Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The Mega Edition ist quite a rip-off. I have seen T-Shirts for less money. Same goes for Collectors Edition. 5 coloured A4 prints... thats a value of more or less 5,- $. I went with the normal version. Im interested in the Story and such. The Last Book alike this, I bought was about the history of roleplaying. Im hoping for such quality.

On the other hand its printed a Neo Geo Seal on it, so people loose there mind. Reminds me on the 3 issues of the Neo Geo Club magazins which are probably sold for 600,- € plus.

knob-jockey :thevt:

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks, yeah and from what we can tell the 1 per customer rule meant the Mega editions made it into the hands of those who wanted them and not to resellers.

fingers crossed that's the case and that most went to members/enthusiasts. I for one am very pleased to have secured the Mega. I might also grab a regular collectors one as an extra for a friend.

I had an order in for a Mega at 7:01 AM on launch day. Incredibly hyped to see the finished article. Congratulations to Frazer, and Sam at Bitmap Books for making it happen.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Super bummed that the Mega was sold out before I woke up to have a chance to nab one. Was really looking forward to it.

Oh well, CE it is then.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Wow, I need to come to this part of the forum more often! This project looks awesome, and in an ironic twist, I just got my first Bitmap Books book yesterday (Super Famicom Box Art book). Too bad there aren't more of those Mega editions to go around, but I ordered the CE at least. I'm glad I stumbled across this thread :D

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Wish I could have afforded and jumped on the mega but might go for the mid range level

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
though super busy atm and chronically low on teh moneizzz I managed to preorder a Mega Edition. I did it all for the slip case. GOLD!

Anyone want to trade the shirt and pin for his/her bumper stickers (+cash) or just want to buy those from me?
TBH I have no use for them... the "bigger badder better" sticker would look fresh on our way too large car though (a red Opel Combo C) :keke:

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
though super busy atm and chronically low on teh moneizzz I managed to preorder a Mega Edition. I did it all for the slip case. GOLD!

Anyone want to trade the shirt and pin for his/her bumper stickers (+cash) or just want to buy those from me?
TBH I have no use for them... the "bigger badder better" sticker would look fresh on our way too large car though (a red Opel Combo C) :keke:

I'd take you up on that. I'd buy the all extra's from you bruva. If you can ask for a XXL t-shirt that would be awesome.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'd take you up on that. I'd buy the all extra's from you bruva. If you can ask for a XXL t-shirt that would be awesome.
To be clear: I'm just looking to sell the shirt and pin. I want to keep the art prints & stickers.
If anyone would like to trade/sell their "Bigger Badder Better" sticker, that would be awesome, as I could stick that on our car.*

//EDIT:
*I'm not going to do that unless I have an extra sticker, as the car will be sold sooner than later (diesel-powered, so likely to be banned from cities in the near future).

Last edited:

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yeah fair enough Rot. I shouldn't have taken the bait. Seriously though, these slipcases are a work of art.

1. Is there. Any chance the slip case deluxe editions will be made available again?

2. The website seems to only offer Pay Pal as payment. No credit card options?

3. How about offering a .PDF copy free with a physical purchase so you can enjoy the book on the go too?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
For all those who missed out on the Mega Edition...

Frazer says he thinks the signed copy that we are raffling will be a Mega Edition...

It's gonna be sent to the US guys to sign first... then the UK Guys... then some Japanese guys...

Z'OMG!

Anyway, the only thing that concerns me is I've seen how NTM spell his name... I'm hoping he can sign his name without using the term.. "Gordo.."

xROTx

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
1. Is there. Any chance the slip case deluxe editions will be made available again?

2. The website seems to only offer Pay Pal as payment. No credit card options?

3. How about offering a .PDF copy free with a physical purchase so you can enjoy the book on the go too?

These are questions for Bitmap Books really (sam@bitmapbooks.co.uk) but i'd say that:

1. Very unlikely there will be another reprint of the Mega Editions.

2. If you go to the checkout rather than clicking the PayPal button there should be other payment options.

3. I believe these will only be physical books - no digital copy planned.

For all those who missed out on the Mega Edition...

Frazer says he thinks the signed copy that we are raffling will be a Mega Edition...

It's gonna be sent to the US guys to sign first... then the UK Guys... then some Japanese guys...

Z'OMG!

Anyway, the only thing that concerns me is I've seen how NTM spell his name... I'm hoping he can sign his name without using the term.. "Gordo.."

xROTx

Yes confirmed that this is a Mega edition that you'll be raffling Rot.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Looking forward to checking this out, I just ordered the regular hobo edition.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Also picked up a copy of the collectors edition to send to a mate. Glad to see this is selling so well after everybody's efforts !

kevlo9

New Challenger
Picked up the Collector's Edition....looks awesome! Can't wait to get this!

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
After 10 years of not visiting these forums, and thinking this would be dead, I find this nice thread and myself spending money Neo Geo items once again. Pre-Ordered the Collector’s edition, too bad I’m late for the Mega one.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Pre-ordered. Can't wait to get this book for my favorite system!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Pre-ordered a little time ago, am anxious to sense the paper, smell the print and feel the weight. Such an anti-digital obsession...

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Pre-ordered a little time ago, am anxious to sense the paper, smell the print and feel the weight. Such an anti-digital obsession...

The weight of the book with case is around 2 kilos..so you can always pick up something of a similar weight, close your eyes and pretend...

I should be getting a sample copy very soon.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The weight of the book with case is around 2 kilos..so you can always pick up something of a similar weight, close your eyes and pretend...

51gzTdi5HXL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

WILL DO!... Dem Nipplez...

xROTx

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

Make sure you wear white gloves when you turn the pages so not to get any moisture on them.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Make sure you wear white gloves when you turn the pages so not to get any moisture on them.

Lamuna, plz. Acids in your hands could damage it through a glove. I want it to last forever so the last one alive on ng.com can be buried with it. I just hope frazer's not as fat as the...

Spoiler:
tumblr_inline_oe24uw7BEf1t0ijhl_500.gif

...Comic Book Guy ;).