What is your guilty pleasure Neo Geo game?

Dunk Dream is actually a fairly good game. It's not as good as NBA Jam, but it's better than a lot of the early Neo games.
The only Neo-Geo game I have that I think is bad is Double Dragon, and I don't even care for that game much. It's neat every now and then, but there are SO MANY fighters on Neo-Geo that I'd just rather play one of the others.

I know that NAM-1975 isn't universally loved, though, but I absolutely adore that game. It's my only AES game so far, and while I suck at it, I love the crap out of it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury 1. Its hilariously dated and plays stiff as a board, but it hits me right in the retro feels and I still play it from time to time. There's something inherently satisfying about playing a game that "started it all" and its flaws give it charm.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
King of the Monsters is the only game I have that I don't think is very good, now that I've traded away Gururin. I have fun playing KOTM anyway, though.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I love Ninja Commando, the button hammering gets slightly tedious after a while, though. Good ol' Commando-style vertical-scrolling shooter.

You shouldn't be button hammering at all if you're playing it properly with heavy command move use.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
PS2 HRAP Arcade Stick with auto via PS2-Neo adaptor Tak, eh? ;)

I imagine the same will apply for Blazing Star too, as that employs the same bash harder to hit harder strategy...

Auto-fire in Ninja Commando is useless.

For example, with Joe 90 % of attacks should be a charge :down::up::A:. 10% of the time you can use qcf or qcb :A:. You can also buffer the qcf into the charge :down::up::A: and both attacks will come out.

Good luck playing that game with just the regular shot, auto or not.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I'm going to say Ninja Combat. I find myself always popping this one in. There is something about this game that just keeps me coming back to it. Ninja Commando is another one.
I didn't know ninja commando was even consider a guilty pleasure.Ninja Comba,can see why it's not to well regarded for a early release.Though both games are rather silly far as story go's.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I have an Art of Fighting AES game that is barely playable (besides the game is kinda shitty in the 1st place) since the sound goes out a bunch or glitches up pretty quickly, but it's the actual cartridge that was on display when I 1st saw a Neo Geo AES system. I pop it in from time to time to get the nostalgia vibes off of it.

AcidRedux

n00b
Don't know why but I keep coming back to Blue's Journey. I like playing it sometimes when I feel too fed up with fighters and the two player gameplay can be hilarious at times.

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
I got to go with Fatal Fury 1. It was the first SNK fighter I played. Rented it for the mega drive, loved it, and had no idea it was originally a neo geo game. When I finally saw the neo-version I liked it even more. As others already have said, it hasn't age all that well but I still like to have a go at it once in a while. Just to revisit Howard Arena, Sound Beach, Pao Pao Café or West Subway briefly.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
King of the Monsters both 1 and 2. Love those games. Have great memories.

VGC1612

New Challenger
For me,3 Count Bout and Burning Fight,i know they got some heat but i love them