Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Mega Edition ordered, can't wait to receive. i do agree with Zaneiken though... 19 GBP for shipping to Aus was rough :eek:

Once it arrives I'm sure I'll forget about the shipping :)

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've had the morning to reflect on my collectors edition order and decided to upgrade to the Mega Edition in the end, the gold bling matches the spine of the book better...OCD I know. Great customer service from Bitmap books for sorting it out for me so quickly. Can't wait for September now!

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Looks like the Mega editions are gone now. The previews look fantastic, looking forward to read what you guys have put together. :D

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Slept through open of preorders and missed out on mega. Let me know if anyone cancels theirs, because I'm in for one of those if there are more. At least I have a collectors one.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
not cool enough for the Mega, got a Collector's version should be a good read.

Jontox

Quiz Detective
Collector's edition ordered this morning. Mission Accomplished !

Congratulation Frazer99 and whoever contributed to this book (Bitmap Brothers as well of course).

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Ordered the collector edition,missed out on the Mega edition:(

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Well shit the mega edition sold out before i even woke up. I guess it is the CE for me. I assume there will be no more mega editions?

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
+1 for collector's edition. Looking forward to getting my hands on it. I have bitmap's NES book, and it's high-quality. I expect more of the same, should be great.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Pre-order already :)

Very happy to see Neogeo book in high and premium quality ;)

Thanks Frazer for best ...

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Well shit the mega edition sold out before i even woke up. I guess it is the CE for me. I assume there will be no more mega editions?

No more Mega editions are planned. Collectors edition is also only available to pre-order.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Already sorted as you know mate, but when do the preorders close for those that may still want a collector's edition?

frazer99

20 Year Member
Already sorted as you know mate, but when do the preorders close for those that may still want a collector's edition?

I'll check and confirm but I expect it to be the start of September for pre-orders to close so open for about 8 weeks.

_2xs

War Room Troll
The Mega Edition ist quite a rip-off. I have seen T-Shirts for less money. Same goes for Collectors Edition. 5 coloured A4 prints... thats a value of more or less 5,- $. I went with the normal version. Im interested in the Story and such. The Last Book alike this, I bought was about the history of roleplaying. Im hoping for such quality.

On the other hand its printed a Neo Geo Seal on it, so people loose there mind. Reminds me on the 3 issues of the Neo Geo Club magazins which are probably sold for 600,- € plus.

Last edited:

frazer99

20 Year Member
The Mega Edition ist quite a rip-off. I have seen T-Shirts for less money. Same goes for Collectors Edition. 5 coloured A4 prints... thats a value of more or less 5,- $. I went with the normal version. Im interested in the Story and such. The Last Book alike this, I bought was about the history of roleplaying. Im hoping for such quality.

On the other hand its printed a Neo Geo Seal on it, so people loose there mind. Reminds me on the 3 issues of the Neo Geo Club magazins which are probably sold for 600,- € plus.

The thing your missing is the slip case - these are really quite expensive to produce. Having seen the mock up and seen the quality first hand, the pricing is justifiable. With regards to the T-Shirts, if you can buy an SNK licensed T-Shirt outside of Japan for less than 20.00GBP (delivered) then please share the details with us all.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Reminds me on the 3 issues of the Neo Geo Club magazins which are probably sold for 600,- € plus.

NeoGeo Club magazine is 18 issues (+2 bonus ones) ,are you referring to a specific auction/deal for just 3 of them?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
frazer - congrats on selling out all the Mega Editions, good to see there's enough people interested to buy.

Fuck off faggot

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The thing your missing is the slip case - these are really quite expensive to produce. Having seen the mock up and seen the quality first hand, the pricing is justifiable. With regards to the T-Shirts, if you can buy an SNK licensed T-Shirt outside of Japan for less than 20.00GBP (delivered) then please share the details with us all.

Frazer... You should know by now...

NEVER FEED TEH TROLLZ!

Why explain yourself when you're doing something cool for the community... They buy it... or they don't...

xROTx

PS. When ya' wanna bulldoze something through... never explain:D

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
The Mega Edition sold out already so what's the point in discussion anyway ;)

However, I would have preferred just a simple official licensed Neo Geo T-Shirt. Maybe just with the gold print Neo Geo logo and a small "SNK" on the back under the neck. I don't really have a relation to the Memory Card dude, but well that's just me.

But I'm really looking forward to the art prints. These qualify for framing for sure!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Some people like to bitch...

Usually I don't mind too much... it's the NG.com way... HOWEVER, 12 month old member... 14 posts...

Bitchin' about infinitely better members than himself... WILL get you on my radar...

Unsure how you wanna take that I suppose...

xROTx

PS... to make this point clear... I am going to War Room Lock _2xs...

THAT'S What happens when you hit my radar.... (Time frame... undecided...)

frazer99

20 Year Member
The Mega Edition sold out already so what's the point in discussion anyway ;)

However, I would have preferred just a simple official licensed Neo Geo T-Shirt. Maybe just with the gold print Neo Geo logo and a small "SNK" on the back under the neck. I don't really have a relation to the Memory Card dude, but well that's just me.

But I'm really looking forward to the art prints. These qualify for framing for sure!

This is a fair point suicidekiller which is worth explaining a little further. In relation to the T-Shirts we originally had a few different designs but some of these were too similar to currently licensed T-Shirts or those where licences had been granted but not announced at that time, such as the Fangamer shirts so ultimately the Memory Card Boy was something which hadn't been previously licensed by SNK.

frazer99

20 Year Member
frazer - congrats on selling out all the Mega Editions, good to see there's enough people interested to buy.

Thanks, yeah and from what we can tell the 1 per customer rule meant the Mega editions made it into the hands of those who wanted them and not to resellers.

frazer99

20 Year Member
Frazer... You should know by now...

NEVER FEED TEH TROLLZ!

Why explain yourself when you're doing something cool for the community... They buy it... or they don't...

xROTx

PS. When ya' wanna bulldoze something through... never explain:D

Yeah fair enough Rot. I shouldn't have taken the bait. Seriously though, these slipcases are a work of art.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yeah fair enough Rot. I shouldn't have taken the bait. Seriously though, these slipcases are a work of art.

Multi Quote....

Thanks, yeah and from what we can tell the 1 per customer rule meant the Mega editions made it into the hands of those who wanted them and not to resellers.

Multi Quote... the REVENGE...

This is a fair point suicidekiller which is worth explaining a little further. In relation to the T-Shirts we originally had a few different designs but some of these were too similar to currently licensed T-Shirts or those where licences had been granted but not announced at that time, such as the Fangamer shirts so ultimately the Memory Card Boy was something which hadn't been previously licensed by SNK.

FFS...

xROTx