World Cup 2014 BRASIL

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Granddad was from the UK and was in the RAF. But you are right that it wasn't relevant.

Anyway I'm now rooting for a 1-0 Portugal victory.

Of course you are but with the way Portugal is playing I wouldn't count on it. Handle your biz against Germany and you'll be fine. All you have to do is draw.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
This is a world cup thread so if you wanna talk about your grandad/germany/ww2/etc just make a "myopic jingoism" thread in unrelated and cry about it there.

And instead of taking the piss out of an entire nation of people who never met your grandad (in an unrelated thread), you should be praising their god like restraint for even putting up with him for 3 years.

PS: If your grandad showed up in MY shithole part of europe holding a rifle, looking to shoot/rape up the place... he'd see a LOT less hospitality from his captors... I'd promise you that much.
My grandad would come down from the mountains, sneak up on your grandad with an axe (while he was shitting behind a tree) and split his fucking skull like a ripe melon before his crew gunned down the rest of your grandads compatriots with potshots behind shrubs and rocks.

So thank Germany for keeping your grandad alive for you, and thank Neo-Geo.com for not making me a mod because if I WAS a mod I would:

-change your name to "Captain Freedom",
-turn your avatar into a grotesque Iraqi stillborn that was mutated from Americas liberal use of DU shelling in Fallujah
-turn your sig picture into this.
-and I'd lock you out of this fucking thread (and the rest of the football forum as well) so I don't have to know about your bullshit Murkan martyrdom complex while you come in here expecting a pat on the back.

Twat.

What a post. Gotta love the Abu Ghraib pic for the sig. I don't literally mean love of course.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
This is a world cup thread so if you wanna talk about your grandad/germany/ww2/etc just make a "myopic jingoism" thread in unrelated and cry about it there.

The more I think about it this post is spot on. I am an idiot and I deserve a solid HMGing for derailing a great thread.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Oops...well, thats a tad different, but my point still stands. We cool, though.

Good luck to Macedonia in Euro qualifying. Hope you get some good results. Pandev is a hell of a player.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This nick dude probably sits at his computer wearing HentaiSama as a cape, and Sylvie's head as a fancy mitre

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Dude, stop. Pandev looks like a Ukrainian serial rapist, and has never played for a respectable team.

I have to agree on the serial rapist part. That dude looks like an hungry sexy devourer.

As for the "respectable" team... well... he did well in Inter.
Being European Champion isn't for anyone. Inter deserves more respect than that ;)

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
This nick dude probably sits at his computer wearing HentaiSama as a cape, and Sylvie's head as a fancy mitre

Recent pic of me:

C_3_Media_1324946_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have to agree on the serial rapist part. That dude looks like an hungry sexy devourer.

As for the "respectable" team... well... he did well in Inter.
Being European Champion isn't for anyone. Inter deserves more respect than that ;)

No dude, Inter is never respectable. Crap team that cheated the Serie A, created a fake scandal, and forced fire sale from Juve. Fuck Inter, and the vampire Moratti.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Playing with an injury during a WC is not doing your teammates any favour. Makes you wonder why his coach let him play.

This is the worst Portuguese coach today.Ok, maybe the second worst. Also, all the preparation for the WC, physical and players chosen is a joke. The nation is in shock i hope the Portuguese media keep giving the shit to the Portuguese Football Federation. Responsibility lies on them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bento sucks. He is no better than Queiroz, who Portugal had to come up with a silly fake scandal in order to void out of contract.

Yet Queiroz was not terrible at all. Maybe a pragmatist. His transformation of Iran into a decent side is noteworthy. While some people claimed Iran played with 11 behind the ball, that was not true. They did play defensively against Argentina, but 90% of teams would do the same, including Germany, with a 4-2-3-1. He was sacked for not generating offense, but mostly for losing to Spain, as Spain went on to win the tournament in 2010. Silly really.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Really hope Mexico can get past the Netherlands. It won't be easy.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Damn it, we should play Brazil instead of Mexico. Mexicwn goalie is on fire.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Really hope Mexico can get past the Netherlands. It won't be easy.

Mexico has the look of a team destined for the semi-finals. The build up on that Guardado goal was sweet. Still astounding that they came in fourth in CONCACAF given their talent.

One thing is for sure, more World Cups are needed in the western hemisphere.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No. Sepp Blatter needs to be neutralized, and the World Cup in Qatar needs to be removed (alcohol ban as a reason, allahu akbar as another). Set upcoming World Cup in former Yugoslavia states, with final match in Zagreb. Make the World Cup about generating good will, not about fraud, corruption, and pedophilia.

Further, any country that hosts the World Cup cannot partake. Host benefits are a joke.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Blatter has already announced his candidacy for the FIFA prez elections in 2015.

I wonder how high the bribes will be this time. In his book How They Stole the Game, British author David Yallop says that Blatter paid $50k to everyone who would vote for him, apparently no less than 22 people did. Blatter went to court and obtained an order which prevented Yallop to publish his book in Switzerland (but not elsewhere).

Blatter is a corrupt piece of crap but it's not that the other FIFA guys would be angels, the whole system is rotten to the core.

I mean, a WC in Qatar? Please. Not that a WC in Russia would be any better (see the Winter Olympic games in Soči) but at least the weather there is more agreeable and you can drink beer while sitting in the stadium. A WC without alc is a joke, fuck that religious rules bullshit.

I have to disagree about the host not being allowed to take part in the WC, though. They just shouldn't give them any benefits.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Imagine if France didn't host the World Cup in '98. Perhaps a Brazil Holland final.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Imagine if France didn't host the World Cup in '98. Perhaps a Brazil Holland final.

Well, the discussion surrounding the benefits for the host of a World Cup is as old as the World Cup itself. Officially, the benefits are there to make the WC interesting for the people of the host country as they usually make up 70% of the crowd in the stadiums. Without a little help, matches might take place in half-empty stadiums, at least that seems to be FIFA's reasoning here. I don't agree with that but I also don't think that the host bonus really leads to imbalance.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Is the no alc rule definitely in place for Qatar? I don't know how conservative the country is compared with places like Abu Dhabi, who have alcohol at the Grand Prix. It shouldn't be there anyway.

Football tournaments should only be held in countries where football is big enough. And has soul. I wouldn't even hold a world cup in the US.