What is the most you would spend on a single game?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
He also claimed disability and used the checks to pay for games.

#Hardcore

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
I just spent the most I've ever spent on one game last night - $104 for MVS Mark of the Wolves
If it's on a multicart, that's usually good enough for me, but all the multicarts seem to have some prototype version of MOTW.

edit: I guess I could say I spent more on Wind Waker. About 12 years ago, I bought a Gamecube with Wind Waker bundle and a Gamecube component video cable. Wind Waker ended up being the only Gamecube game I ever played. I sold all that stuff off to buy a Wii. It kind of sucks to look at current prices of the GC component cable lol, but I got more enjoyment out of the Wii than the Gamecube.... and I could still play Wind Waker.

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
He also claimed disability and used the checks to pay for games.

#Hardcore

Hmmm seems a bit greasy to me using your benefit check to pay for games, seems the lure of the shelf cart got to be to much for him guiltygear.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
$300 is my max. Anything more would have to have some serious thought put into it.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Gotta learn to put my reading glasses on and stop squinting like a stubburn old goat lol.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
The two most expensive games I've bought were the CAVE kits for Deathsmiles Mega Black Label and Akai Katana. The amount of money that I've spent on Dance Dance Revolution equipment kind of eclipses those purchases, but at least that was a gradual. @_@

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
most ive ever spent was like $500 for fast striker mvs and sold it probably 3 months or less later. most i could ever see myself spending is probably $750.... what it would be on? im not sure... but it would be either an AES title or an import saturn game im sure.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Should be 180 euros on a MVS MOTW cart. Then again, i have also spent 600 euros on a dedicated Simpsons Arcade cabinet. Je ne regrette rien!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I lol'd.... :(

In all seriousness though, I've cut back on the LEs quite a bit...I still like them but they take up too much space. Really now I may just get the Nintendo ones going forward, and they don't release them too often.

I have not picked up Xenoblade yet for the Wii U, so I may get the LE for that.

And I really wanted the Fire Emblem Fates on (which has all 3 games on 1 cartridge), but that got sold out before I even knew it existed. I am pretty pissed about that one...hope they put up some more preorders soon.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
$850 on a US MOTW a few years back. seconded by a $700 SS0S unfixed.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
My max was 200 before I pre ordered gunlord, still don't know how I feel about spending 400 on a game. May sell it later, depends on how I feel when it boots up on my cabinet.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Let me tell you this:
You don't feel comfortable spending $200 on a game. But once you did, you will get heartache a bit and nothing more.
You will begin to purchase $500 game, and you feel nothing but keep buying higher price game later.....

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
You don't feel comfortable spending $200 on a game. But once you did, you will get heartache a bit and nothing more.
You will begin to purchase $500 game, and you feel nothing but keep buying higher price game later.....

This is stuff best suited for the AVGC meetings a/k/a Anonymous Video Game Collectors. Hi, my name is Oliver and I'm...

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
$375 on AES Last Blade from SNK direct plus shipping so probably bout 400, currently my limit is 120 for certain MVS carts

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member

This ^

My limit used to be $100 until I got Rondo of Blood, and it's been creeping up ever since. I think I'm around $250 now, but it better be something I really want.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I have no money, so zero, lol. Back a long while ago, I spent 550 pre ordering a demolish fist kit. Yeah, I did that, lol. I'd pay that now for a fallen angels board, but I don't have cash like that to throw around. I do have about 12 grand in my boat though. I see nothing wrong with buying things that make you happy as long as you're spending money that you can afford to spend. An awesome purchase to one person can be a stupid purchase to the next, but it's not their money so fuck'em, lol

ChrisB

Another Striker
Most I have paid if I remember right is currently 」160, my limit would be around 」500 but would have to be something I would want badly.

Missile

Another Striker
I'd probably play £600 for something like Blazing Star (AES). Not that I'd get it for that price. You can also think of Neo Geo games as investments. So if you *had* to sell them - hopefully you would get your money back and a little bit more.

Ehh probably $2500-2600 or so, but I doubt I'll be doing that going forward. I'm saving for a Tin Tin statue now.

JayWay1982

n00b
I collect MVS. $150 is my max. I could be talked into $200 for a new new Neo game that appealed to my style. I really don't mind if a game costs a lot if it's I think it's a good investment that will hold it's value.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I bought KoF 11 went it first came out. It cost me 599.99. What a fucking mistake that was.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Let me tell you this:

I agree with this, it really is a problem. I remember feeling disgusted with myself for spending £20 on rare master system games 10 years ago. Now I think nothing of spending around £100.