Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
38977568.jpg

¡Jajajajaja!

Jago Sr.'s REVENGE mofos!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The other theory I had, assuming the games were actually REAL, is that David got them from Ray somehow and just made up the backstory about them. It was rumored that 10+ years ago Ray bought John Barone's old collection from SNK USA. If Ray was sitting on these titles for a "rainy day" so to speak, but selling off the remainder of his collection (He did sell many legit big ticket items back in the day), that would explain why David was left with just these rarities, but no other rare "released" games like Slug 1, NTM, etc.

This is all pure speculation.

Heh, I never knew that... or at least I never heard the rumour before, although I did always wonder what happened to all the carts that were in that picture of John Barone in his office, and what happened to all SNK USA's inventory when they closed down. Obviously neither NGF nor Shawn benefited from that, as, to the best of my knowledge, neither has ever stated they cleared out SNK USA... doubt they'd have dealt with Dion anyway, and Shawn got started off the back of NGF stock if I recall correctly (leading to the infamous "black book" postings of back in the day).

SSS

neo retired
So, it would appear that Shawn has got back into bed with Ray Young (or his minions) again...in one capacity or the other.

Well Shawn himself said back during the AF3 fiasco was that his of his opinion "David" was !arcade! 2.0

Obviously he is comfortable with this , and shouldn't come as a surprise

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Well Shawn himself said back during the AF3 fiasco was that his of his opinion "David" was !arcade! 2.0

exactly

how is anyone so shocked that Shawn, the businessman/proprietor of this site, is selling !Arcade! products, again.

heres another shocker:

Spoiler:
AF3 was fake

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

I thought that comment was more of an off the cuff "yeah he is like arcade 2.0" like comment rather than him knowing for sure that he is dealing with the same group.

After all, doesn't Ray Young/!Arcade! still owe Shawn a large order or his money back?

That totally sounds like someone you would knowingly jump back into business with again.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Summer solstice today, this is gonna be a long day...literally.
I hope someone saved those facebook pages.

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
Not saying this is even remotely the case, but I feel like nobody has even brought up this possibility:

What if Tonk knew this stuff all along and is just throwing DavidG/JYoung under the bus to save face? Unless I'm missing something, that's still totally a possibility right?

Ok devils advocate part over - I hope DavidG has to answer for the toxic shit he has done.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Not saying this is even remotely the case, but I feel like nobody has even brought up this possibility:

What if Tonk knew this stuff all along and is just throwing DavidG/JYoung under the bus to save face? Unless I'm missing something, that's still totally a possibility right?

Ok devils advocate part over - I hope DavidG has to answer for the toxic shit he has done.

Yeah, you're missing a LOT.

this isn't $50 and a he said she said.

da66en

Zero's Secretary
Yeah, you're missing a LOT.

this isn't $50 and a he said she said.

Unfortunately it is a he said she said situation. There will never be any resolution, every member in the parties involved will fall back onto their "it's not my responsibility to prove myself" line.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Unfortunately it is a he said she said situation. There will never be any resolution, every member in the parties involved will fall back onto their "it's not my responsibility to prove myself" line.

Well, I'm glad I came back and proved myself.

I needed closure.

Plus, I do care what some of the people here think of me and they knew I'd never go out like a punk.

I had my innocence to prove.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
This is some great revelation? Wow, welcome to day one.

NGF said from the first second that AF3 was 100% fake.

NGF said from DAY ONE that "DavidG" was not this persons real name.

Now everyone is so surprised? I told mike the game was fake, this guy was a fraud, and to avoid everything to do with this game and this deal.

btw - NGF acquired all stock in our SNK Japan liquidation. This included everything in Japan, the US, and most of Brazil and the middle east. Every picture in SNK USA office photo from the magazine was sold through NGF.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
This is some great revelation? Wow, welcome to day one.

NGF said from the first second that AF3 was 100% fake.

NGF said from DAY ONE that "DavidG" was not this persons real name.

Now everyone is so surprised? I told mike the game was fake, this guy was a fraud, and to avoid everything to do with this game and this deal.

btw - NGF acquired all stock in our SNK Japan liquidation. This included everything in Japan, the US, and most of Brazil and the middle east. Every picture in SNK USA office photo from the magazine was sold through NGF.

If you have nothing to contribute outside of "I told you so", expect to be locked in the war room until you can behave like a big kid.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
If you have nothing to contribute outside of "I told you so", expect to be locked in the war room until you can behave like a big kid.

Outside of it being relevant that this entire thing could have been prevented from the beginning, I think maybe it will be a valuable lesson for the future.

I also addressed a question about where SNK USA stock went after they went under.

The other thing I wanted to mention is, if you refer to the original thread, you were one of the loudest and most adamant "davidg" supporters. It seems you know about as much about the neo geo as you claim to know about art.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Just to clarify. Did you just realize that David G is Jason Young or have you known it for some time and are just now divulging it?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Just to clarify. Did you just realize that David G is Jason Young or have you known it for some time and are just now divulging it?

Last night.

A member and I pieced it together.

If I didn't have that email, none of this would have happened.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
David? Jason? Judith? Ray?

What's going on?

Kenny sold you MVS carts with good artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.