New DavidG special - Jockey GP

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
my mrs. says we shouldnt be so mean to the frog. She reckons he has no friends and is lonely because of his smuckish attitude...

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
If it isn't fine art, why is the tintin statue on display at the NY Met then?

tintin.jpg

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I'm still sitting here, amazed, that some absolute boob paid 6 figures for a fucking toy statue because some author owned it before him.

...and spends hours here attempting to justify his purchase on the people he holds such contempt for.

Poor chamane. He's trying to fill the giant hole in his heart with trivial objects and the approval of people he views as beneath him.

Same can be said about so many super collectors and really wealthy people. Fuck turn on Bravo and you'll see it show after show.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
That's absolutely correct, I'd never be able to shell out tens of thousands of bucks for... ...uhm, just about anything. I could pay all my bills for more than two years from the money you have spent to buy your Tintin figure.

The thing is though, high-q fakes and garbage like this JGP boot exist because people like you fall for them all the time. It just seems to take a bit of building up of a legend and an ultra-high price tag to make the likes of you flock to buy something without thinking twice about its authenticity, real value or content. Sure, the whatever-thousands of Dollars you've spend for AF3 may not be a problem for you because you obviously have enough money to decorate your house with, but you know as good as I that lots of money attracts lots of crooks and forgers.

This is the problem I have with wealthy high-profile collectors like you, you guys flock into a market and leave scorched earth behind. By then, most of you already have what they wanted and couldn't care less if the hiqh-q faking community you helped to create ruins the rest of the scene you've never really been a part of.

I wish that you and other members of the exclusive club of super collectors would wake up and realize what you're doing with your unlimited spending of insane amounts of money for a bit of silicone, plastic and paper of unclear origin and authenticity. You're not doing us mere mortals a favor with it, that's for sure. On the contrary, every new drama like the PSII/AF3 bullshit makes things more difficult, and not only for homecart system owners I might add, it's something that concerns all of us, or at least it should if we take the community thing serious.

So who is to blame for the 161 rom cart being sold in the Neostore?

Seriously...What a freaking way to defile the Neo-Geo and it is being sold on Neo-Geo.com no less.

I guess it is more worthwhile to go after wealthy members spending habits or find the next quirky member with aspergers and pick him apart rather than seriously look at what this site has become.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
So who is to blame for the 161 rom cart being sold in the Neostore?

Seriously...What a freaking way to defile the Neo-Geo and it is being sold on Neo-Geo.com no less.

I guess it is more worthwhile to go after wealthy members spending habits or find the next quirky member with aspergers and pick him apart rather than seriously look at what this site has become.

This practice is no different that someone retailing reproduction games through their store. The only difference is that there are 161 of them per cart/media instead of one. Neither is likely licensed and violates copyright laws.

Additionally, this site is a shark tank and rarely is it a dogpile for its own sake. It's hard to remember anyone who has been run off without a good reason. I can think of a few, but a good percentage had it coming eventually. I'm not saying EVERYONE, but it's a majority.

In fact, I'd say this site takes more than its fair share of grief from members for its policies, associated retail arm and administration. Shawn *doesn't* have to put up with the shit and I've disagreed with him over the years on quite a few things. Regardless, there is a VERY lax moderation policy in place and you'd be hard pressed to find a site run by someone that would allow the members to criticize the owner to the extent Shawn allows.

25% markup? Yes.. but it helps keep this place going. Hosting isn't cheap. We take this for granted.

We're past the point of new material or retail sales direct from manufacturer on this site. IT'S THE WAY THE RETRO GAMING MARKET GOES. Think Atari would've approved of everything those guys STILL DO? Atari was a licensing nazi.

The difference between all of those other "scenes" and ours is simple and silly:

We quite simply are the highest paying, most arrogant and elitist collecting scene in the market. In fact, this community actually thinks WE ARE ABOVE ALL THIS. This only highlights this arrogance.

Repros and Hacks are part of the retro gaming lifecycle. Our bubble market just hasn't burst (yet.)

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
If it isn't fine art, why is the tintin statue on display at the NY Met then?

tintin.jpg

If you'd like to go over a list of questionable decisions by the board of the NY Met, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Shawn

snkusa.com
That’s impressive that this particular vase/statue is found in the Metropolitan Museum of Art of NYC. Obviously, only one of us would pay $120k for it, but if I could have anything on display in that case for free, I’d opt for the tintin statue. Next would be the helms. The old pottery, meh, those belong in a museum.

This reminds me; a consultant editor for the Guinness World Records emailed me yesterday about the $55k Euro U11 & Kizuna sale.

For one of our potential records, I'm looking to confirm that you sold Ultimate 11 and Kizuma Encounter in September 2009 for $55,000. We believe Ultimate 11 to be the most expensive football game in history.

I gave them all the info I could on the subject. Neo-Geo home carts should be showing up in Guinness soon!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That’s impressive that this particular vase/statue is found in the Metropolitan Museum of Art of NYC. Obviously, only one of us would pay $120k for it, but if I could have anything on display in that case for free, I’d opt for the tintin statue. Next would be the helms. The old pottery, meh, those belong in a museum.

hahahahahaha

yes, and it's in the Greek antiquity section too!

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I have to admit I had a good laugh at that picture. Good shop work there.

Also I hope there is some kind of record for most expensive bootleg video game.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
That's absolutely correct, I'd never be able to shell out tens of thousands of bucks for... ...uhm, just about anything. I could pay all my bills for more than two years from the money you have spent to buy your Tintin figure.

The thing is though, high-q fakes and garbage like this JGP boot exist because people like you fall for them all the time. It just seems to take a bit of building up of a legend and an ultra-high price tag to make the likes of you flock to buy something without thinking twice about its authenticity, real value or content. Sure, the whatever-thousands of Dollars you've spend for AF3 may not be a problem for you because you obviously have enough money to decorate your house with, but you know as good as I that lots of money attracts lots of crooks and forgers.

This is the problem I have with wealthy high-profile collectors like you, you guys flock into a market and leave scorched earth behind. By then, most of you already have what they wanted and couldn't care less if the hiqh-q faking community you helped to create ruins the rest of the scene you've never really been a part of.

I wish that you and other members of the exclusive club of super collectors would wake up and realize what you're doing with your unlimited spending of insane amounts of money for a bit of silicone, plastic and paper of unclear origin and authenticity. You're not doing us mere mortals a favor with it, that's for sure. On the contrary, every new drama like the PSII/AF3 bullshit makes things more difficult, and not only for homecart system owners I might add, it's something that concerns all of us, or at least it should if we take the community thing serious.

Great post. It does go without saying that those with more money can invest more (gamble more if you want to call it that) and therefore can turn greater profits. In that regard, good for them. On the other hand it also means that there is a greater chance that they are buying fakes, money does not equate knowledge. What bothered me with the whole refund issue is Chamane knowingly gambled on an item, and then wanted his entry fee back as well. I feel bad for him getting fucked out of the money, that does suck as no one deserves to be scammed, but I don't see where TonK wasn't up front about the matter. He said you don't the 5k back, so you don't. How is anyone then entitled to get their money back? Chamane's plea to have the money donated doesn't even seem genuine, but more of a "If I can't have my money, then TonK shouldn't either." There is nothing well spirited about it. That 5k would have NEVER gone to charity other wise. Think about it.

I also don't get how that statue is worth 120k, but fuck whatever if that's your MO go nuts.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Great post. It does go without saying that those with more money can invest more (gamble more if you want to call it that) and therefore can turn greater profits. In that regard, good for them. On the other hand it also means that there is a greater chance that they are buying fakes, money does not equate knowledge. What bothered me with the whole refund issue is Chamane knowingly gambled on an item, and then wanted his entry fee back as well. I feel bad for him getting fucked out of the money, that does suck as no one deserves to be scammed, but I don't see where TonK wasn't up front about the matter. He said you don't the 5k back, so you don't. How is anyone then entitled to get their money back? Chamane's plea to have the money donated doesn't even seem genuine, but more of a "If I can't have my money, then TonK shouldn't either." There is nothing well spirited about it. That 5k would have NEVER gone to charity other wise. Think about it.

I also don't get how that statue is worth 120k, but fuck whatever if that's your MO go nuts.

I can understand that. Though, it only makes sense if Tonk was really acting in good faith and not a part of the scam. I personally think he was in on it.

Also, it seems funny to go about it such as.. here is all this information backing this up as being the real deal.. but it could be fake. I'm giving you a whole bunch of stuff that may be bullshit, but I don't know. Being up front about it that it could be fake, makes no sense when you are working to provide information that it is legit.

So once again.. "Here is all this information that makes this look like it is real, though remember it could still be fake and I'm just the middle man getting 5k out of this, but only if you buy it, so here is everthing I know that to me makes this seem like the real thing, even though it may not be, oh and I'm getting my middle man fee from you not from the person I'm actually selling it for."

Just seems like bs to me, that anyone with any morals, ethics, or Conscience, would never attempt to conduct business in such a fashion and then follow up with when things have long gone bad, try and say they were sorry and would make things right if it could be done without any effort on their part and try to blame their actions on others, while being upset that there were Consequences to their own actions.

I'm not saying that the buyer has any right to a refund. Just that if Tonk were a person of any worth, that having played a part in such a thing, even if he were unknowing and not actually in on the scam, then the thing to do would be to try and make right the matter.

Rather I submit that the whole thing was planned out to be a long term money making venture.

It went bad and DavidG hung his partner in crime out to dry. Tonk, tries to salvage his rep and come back by vilifying everyone who does not believe or agree with him and rolls over on DavidG as much as he can without letting it out it was a scam the whole time and he was in on it. After such he then gets more pissed off at Shawn, who is now DavidG's new partner, because he is now making the cash that should have been in Tonks pocket for his work of being the trusted face and reputable member brokering the sale of rare newly discovered carts (boots) to collectors with money to burn.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
This question is for Shawn. Does David still claim AF3 and PS2 to be real?

- David made over 6 figures on AF3 and PS2.

- David supposedly let some members see his tax documents and a letter from SunSoft claiming that his Waku7 US was real.

- David made out like a bandit, and still is because some of you are STILL worried about me, even though I've all but cleared my name.

Do you guys REALLY want me to pay Chamane $5k?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
in Zimbabwe currency, sure.

What's that? $10? What's his PayPal?

After the posts wasabi, falk, Eddie and others made, I hope you can forgive my ego.

And as far as spending sprees and all that - sure, the money I made was a good chunk - I worked for it and it was decided by David what to give me. But I'm not about to give it back to some butthurt French piece of shit that keeps dangling that shit over the community.

I really didn't do anything wrong, and I never lied. I never scammed anyone nor was I knowingly part of any scam.

I've never stolen from anyone, and that stands true today. I'll NEVER rip anyone off on this site. In 12 years I've grown some deep roots - too many people know me personally and they know I'll never do anything to wrong any of you.

It was unfortunate that this shit happened. But I'm walking with my cut. If you hate me for that, it's on you.

I'll NEVER refund anyone for these deals. You want money? Talk to David.

If I was part of a scam, I'm sure David can post some kind of correspondence or something - there's always a trail of evidence if someone else was involved.

Yes, some of the buyers have written these games off as fake, some think they are real. I really don't know for sure.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Do you guys REALLY want me to pay Chamane $5k?

I think if you paid back chamane (and anyone else who requests a refund) it would do a lot of good to clear your name. Go mow some lawns on the weekend or something for a month or two if you have to, just do it.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
even though I've all but cleared my name.

When, and how was this? I must have missed it but if its the case I would like to see as I would be happy to be wrong.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
And Spoon.

I was talking to a member the other day, your post came up in conversation.

I honestly can't believe you would think that about me.

I'm shocked to say the least.

I make good money. Real good money. Not enough to buy a $120k statue, but I'm happy.

Money I made sits somewhere safe. I haven't spent a penny of it.

But how is it my responsibility to pay people back who took a gamble?

Only person who asked for anything was Chamane.

That should tell you all something.

BTW, did any of you get that fake email from Waseem today?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I think if you paid back chamane (and anyone else who requests a refund) it would do a lot of good to clear your name. Go mow some lawns on the weekend or something for a month or two if you have to, just do it.

No.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
When, and how was this? I must have missed it but if its the case I would like to see as I would be happy to be wrong.

You must be very happy, because you've been wrong this entire thread.

I cleared my name with people who matter. You don't.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
You must be very happy, because you've been wrong this entire thread.

I cleared my name with people who matter. You don't.

Thanks for proving my point for me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

but why? The only person who demanded money from Tonk was Chamane - but for what though? For Tonk's trip to Pittsburgh to meet waku7 for the game to be inspected? Tonk was given many assurances from David that he worked for SNK, and that the game was the real deal. Even chamane didn't question this fully until PS2 was released. Most of the buyers were perfectly content to believe in the hype before that. How does Tonk carry high scrutiny? Tonk offered a service and came through on his part. Forcing him to pay back his fee would be like forcing the airline to refund the cost of waku7's ticket. It's not like Tonk twisted anyone's arm to sell the game.