Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
8z4TQfw.jpg

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Looks good!

Not sure which edition I'm going to get. Most likely the "collector's" edition.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Very great :)

No doubt, I will take all 3 collections. Thanks Frazer for nice neogeo book.

Regards,
Saad

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
design looks great! and preorders will start from July 3rd, pretty soon.
I want to get one, but I wonder if there are a lot of photos and little written content. Can we know what are the sections covered?
I just would like to avoid getting the Mega edition and find out afterwards that 99% of the book are pictures :) - but well it's called "a visual history", so it might actually happen :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Will there be an option to buy extra art prints and bumper stickers?
Wouldn't want to break up a collectors/mega edition just to pimp my car or apartment. :keke: [and I certainly can't affort two]

//EDIT:
I want to get one, but I wonder if there are a lot of photos and little written content. Can we know what are the sections covered?
do you read threads before you post in them?
[1, 2, 3]

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
The editions are looking great, Frazer. I'll definitely be placing my pre-order on the 3rd July. I'm cheap, so I'll probably just be going for the standard edition, but I really can't wait to look through the thing.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'm getting ready to start releasing information on something pretty crazy I came across earlier this year. I won an auction on Yahoo.jp for a folder of what looked like copied art of Samurai Spirits.

It wasn't just copied art...

It belonged to an SNK staffer who, most likely, worked in the marketing department. It contains a few pieces of original pencil art from the game and a never before seen design of a character. It also had several pieces of internal development documents.

There are roughly 160 pages (including duplicates). I have spent the last few months researching all SS published art books, guides, mags, etc to verify published and unpublished photos. I'm still working on organizing everything and will probably start releasing photos early next week.

I mention it here because a few pieces of this folder appear in the book. Including one never published or seen before.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That is fucking outstanding NTM. Can't wait to see them.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Fantastic find, NTM! Sounds like this was some surprise for you, guessing an auction that didn't describe this in any kind of detail. Couldn't have landed in better hands. Thanks for sharing this.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I would say a big "thank you" to Brian, he really puled all his strings and provided quite fantastic material for the book...you are the man!

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Looks fantastic! Very much looking forward to it!

Question: Is there any reason to set my alarm for Monday morning to order, if I'm not going for the high roller limited edition but the middle one? Will there be some early bird pricing or something? I have to shamefully admit to not having bought from bitmap books before.

So it will simply be listed in their store on Monday morning, yes?

frazer99

20 Year Member
Looks fantastic! Very much looking forward to it!

Question: Is there any reason to set my alarm for Monday morning to order, if I'm not going for the high roller limited edition but the middle one? Will there be some early bird pricing or something? I have to shamefully admit to not having bought from bitmap books before.

So it will simply be listed in their store on Monday morning, yes?

There is no early bird pricing but the 'middle one' and Mega Edition are only available to pre-order. With regards to setting your alarm, there are a set amount of copies that are scheduled for printing so if it really does go crazy on Monday morning then yes they could sell out. I assume this would lead to a second print run in due course. The books will be listed at 7am on the 3rd.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Thank you for the overview! I'll try to be there as soon as I can then. :)

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

I'm really pleased with the 2 collectors offerings, exactly what I was after. I will try for a mega and a collectors but may have to settle for 2 collectors if I'm not quick enough off the mark. :D

Last edited:

frazer99

20 Year Member
I'm really pleased with the 2 collectors offerings, exactly what I was after. I will try for a mega and a collectors but may have to settle for 2 collectors if I'm not quick enough off the mark. :D

Glad to hear you like them. Everything is now set for Monday morning and the launch of the pre-orders.