POLL: 100 degrees / Most refreshing

Your refreshment of choice on a hot day

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Sip a Pepsi or Coke, with a twist of lime.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It all depends, I guess. It's been pretty nasty here (high 90s, high humidity) and I'm still training for a triathlon that's coming up this Sat. That means I was out running 5K sets in the thick of it all last week and it was silly hot.

In those cases, only water will do. Nearly anything else tastes like cough syrup. I'm nice I've had some water, some gatoraid will do nicely.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Gassed bottled water. All the CO2 refreshing with none of the sugar of the sodas :)

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Usually ice water on a work week but on weekends definitely a ice cold beer, nothing beats it.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
On a hot day nothing like a lemon flavour ice slushy, problem is, i alway's drink them too fast and get a splitting headache.
When on hol's last it was hitting low 40's mid afternoon and there was nothing quite like sitting under a parasol at a bar on the beachfront chugging back a few pints of freezing cold kopperburg strawberry and lime cider.

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
100? It's 116 right now in Tempe, AZ!!!

116 degrees of dry heat compared to 100 degrees of VERY humid heat.... Uh I'll take the 116 of dry heat, just keep hydrated though.

Also: I voted for cold beer, because a cold beer is always good!

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Gassed bottled water. All the CO2 refreshing with none of the sugar of the sodas :)

You just triggered me back when I was in Kazakhstan and all I wanted was a water, just one bottle, and I couldn't tell which ones were carbonated and which weren't.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Sober now, but I do miss that carbonation when really thirsty - so beer is out, and soda is too sweet to chug, so I try to have Perrier on hand in the summer.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Back when I needed it, Arizona Green Tea nice and cold.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Death is the only reprieve.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Sober now, but I do miss that carbonation when really thirsty - so beer is out, and soda is too sweet to chug, so I try to have Perrier on hand in the summer.
don't you have alcohol free beer in the states? I like to drink that... doesn't really taste like beer, but it's quite refreshing and isotonic...

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
don't you have alcohol free beer in the states? I like to drink that... doesn't really taste like beer, but it's quite refreshing and isotonic...

Sure, but that doesn't work - at least not for me. It's a gateway. You drink 3 of those and then stop - you convince yourself you could do the same with regular beer then too - except you can't...and then you start the cycle over. I tried NA beer the first time I quit drinking - and that's exactly what happened.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm in the cold water camp, not really much into drinking when it's super hot out. mjmjjjjmjmmj: have you tried club soda? I gave up regular soda/pop/whatever in 2004, now when I want a bubbly fix club soda hits the spot!

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I love soda, so I will have to go with that.

Polar brand seltzer has a great variety of flavors these days. They are really good and have surprisingly strong flavor. They almost taste sweet too; I think it's because I'm used to associating said flavors with sugar. (these don't have any sweetener) The watermelon one definitely feels like a summer flavor.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member

You need to try Topo Chicos. Optionally add a lime or lemon.

Also, San Pellegrinos are awesome.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I gave up getting drunk in 03 due to meds.

I'll have a beer rarely because I really want another. It's better for me just to pass if there's another option.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
721203d62897316707c6cf2acb5a4d38.jpg

This right now, last year it was surge, next I'm sure it will be crystal Pepsi or whatever other 90s nostalgic drink they put in my head and I can't say no to.

Other drinks on super hot days that won't give me diabetes I drink are propel and crystal light.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Polar brand seltzer has a great variety of flavors these days. They are really good and have surprisingly strong flavor. They almost taste sweet too; I think it's because I'm used to associating said flavors with sugar. (these don't have any sweetener) The watermelon one definitely feels like a summer flavor.

I'll have to try the watermelon variety. I stock up a ton, so here's my summer flavor.

Egg-Nog-Polar-Seltzer.jpg