Spambot alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

aria

Former Moderator
I just wanted to say it's very impressive we went so long between alerts that the previous thread was older than 45 days and was thus not visible under the default forum viewing settings. It's like how some factories have signs that say "____ days without an accident". I'll still merge them together.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I just wanted to say it's very impressive we went so long between alerts that the previous thread was older than 45 days and was thus not visible under the default forum viewing settings. It's like how some factories have signs that say "____ days without an accident". I'll still merge them together.

:lolz: yip that would be a top sign, "45 days without a spambot". Totally agree though, very surprising gap, they used to be 3 a week.

brad_irc

Kuroko's Training Dummy

aria

Former Moderator
While we appreciate the advice, we now usually get spambots within 1 or 2 posts, tops.

It took a few subtle tweaks, but now the only ones that seem to get through are the ones controlled by people, which are going to make it through most times.

brad_irc

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You should take a closer look at those plugins, most human controlled bots are stopped before they even navigate the site, let alone register. :)

brad_irc

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey guys,
I'm the new guy here, but it seems you just recently moved to vb4. I've been running a very large vb forum for coming on ten years now, but here's two suggestions that should stop 99.9% of your spam:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

Seriously. Installing this plugin/product absolutely stops all spam before it's even a problem. Read the section on "how it works"

PS: I highly recommend updating to 4.1.4 or applying PL2 to 4.1.3 ... otherwise you will get exploited...

Just trying to give some advice. I know jack shit about neo geo, but I work directly with the vBulletin team

aria

Former Moderator
Seriously. Installing this plugin/product absolutely stops all spam before it's even a problem. Read the section on "how it works"

PS: I highly recommend updating to 4.1.4 or applying PL2 to 4.1.3 ... otherwise you will get exploited...

Just trying to give some advice. I know jack shit about neo geo, but I work directly with the vBulletin team

I don't doubt your sincerity on this, but the person who handles the nuts and bolts of that aspect of the forums doesn't usually scan this thread --PM a head's up to Mouse_master.

Status
Not open for further replies.