The shit-pile that is the NGX - A Retrospective

You should have kept that to yourself, you will get no respect from members on here buying garbage. Do yourself the honourable thing and don't waste your money on it, you'll thank me later.

lol. I know it's trash BUT I want the 2 controllers for Mame unit I am building. I'm going to resell the actual system. I'm not a huge fan of remake systems. Any person with a half could of told you this would of been trash.

Last edited:

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I'm actually picking up a Neo Geo X for $100 with 2 Controllers.

puke.jpg

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
lol. I know it's trash BUT I want the 2 controllers for Mame unit I am building. I'm going to resell the actual system. I'm not a huge fan of remake systems. Any person with a half could of told you this would of been trash.
NGX sticks are horrible, I'm sure you can find better ones,

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You dont need to do much. If you have a 370, you can install dingoo os without even opening it up. Then take a sd card mod and load up anything you want.
If you have a 337, you can install the firmware that puts the corrects the resolution on the screen and hdmi, changes the hdmi to linear instead of bilinear, improves the sound, gets rid of scanlines, etc...

Putting sprinkles on a turd does not turn it into a tasty cupcake.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Well you sure make it sound like one, wasting your time modding this piece of shit instead of just buying another chinese dingoo-related device.
It's still worthless no matter what you do with it.

PS: Sorry if I hurt your feelings. :(

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I just looked up what a Dingoo actually is. I had no idea it literally is the exact same thing!

Dingooblack.jpg

Well you sure make it sound like one, wasting your time modding this piece of shit instead of just buying another chinese dingoo-related device.
It's still worthless no matter what you do with it.

PS: Sorry if I hurt your feelings. :(

Meh. I collect handhelds specifically to mod them. This one was easy. I have four other Dingoo style handhelds but none of them have a microswitch stick like this one. The fact that the dpad logic board can be detached from the main board is interesting. I might mount the entire thing inside an old grey gameboy now that its in 4:3 proper.

I make it sound like a cupcake with my accurate descriptions of modding steps and what those mods produce? Sorry to point this out, but recanting facts is not dressing this thing up to be a cupcake. It is not as though I said HOLY SHIT THIS THING IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!
Almost everything I stated about modding it is verbatim from the hacking thread. If that sounds like a cupcake, then it was baked right here in this forum.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I just looked up what a Dingoo actually is. I had no idea it literally is the exact same thing!

Yup, the only difference being that a Dingoo doesn't try to hide the fact that its a Dingoo.

pipes

Meh. I collect handhelds specifically to mod them. This one was easy. I have four other Dingoo style handhelds but none of them have a microswitch stick like this one. The fact that the dpad logic board can be detached from the main board is interesting. I might mount the entire thing inside an old grey gameboy now that its in 4:3 proper.

I make it sound like a cupcake with my accurate descriptions of modding steps and what those mods produce? Sorry to point this out, but recanting facts is not dressing this thing up to be a cupcake. It is not as though I said HOLY SHIT THIS THING IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!
Almost everything I stated about modding it is verbatim from the hacking thread. If that sounds like a cupcake, then it was baked right here in this forum.

You do realize that you keep regurgitating the same post over and over again right? You've done it 27 times now. We all understand that you enjoy modding shitty handhelds so there is no need to keep mentioning it as if it somehow makes any difference whatsoever.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Why mod a shitty handheld. Why not just wait until you are home to play the real deal instead of suffering through some terrible degraded version.

Read a book you yokels.

You do realize that you keep regurgitating the same post over and over again right? You've done it 27 times now. We all understand that you enjoy modding shitty handhelds so there is no need to keep mentioning it as if it somehow makes any difference whatsoever.
Pipes, of all people to accuse me of repeating myself.

Last edited:

pipes

Pipes, of all people to accuse me of repeating myself.

While your implication is unfounded and false, I do applaud you for not mentioning that you enjoy modding shitty handhelds for once.

pipes

The irony of Pipes accusing people of repeating themselves. Teh lulz.

Almost as ironic as people buying a cheap quality emulation device for that "authentic" experience. Oh the lulz!

PMA: It's great that you occasionally find the courage to overcome the shame and peek your head through the curtains. Please stop by more often. You and wintermute make a cute little team and after all, this armpit of a sub-forum was created specifically with you in mind.

While your implication is unfounded and false, I do applaud you for not mentioning that you enjoy modding shitty handhelds for once.

Like a broken record pipes. Tell us the joke again about the recovery group, because I've only read it 27 times.

Almost as ironic as people buying a cheap quality emulation device for that "authentic" experience. Oh the lulz!

PMA: It's great that you occasionally find the courage to overcome the shame and peek your head through the curtains. Please stop by more often. You and wintermute make a cute little team and after all, this armpit of a sub-forum was created specifically with you in mind.

Pipes there has to be more to you than this.

Last edited:

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Save your cash. Do not buy this garbage. Dont do the same mistake I did. Dont get the scars I got. 100 bucks ey? You can put those money to better use.

pipes

Pipes there has to be more to you than this.

If you would wander out of this cesspool of a sub-forum from time to time you would see that. I just use this place to stretch my legs and have a laugh at your expense before engaging in proper gaming discussions elsewhere.

If you would wander out of this cesspool of a sub-forum from time to time you would see that. I just use this place to stretch my legs and have a laugh at your expense before engaging in proper gaming discussions elsewhere.

Sounds pretty lame.