NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (XBLA) - June 9th

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
Had a chance to gave this funky little fighter a spin yesterday and was pleasantly surprised, well done port.
well worth the $10 they ask for it.

Clessy

Banned
Fucking shit sucks I cant get to play online because my roomate needs to be using psn and playing monster hunter 3 at the same fucking time constantly. I was enjoying the awesome connection all day yesterday and now I cant even play a ranked match or i will automatically lose. And i've gotten better so i'd like to not be 0/4 anymore and win some damn matches.

Spoonman1

Overtop Pathfinder
In the trial version I thought there was a rather garish disparity between the blockyness of the sprites and the smoothness of the BGs. There's no filtering option in the trial mode so I'm presuming it's switched off.

The filter for the characters is also available in the Trial version of the game, just change the focus to "soft" and you're good to go.

Last edited:

riskVSreward

Rugal's Thug
I'm having good fun with this game. This is the first time I've really played it aside from a few hours with a friend way back when he imported it for PS2 and it's a lot of fun. Although it needs more Duck King, I've been finding a great deal of the roster playable. I haven't tried online yet because I want to know some bnbs for my characters before I start getting owned.

Does anyone know how to fight King Lion in Arcade? I've faced the other 3 bosses and I have no idea how to get to him.

Clessy

Banned
I'm having good fun with this game. This is the first time I've really played it aside from a few hours with a friend way back when he imported it for PS2 and it's a lot of fun. Although it needs more Duck King, I've been finding a great deal of the roster playable. I haven't tried online yet because I want to know some bnbs for my characters before I start getting owned.

Does anyone know how to fight King Lion in Arcade? I've faced the other 3 bosses and I have no idea how to get to him.

How do you fight anyone becides mu something (the guy who is projectile hell)

riskVSreward

Rugal's Thug
I figured it all out. It depends on how many DA attacks you do throughout the story mode. It's qcf + change (the button that tags in your other guy)

0-2 = Mizoguchi
3 = King Lion
4-5 = Neo Deo
6+ = Goodman

Seeing as how King Leon requires specifically 3 DA attacks, it's no wonder why he was the only one who eluded me. The other ones have a wider range of required DAs.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The Last Resort shooter stage is NOT in this version of the game.

Well, to be more precise, I was in Practice mode yesterday and fiddled with all the backgrounds and it was not a selectable BG. All other BGs were instantly selectable, including Goodman's. So I have to believe it's not in the XBLA version, whatever the reason may be.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Good to hear net play on this isn't crap. I might have to pick it up now

I figured it all out. It depends on how many DA attacks you do throughout the story mode. It's qcf + change (the button that tags in your other guy)

0-2 = Mizoguchi
3 = King Lion
4-5 = Neo Deo
6+ = Goodman

Seeing as how King Leon requires specifically 3 DA attacks, it's no wonder why he was the only one who eluded me. The other ones have a wider range of required DAs.

Thanks for the heads up, i wondered how to do it. Cheers bud.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
The Last Resort shooter stage is NOT in this version of the game.

Well, to be more precise, I was in Practice mode yesterday and fiddled with all the backgrounds and it was not a selectable BG. All other BGs were instantly selectable, including Goodman's. So I have to believe it's not in the XBLA version, whatever the reason may be.

Damn, that's too bad. I was thinking of selling off my PS2 version and replacing it with the XBLA one.

I really don't care anymore about the physical aspects of game collecting (complete, mint games with all inserts etc.) but a missing stage is a kind of a noticeable gap.

Clessy

Banned
Ionno from the last time I played my ps2 version I felt that there was more than just 1 missing stage. Playing the XBLA you even kinda feel like they're not enough stages. About 5 of them and then tons of color swaps.

Can anyone confirm the requirements for meeting the bosses? I have tried the DA attack route but i always get the same boss. Do you have to win every fight before the boss without continues or is there something else i am not doing?

Clessy

Banned
It works. Make sure you're not dying at all. No character can die.

Also that 6+ shit for goodman is shit. It has to be 6 excatly.

It works. Make sure you're not dying at all. No character can die.

Also that 6+ shit for goodman is shit. It has to be 6 excatly.

Ah i see! I had no continues but thinking back one of my chars did lose so thats probably it. Cheers for confirming. * runs off to try *

riskVSreward

Rugal's Thug
Sup guys, I forgot to mention you can't use any continues (and possibly not lose any guys at all) to get to Goodman. I'm not sure if the other bosses have a certain continue allotment. Just do the right amount of DA's without losing anybody, ever. If you get a game over, just start all over, its not hard to get to the boss without dying. You can use continues once getting to the boss however. So I recommend using the "Opponent has 1/4 life" option once Goodman beats your ass. :lolz:

About the stages, I read that all of the 2d stages were removed in keeping with the games new look.

If anyone wants to get some games on, my GT is riskVSreward.

Mizuchi. Mizoguchi is the guy from FHD.
Lol, you've exposed me for the FHD mark that I am.

Last edited:

BatManG85

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Sup guys, I forgot to mention you can't use any continues (and possibly not lose any guys at all) to get to Goodman. I'm not sure if the other bosses have a certain continue allotment. Just do the right amount of DA's without losing anybody, ever. If you get a game over, just start all over, its not hard to get to the boss without dying. You can use continues once getting to the boss however. So I recommend using the "Opponent has 1/4 life" option once Goodman beats your ass. :lolz:

About the stages, I read that all of the 2d stages were removed in keeping with the games new look.

If anyone wants to get some games on, my GT is riskVSreward.

Lol, you've exposed me for the FHD mark that I am.

beat 12 teams
6-8 double assaults
and between both guys have at least 50-60% of your energy.

Thats all u need :)

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Got all boss beat accomplishments yesterday.

I forgot how much ass some of those bosses were. They are just recockulous.

All in all, though, I'm really rediscovering this game all over again. It's quite fun.

Next up: survival mode achievement!