Post Your Recent Purchases!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Been on my most wanted list since I got back into MVS and finally found a nice one for a good price on EBay of all places:
IMG_0443.jpg

X > 2

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Been on my most wanted list since I got back into MVS and finally found a nice one for a good price on EBay of all places:
IMG_0443.jpg

X > 2

That was actually my first mvs game when I got my converter. I did get all the Slugs.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Growing up a friend's mom (super religious) led a group of nutjobs who were totally against the Garbage Pail Kids cards. It seemed dumb at the time and now in retrospect, a colossal waste of time. I bought some other artwork off the guy who drew most of those and he's a pretty cool guy.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Still remember watching that movie as a kid. The cards had some really unique artwork.

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
Picked up some stuff from a shop near me. Paid a little more than I'd like but I generally like supporting smaller local stuff. Now I just need to wait for Rhea orders to open.

v3bhDc3.jpg

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Picked up some stuff from a shop near me. Paid a little more than I'd like but I generally like supporting smaller local stuff. Now I just need to wait for Rhea orders to open.

You sure it needs a Rhea and not a Phoebe? Make sure you check under that blouse before you order....

NINJA EDIT: bc there was some overlap of mobos between Model 1 and Model 2's

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
You sure it needs a Rhea and not a Phoebe? Make sure you check under that blouse before you order....

NINJA EDIT: bc there was some overlap of mobos between Model 1 and Model 2's

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't really looked into it a ton yet since I haven't had a Saturn. All I really knew going is was Model 1 was preferable and they had a model 1 so I grabbed it :P. It was $60, which I don't think is too bad for a working Saturn.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Nah, the prices for Saturn hardware seems to have gone up a bit. $60 retail for a clean unit is good.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Is the price any different if it has round vs oval buttons or is that just preference?

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
Nah, the prices for Saturn hardware seems to have gone up a bit. $60 retail for a clean unit is good.

Now that I'm looking at games it seems like prices are pretty high for most of them. Maybe I'll just rock a modchip in it until I can get a Rhea/Phoebe

Is the price any different if it has round vs oval buttons or is that just preference?

Oval is model 1 and round is model 2. Supposedly model 1 has slightly better visuals? Then there are a bunch of other minor hardware revisions I don't know much about yet.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

Iirc the oval ones have a 21 pin ribbon while the round have a 20 pin. It matters so you get the right modchip.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Oval is model 1 and round is model 2. Supposedly model 1 has slightly better visuals? Then there are a bunch of other minor hardware revisions I don't know much about yet.

Visuals are equal between models. Model 1s have longer load times.