Rare Bootlegs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I'm not French, or maybe I'm blind, but I didn't see this posted anywhere.

They are/were selling US versions of AF3 and Kizuna and JAPANESE SS5 unfixed as badass bootlegs.

They say new boards, but IDK. They are using the cases from neooldstore.com.

http://www.neogeo-system.com/t3870p280-vente-atomikwave-aes-custom-cart

151130041452865143.jpg

151211101055154971.jpg

151130050933724764.jpg

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Wow, bootleg AES games? This is breaking news here. Please tell us more!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Looks very good.

Tempted to add the super rare famous Euro Kizuna Encounter, elusive SSVS and mysterious AF3 to my game collection :p

MuppeT

War Room Troll
I believe there are couple of people here that can tell us more about the AF3 bootlegs.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
This suddenly doesn't matter anymore, now that I am in the MVS camp.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
well if these are truely organic* (new chips, boards, shells, snaps, paper etc. -> no real carts sacrificed), I don't give a shit. Let the asshats who used to buy conversions buy these instead.

*©™ oliverclaude

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
No one on these forums favors boots, me included, but many have the wish, SNK(P) would re-release their most in-demand games within the AES format, not unalike the case of Metal Slug 3 in the past. Now, about how much different would it look like, if they really endorsed this idea one of these days? I would imagine, the differences to be sparsely populated in comparison to OP's groundbreaking discoveries: new PCB's, new prints, new casting and finally the latest flashroms to re-create the originals, all made in China.

It's just a thought tho.

organic* (new chips, boards, shells, snaps, paper etc. -> no real carts sacrificed)

*oliverclaude

It's open source ;).

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I hope the now Chinese company, struggling to stay alive, decides to re-release decades old games on a format that is itself decades old. They won't, so now I'll have to resort to buying these high quality reproductions!

Best excuse I've ever heard to justify high priced bootlegs.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I'm really fucking surprised that people aren't more mad lol.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'm really fucking surprised that people aren't more mad lol.

I was being sarcastic. I think it sucks people are bootlegging games, especially two that don't even exist. However, I haven't owned a piece of Neo Geo hardware in forever, like about 60% of the people who post here and IDGAF anymore about bootlegs.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
I hope the now Chinese company, struggling to stay alive, decides to re-release decades old games on a format that is itself decades old. They won't, so now I'll have to resort to buying these high quality reproductions!

I get the sarcasm but that would actually be high comedy as all these guys with complete collections would have to buy all the reprints to stay "complete".

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I was being sarcastic. I think it sucks people are bootlegging games, especially two that don't even exist. However, I haven't owned a piece of Neo Geo hardware in forever, like about 60% of the people who post here and IDGAF anymore about bootlegs.

I got ya. Also, where do these USMC rankings come from?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

Of course not. The question was, would their product differ from those boots, if they did rerelease their games themselves. It would't -- so it's just another "be careful what you wish for" story. But if people use that as an excuse to buy bootlegs, I couldn't care less.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Of course not. The question was, would their product differ from those boots, if they did rerelease their games themselves. It would't -- so it's just another "be careful what you wish for" story. But if people use that as an excuse to buy bootlegs, I couldn't care less.

Mmmhmm.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

I don't see how it's wrong to justify bootlegs, while it's perfectly right to justify the insane price gouging that caused the bootlegging in the first place. Who actually enjoys paying thousands of dollars for a fucking video game??

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I don't see how it's wrong to justify bootlegs, while it's perfectly right to justify the insane price gouging that caused the bootlegging in the first place.

It's wrong to justify them if they're taking perfectly legitimate carts and sac-ing them to make the bootlegs. You're now diminishing numbers of real items to make fake ones, which leads to the ridiculous price hikes for - what used to be - common games.

Who actually enjoys paying thousands of dollars for a fucking video game??

There's enough of those people on this forum.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I don't see how it's wrong to justify bootlegs, while it's perfectly right to justify the insane price gouging that caused the bootlegging in the first place. Who actually enjoys paying thousands of dollars for a fucking video game??

Have you seen the forum you're on. LOL. Ill barely spend $60 on a new game nowadays...let alone an old game when flash carts exist. If you're spending money on bootlegs you're an idiot.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
Have you seen the forum you're on. LOL. Ill barely spend $60 on a new game nowadays...let alone an old game when flash carts exist. If you're spending money on bootlegs you're an idiot.
I'm surprised there is not a Neo Geo everdrive yet. I mean I saw a dreamcast mod that that runs games off a I think sd card instead of discs but there is no Neo flash cart yet? Weird.

Since the advents of these Retron 5 and other systems, I wonder if it would even be feasible for a company to rerelease their games on carts again for these systems. Since memory prices consistently drop I wonder if the chips and boards would cost less nowadays. With all these crazy prices on eBay some companies could probably make a killing if they did a special cart rerelease. I know Natsume who made Pocky and Rocky on the SNES found sealed copies of their games at their company and put them on eBay. Last I heard they got bid up pretty high. I think it's an untapped market that these companies should look into.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'm surprised there is not a Neo Geo everdrive yet. I mean I saw a dreamcast mod that that runs games off a I think sd card instead of discs but there is no Neo flash cart yet? Weird.

Since the advents of these Retron 5 and other systems, I wonder if it would even be feasible for a company to rerelease their games on carts again for these systems. Since memory prices consistently drop I wonder if the chips and boards would cost less nowadays. With all these crazy prices on eBay some companies could probably make a killing if they did a special cart rerelease. I know Natsume who made Pocky and Rocky on the SNES found sealed copies of their games at their company and put them on eBay. Last I heard they got bid up pretty high. I think it's an untapped market that these companies should look into.

Lol there was just a huge thread about the Neo Geo flashcart...go read it!

TonK

Least Valuable Player
FACTS:

I sold Chamane a US AF3

Also sold Waku 7, his buddy, a SSVS Unfixed - and Chamane had a Euro Kizuna.

Knew this was gonna happen. Interested to see the back of the AF3 case and manual.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm fine with them as long as it's clear to the buyer that they are in no way authentic but the cart sticker, manual and insert need to be slightly altered though to prevent confusion among new AES owners. Price point is also important, if they are <$300 then it's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.