone's. The times I had it I hogged a whole bottle for myself and still didn't get drunk.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Oh man, who could forget After Shock? What a terrible high school drink.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
just want to post something I like even if its wrong.

lime vodka slush. made with koolaid or is it juice?
I'll have to ask mom.