POLL: 100 degrees / Most refreshing

Your refreshment of choice on a hot day

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I'll have to try the watermelon variety. I stock up a ton, so here's my summer flavor.

View attachment 36860

Eggnog soda? Where the fuck do they sell that? (I HAVE TO TRY IT!)

I just drink down a 1/2 gal. carton of Newman's Own Lemonade.

Though a can of coke from the freezer (not long enough to be frozen), put that right on the back of your neck, then pop the tab and guzzle it down.... is fucking sweet.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm a soda snob, so some kind of rootbeer, be it barqs, mug, or a indie one like Jones or Kilabrew.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I'm a soda snob, so some kind of rootbeer, be it barqs, mug, or a indie one like Jones or Kilabrew.

If you are a root beer fan: first, don't drink Mug, it's garbage.

You should try Iron Horse, IBC, Sprecher, A&W, Dad's, 1919, Stewarts....

Also, if you haven't had the rootbeer at Culvers, do it ASAP. That shit is awesome.

If you really get adventurous, check out that candy barn in Jordan which also has a bunch of pop and baked goods. (Bobak posted a video about it years back)

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Nothing beats ice cold water on a hot day.

Other than that, sweet tea & Cheerwine always are great during the summer. (and the rest of the year too)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sure, but that doesn't work - at least not for me. It's a gateway. You drink 3 of those and then stop - you convince yourself you could do the same with regular beer then too - except you can't...and then you start the cycle over. I tried NA beer the first time I quit drinking - and that's exactly what happened.

Hey man real talk good on you for staying on the wagon for 8 years, that takes dedication, I'm proud of you homeboy

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
If you are a root beer fan: first, don't drink Mug, it's garbage.

You should try Iron Horse, IBC, Sprecher, A&W, Dad's, 1919, Stewarts....

Also, if you haven't had the rootbeer at Culvers, do it ASAP. That shit is awesome.

If you really get adventurous, check out that candy barn in Jordan which also has a bunch of pop and baked goods. (Bobak posted a video about it years back)

I've tried them all and Sprechers is good stuff. Culvers is amazing too.
Haven't tried Spring Grove yet though. Next time I grocery shop I will have to try it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I was raging - 8 years sober now tho.

Good for you man. It sounds benign comparatively speaking, but I drink just about any liquid other than alcohol non-stop when I'm not working, and my teeth show it. I could see myself being an alcoholic easy that way. I haven't had alcohol in like, 1 year at least.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Trader Joe's carries a really solid 4 bottle pack of Vintage Root Beer, their own brand, no HFCS, just real sugar. I do agree MUG is crap, your wallet, tastebuds, and time get mugged drinking that shit. A&W, IBC, Dad's, even Barq's I love far more and I recall Hires being nice as well but aren't they dead?

It's a lost thing, but I noticed in the last few years quietly and slowly with the name/formula bought up it's coming back, but from the 1980s the New York Seltzer Company is back and they had a really badass rootbeer flavored seltzer I loved to drink a lot.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Sure, but that doesn't work - at least not for me. It's a gateway. You drink 3 of those and then stop - you convince yourself you could do the same with regular beer then too - except you can't...and then you start the cycle over. I tried NA beer the first time I quit drinking - and that's exactly what happened.
Ah, I see. Wise to steer clear then. Much respect for what you're doing!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
My fave for hot days is apple or orange juice with lots of cool (not ice cold, makes you sweat even more) water (1 quarter to 3 quarters). Normal water, not carbonated mineral water, I like carbonated soft drinks but it's no good on really hot days.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Cold seltzer. Carbonation helps me forget.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Eggnog soda? Where the fuck do they sell that? (I HAVE TO TRY IT!)

I just drink down a 1/2 gal. carton of Newman's Own Lemonade.

Though a can of coke from the freezer (not long enough to be frozen), put that right on the back of your neck, then pop the tab and guzzle it down.... is fucking sweet.

You chug dick.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
This is also really good too

image.jpeg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
A chilled Perrier or Pink Grapefruit 100% Direktsaft, if chilled is not an option. My inner slacker becomes a snob when it comes down to simple refreshments.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This guy knows what's up. Shower beers are fucking fantastic.

I'm talking a hot ass day, your shirt is drenched with sweat, the sun is beating your ass down, you get home immediately take off all your clothes, and then hop in a shower with that cold as ice beer and just drink it while the water showers all over you. Yeah man that hits the fuckin spot right there

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Here it's only 100 in the Sauna and that is in Celsius scale. Therefore my choice is beer!

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
It's 100 degrees today. This only happens about 3-4 seasons a year.

FFTX. But to answer your question, for short periods (lawn mowing), ice water. If I'm dog-tired (working out, lots of yard work), cold grape sports drink.

Beer is only if I don't have anything else to do for the day. It makes me sleepy and kills any focus I might have for something important.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
root beer and gatorade is on my list of all the things i want to try for when i get to the states.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
You don't have Gatorade? Any but fruit punch'll do you good.

lol so fruit punch is a no go?. i've never seen gatorade here, but i am intrigued by the off key coloured ones like blue and green. i want to try arctic blitz, icy charge, glacier freeze, cool blue and lime cucumber.