Rare Bootlegs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
FACTS:

I sold Chamane a US AF3

Also sold Waku 7, his buddy, a SSVS Unfixed - and Chamane had a Euro Kizuna.

Knew this was gonna happen. Interested to see the back of the AF3 case and manual.

so you're telling me... blame the french?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It's wrong to justify them if they're taking perfectly legitimate carts and sac-ing them to make the bootlegs. You're now diminishing numbers of real items to make fake ones, which leads to the ridiculous price hikes for - what used to be - common games.

I take it you missed the part about 100% newly produced bootlegs, where no originals were destroyed to make them?

Have you seen the forum you're on. LOL. Ill barely spend $60 on a new game nowadays...let alone an old game when flash carts exist. If you're spending money on bootlegs you're an idiot.

This forum is full of idiots in that case.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
SSVS aside, why in the FUCK would anyone pay way more money for a AES bootleg or conversion than a legit MVS version?!?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
SSVS aside, why in the FUCK would anyone pay way more money for a AES bootleg or conversion than a legit MVS version?!?

AESholes, that's why. Boot with a fancy sticker, insert and manual > legit MVS cart for 1/4 the price in their minds.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
AESholes, that's why. Boot with a fancy sticker, insert and manual > legit MVS cart for 1/4 the price in their minds.

If you can make manuals as nice as that... why not just make a nice box, and manual for the mvs cart?

PS: Out of the three platforms, I actually think the NG-CD are the nicest looking from a shelf perspective.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
would you say that about "AES-style cases for MVS carts" as well? I could see a market for Shockboxes that also hold (user created) "manuals"... or even Snapcases for MVS carts (didn't Quan work on those sometime ago?).

[Not that I'd buy one of those.]

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
AESholes, that's why.

The grudge is strong with this one. Who cares why... it's part of the business, since everyone demands re-releases and SNKP wouldn't do it any other way, if they could. Why is an adult collecting toys anyway? It's all part of la grande illusion. Yours, too.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The grudge is strong with this one. Who cares why... it's part of the business, since everyone demands re-releases and SNKP wouldn't do it any other way, if they could. Why is an adult collect toys anyway? It's all part of la grande illusion. Yours, too.

No company in their right mind is going to start re-releasing cartridges again in 2016. All these goobs need to get that idea out of their head right now....they sound fucking daft.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm fine with them as long as it's clear to the buyer that they are in no way authentic but the cart sticker, manual and insert need to be slightly altered though to prevent confusion among new AES owners. Price point is also important, if they are <$300 then it's cool.

They are <300.
It seems that some hungry guys bought some of those for much more on eBay and YA (<1k).
Anyway first run are sold for 260in euro each on french forum, and most are still available.

I got myself a kizuna, so i can assure that everything is brand new.

I would understand some to be mad about ssspeunfix cos it mess with the actual market, but i believe kizuna and AF3 do not.

I am not affiliated with these release.
But I feel that the availability of those techs allow for new projet.

I have started to work on a ghostlopp release. So i contacted billy pitt (proto finder), a professional drawer (disney, Ubi), and the guy that did those new pcb (you know who this is).
I understand some of you are mad about what happened in the past (totc incident, neo ayato stealer, AF3 crookness, and so on).
But still this allow for some fine bootleg to be done. The boundary between bootleg and custom is maybe related to the quality of the product

anyway at least i answered a few question :
- below 300.
- all brand new, no sacrifice.

Plz dont flame too hard ^^

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
They are <300.
It seems that some hungry guys bought some of those for much more on eBay and YA (<1k).
Anyway first run are sold for 260in euro each on french forum, and most are still available.

I got myself a kizuna, so i can assure that everything is brand new.

I would understand some to be mad about ssspeunfix cos it mess with the actual market, but i believe kizuna and AF3 do not.

I am not affiliated with these release.
But I feel that the availability of those techs allow for new projet.

I have started to work on a ghostlopp release. So i contacted billy pitt (proto finder), a professional drawer (disney, Ubi), and the guy that did those new pcb (you know who this is).
I understand some of you are mad about what happened in the past (totc incident, neo ayato stealer, AF3 crookness, and so on).
But still this allow for some fine bootleg to be done. The boundary between bootleg and custom is maybe related to the quality of the product

anyway at least i answered a few question :
- below 300.
- all brand new, no sacrifice.

Plz dont flame too hard ^^

I ran this through google translate:

"Buy the bootlegs I make!"

:keke:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Are they marked to show that they are obviously reproductions? If not, this is the same shady ass Frenchie shit as always.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
For sspeunfix, I dont know for sure, i didn't buy it.
From discussion and photos on forum regarding that, there is a difference that can be seen (on the hairs of haomaru on the right part of insert).
And its not that high quality since its HQ scanned and printed, and not rebuilt (raster / vector shit).

AF3 and kizuna however are really good quality. And numbered (dont ask me).
They obviously dont need to be marked as reproduction.
Again i cannot speak for other games since i have just seen pictures of them.

@deception : that was soft. Well. You guys are hard to love some time…
Let me be perfectly clear : Im not expecting anything from anyone. I'm just sharing.

edit: This has not been posted anywhere here because each time a french (kuk exepted) open his mouth, he get bashed.
Those are very known since october or so, and the release was mid december. We could have come here share about our project and stuff. We'd love to… but we are not masochist.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
For sspeunfix, I dont know for sure, i didn't buy it.
From discussion and photos on forum regarding that, there is a difference that can be seen (on the hairs of haomaru on the right part of insert).
And its not that high quality since its HQ scanned and printed, and not rebuilt (raster / vector shit).

AF3 and kizuna however are really good quality. And numbered (dont ask me).
They obviously dont need to be marked as reproduction.
Again i cannot speak for other games since i have just seen pictures of them.

@deception : that was soft. Well. You guys are hard to love some time… Its some time difficult to come here and get bashed ;)
Let me be perfectly clear : Im not expecting anything from anyone. I'm just sharing.

So a bootleg for over $300 and I can't even get a professionally printed insert. LOL. If you're buying this shit your a moron.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
So a bootleg for over $300 and I can't even get a professionally printed insert. LOL. If you're buying this shit your a moron.

Cant really guess if you are plain stupid or just trolling me.
Plz start reading what i take the time to write, before spitting your guts on your keyboard.
And if you think what you just wrote actually did make some sense, plz read again.

can't believe it…

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Plz start reading what i take the time to write, before spitting your guts on your keyboard.
And if you think what you just wrote actually did make some sense, plz read again.

can't believe it…

Read it fine dude. First you state they are over 300. Then you said paid 281 for one. Sometimes they sell for over 1000. So me saying over $300 makes sense. Then you say it's an HQ scan but not that HQ in that i hasn't been touched up. I replied by saying that for $300 I can't even get a fixed up insert professionally printed...which from the sounds of your description they are not. Lastly I'm not trolling, you're a moron who bought a shitty bootleg for the same price as a flashcart will be in a few months.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Read it fine dude. First you state they are over 300. Then you said paid 281 for one. Sometimes they sell for over 1000. So me saying over $300 makes sense. Then you say it's an HQ scan but not that HQ in that i hasn't been touched up. I replied by saying that for $300 I can't even get a fixed up insert professionally printed...which from the sounds of your description they are not. Lastly I'm not trolling, you're a moron who bought a shitty bootleg for the same price as a flashcart will be in a few months.

False. Read again. A few hint :
• <300 mean under 300. Like in x<300.
• HQ scan has nothing to do with the quality of the print. It has to do with quality of conception. It can be professionally offset printed anyway.
• i dint buy ssspeunfix, i bought Kizuna. And Kizuna is not HQscan, its done from scratch. Quality is as good as any other game.

But again english is not my mother tongue. Maybe what i wrote was not as clear as i wanted it to be ?
I could do better in french, probably too in spanish or german. My english is not perfect, I guess i did not get a good enough education.

For me the neogeo is not a dead scene. There are still good things that can be done.
Hope that DZ kind words does not match what most ppl think here.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
LOL manuals for MVS carts. You are a shithead, bloodycelt.

That's quite an understatement.

can't believe it…

It's gonna be great when these things are rendered worthless one day.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
False. Read again. A few hint :
• <300 mean under 300. Like in x<300.
• HQ scan has nothing to do with the quality of the print. It has to do with quality of conception. It can be professionally offset printed anyway.
• i dint buy ssspeunfix, i bought Kizuna. And Kizuna is not HQscan, its done from scratch. Quality is as good as any other game.

But again english is not my mother tongue. Maybe what i wrote was not as clear as i wanted it to be ?
I could do better in french, probably too in spanish or german. My english is not perfect, I guess i did not get a good enough education.

For me the neogeo is not a dead scene. There are still good things that can be done.
Hope that DZ kind words does not match what most ppl think here.

A scan has nothing to do with the print....lol. How is the quality going to be on the Ghostlop bootleg you're making?

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
It's gonna be great when these things are rendered worthless one day.
Why buying a game would need to be an investment ? I dint buy to sell another day.
I'm talking "doing shit", "keeping it with a cool price", "doing the thing properly", and your just talking money :)

@DZ : I'm a professional graphist and child book editor. I'm 40yo and i've been doing that for more than 15 year now. I know what i do, and i know the tech behind the things.
Ur acting like a pitbull, barking but not thinking. Be a good dog and go get another bone plz.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Why buying a game would need to be an investment ? I dint buy to sell another day.
I'm talking "doing shit", "keeping it with a cool price", "doing the thing properly", and your just talking money :)

@DZ : I'm a professional graphist and child book editor. I'm 40yo and i've been doing that for more than 15 year now. I know what i do, and i know the tech behind the things.
Ur acting like a pitbull, barking but not thinking. Be a good dog and go get another bone plz.

Why are you hiring a designer from Ubisoft then? I'm also a professional graphic artist. Also regarding Pit Bulls, are you going to be making bootleg Us versions with the dog tags too?

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Why are you hiring a designer from Ubisoft then? I'm also a professional graphic artist. Also regarding Pit Bulls, are you going to be making bootleg Us versions with the dog tags too?

And another time, read again.
I m not hiring a designer. I'm hiring a drawer.
A true professional would understand why.

I'm not arguing i'm trying to explain, and trying to answer the questions you got. With good faith.
Hope american here are not all uneducated brat.
I'm done hitting wall.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
And another time, read again.
I m not hiring a designer. I'm hiring a drawer.
A true professional would understand why.

I'm not arguing i'm trying to explain, and trying to answer the questions you got. With good faith.
Hope all american here are not uneducated brat.
I'm done hitting wall.

I've read your posts just fine. I'm busting your balls, and it's a pretty obvious reach at this point and I'm too tired to keep up the act. IDGAF if you make bootlegs or not, just don't pass them off as real or else you're gonna get piled on by experts. If you can't take some harmless funstering, just wait till the goobs start to hit you up with all these questions. Also don't waste your money on an artist, Billy has the real art for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.