What is your guilty pleasure Neo Geo game?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
A title that others think is a shit game but you love it.

Mine, Ninja Combat. It was the first Neo game I played so I have very fond memories of it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Sengoku. I don't need to say anything about this mess of a game. Fantastic music and setting though. Even the ports had the crap hit detection.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sengoku. I don't need to say anything about this mess of a game. Fantastic music and setting though. Even the ports had the crap hit detection.

I don't know what people hate about Sengoku. I love it. Play it in the dark with the stereo booming. It is like a Japanese nightmare, just eerie.

Does World Heroes count?

Of course.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I like World Heroes 2. Thinking of getting Ninja Combat and Sengoku. Are they just bad as in "old Neo Geo" bad? Or are they legitimately bad?

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Burning Fight for me. I know it's a total rip off of Final Fight but I enjoy it and still play it to this day.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Galaxy Fight!

Oddly perhaps, I really like the presentation, but in particular, I enjoy the pace of the gameplay - almost as if your jousting at times!

It's also the home of the original and best Juri.

Cool game me thinks, but many seem to hate on it...

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Alpha Mission II, I'd say. It's got to be among the weakest of the Neo Geo shooters, but much like James' pick this was my first game. That spacey, echoing sound you hear during the highscore display in attract mode sums up what I love about the "feel" of this game.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
kof94. Doesn't quite fit the bill here, but I love 94 way more than most anyone else. Because it was my first Neo game. Firing it up still takes me back to that first time every single time.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
World Heroes. It's the Neo game that I always enjoy playing.

smccd

New Challenger
Few of them

I think a lot of people wouldn't advertise their affinity for Twinkle Star Sprites, but I really like it, and don't know why.

Similarly to another poster above, if I could choose any KOF game, I'd play 94, because of memories.

And in terms of weird stuff, I really dislike both Pulstar and Blazing Star, and would prefer Strikers 1945+ over them anytime.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i got a few.

cyber lip which i like (but i shouldn't) and world heroes 1 and 2 which no one should like (and it seems it is getting a lot of love here) are the first to my mind.

digging deeper- i also have a weird affinity for double dragon and soccer brawl.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
i guess I love world heroes but I don't feel any guilt about it :)

fatal fury 1 is also one of my favorites and it's pretty shitty as a fighting game mechanically comparing to SF2, but as a single player experience it kicks ass :) same goes for art of fighting 1 and 2 IMO

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
I absolutely love Rage of the Dragons, it's one of only five games from my entire collection I've decided to keep. It seems to be unanimously hated by everyone else I know who's played it though.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I absolutely love Rage of the Dragons, it's one of only five games from my entire collection I've decided to keep. It seems to be unanimously hated by everyone else I know who's played it though.

Not me. I love it :)

It gives me a Guilty Gear vibe with the graphics although the gameplay is far from that kind of game.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
World Heroes is not a guilty pleasure, it's an awesome series. People constantly underrate it. Fuckin' blasphemy if you ask me.

Oh, and I like Futsal, 'nuff said.

EDIT:

About RotD, bought the JPN homecart on release and played it to death, then sold it after it collected dust for several years. Fun game if you're not going to play it in-depth, horrible game if you do. Cheap-ass near-infinity combo shenanigans, even though I like some charas. Never looked back.

Last edited:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
cyber lip which i like (but i shouldn't)
Everyone should like Cyber Lip! It's right up there with the Neo's other more solid, cheesy classics. Magician Lord, Sengoku, Ninja Commando.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
i guess I love world heroes but I don't feel any guilt about it :)

fatal fury 1 is also one of my favorites and it's pretty shitty as a fighting game mechanically comparing to SF2, but as a single player experience it kicks ass :) same goes for art of fighting 1 and 2 IMO

Those are exactly my picks

I find WH2's cast and backgrounds very interesting.

I like FF1's settings, and I find myself trying to play it from time to time, but I don't consider it a good game at this point, nor do I recommend it to my friends when they ask for NeoGeo suggestions. Same goes for AoF1 and AoF2.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
WTF cheesy classics, ML is one of the core Neo games.

I've been absent from this part of ng.com for too long it seems.

* does ninja conjuring magic

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I never see people talking about Spinmaster Aka Miracle Adventure.

I know it looks like a kids game, but i find it really fun to play.