The shit-pile that is the NGX - A Retrospective

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I figured this was a good time to take a stroll down memory lane as we keep this horrendous failure on life support just a little while longer. Since it's certain death seems to be just around the corner, join me in a look back so we can remember literally the only good that's come of this heaping steamer.

I present to you - THE NEO GEO X RETROSPECTIVE........

Enjoy!

einsteinshow.jpg

157486.TOMMO LAUGH+IN+YOUR+FACE.jpg

crujones_ngx.jpg

Crymore_zps489a8c31.jpg

Word_Puzzle.jpg

tommo_ad.jpg

ngx_shortbus.jpg

ngx_wet.jpg

ngx_salesman.jpg

neo geo x po.jpg

neo x 2.jpg

neo x mega pac.jpg

attachment.php

pHokqMY.gif

attachment.php

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm thinking the launch of the NGX has given you more hours of entertainment than anyone who actually bought one.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Ya forgot the original lukemorse "expensive junk?" money into the toilet pic.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
lol I created half those images and I had forgot about most of them.

I think this one is still my fav:

attachment.php

Couple others Pipes missed:

ngx_christmas-story.jpg

neogeox_ngage.jpg

the-neo-geo-rises-with-neo-geo-x-gold.jpg

ngx_comments.jpg

ngx_firmware.jpg

lolz good times.

Sucks to hear all of this about the neo x =[ I was actually looking forward to getting one. Looks like I will have to build yet another supergun to enjoy the old neo games. Balls!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
This thread is always so good to check back for a laugh. My girlfriend is only around still because she didn't give in and buy me one of these.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I was at a video game swap on the weekend, and I was trying to sell my Neo Geo X now that I have the real deal MVS. People kept coming up to me to tell me how sorry they were that I bought one and genuinely felt bad for me... my friend got a good laugh at my expense. Sadly, it travelled back home with me as nobody was looking for a NGx!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Donate it off and hope that you can get some tax credit.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Hell, I'd take it before you donate it, but would have to be pretty cheap to justify shipping from Canader.

I finally got rid of my X yesterday for $65, which beats throwing the piece of shit in the trash. I have been a SNK fan for 20 years, and I was so fucking excited when I heard a new hand-held was releasing, but the minute I opened the package and plugged it in I realized my folly. I can't fucking believe I paid $250 plus tax (extra controller) for this complete piece of fucking shit. Biggest fucking video game let down in my lifetime. What a fucking shame SNK put their name on this contraption. Well I suppose out of all of this I did find Xian Xi, and was able to order a CMVS which is wonderful, and has exceeded my expectations...so all is not lost!

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
"Children who would like to read a chapter from the storybook "NEO GEO X and the Mythical Firmware"
That one killed me, LOLOLOLOLOL

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's just too risky being an early adopter these days.

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I finally got rid of my X yesterday for $65, which beats throwing the piece of shit in the trash. I have been a SNK fan for 20 years, and I was so fucking excited when I heard a new hand-held was releasing, but the minute I opened the package and plugged it in I realized my folly. I can't fucking believe I paid $250 plus tax (extra controller) for this complete piece of fucking shit. Biggest fucking video game let down in my lifetime. What a fucking shame SNK put their name on this contraption. Well I suppose out of all of this I did find Xian Xi, and was able to order a CMVS which is wonderful, and has exceeded my expectations...so all is not lost!

I live in Europe, Denmark and had to pay 170 GBP for that piece of shit (about 270 USD). After trying it a couple of times I knew I was fucked. Luckily I was able to sell it on auction to some guy for 135 GBP (about 216 USD). I just wanted that trash out of my sight and out of my collection. Just looking at the box could ruin my day.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I live in Europe, Denmark and had to pay 170 GBP for that piece of shit (about 270 USD). After trying it a couple of times I knew I was fucked. Luckily I was able to sell it on auction to some guy for 135 GBP (about 216 USD). I just wanted that trash out of my sight and out of my collection. Just looking at the box could ruin my day.

Oh wow $270, fucking shit man - you might want to have a counseling session with Pipes, the NeoX Support Group leader. I'm sure your scars will take time to heal, but at least you were able to get rid of it without completely losing your ass.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
lol

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
So they just change $ into £ and keep the same number for the MSRP?

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Oh wow $270, fucking shit man - you might want to have a counseling session with Pipes, the NeoX Support Group leader. I'm sure your scars will take time to heal, but at least you were able to get rid of it without completely losing your ass.

I surely felt violated and ripped off by Tommo no doubt about that. I've been collecting and gaming for more than 20 years and I have never in those 20+ years laid my hands on such a fucking useless cheap piece of trash. If I hadnt found a buyer for this garbage I probably would have thrown it out.