Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

sales

n00b
Did I miss a good deal?
A seller was selling these games and two arcade stick controllers for around 250€ ($330):
S0qcg.jpg

Seller was living in another part of Germany than I, and he didn't want to wait the 3 weeks there was until I was in the area.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Did I miss a good deal?
A seller was selling these games and two arcade stick controllers for around 250€ ($330):
S0qcg.jpg

Seller was living in another part of Germany than I, and he didn't want to wait the 3 weeks there was until I was in the area.
Last Resort + Top Hunter + Sengoku 2 alone are worth more than the whole asking price so.. yes, you missed a VERY GOOD deal

sales

n00b
For real (!?) :spock:

You missed one hell of a deal, sales.

Damnit. I'm new to the Neo Geo world, but I thought so.
I did have a feeling at first that the seller might be scamming, but he had no problems meeting in person and I found a post from 2006 on a German forum, where he used the same image to show of his collection.

On another note, here's a guy selling a Rit Legno Globetrotter cab (+ some other arcade cab) for 200€ total: link. He is in the south-western part of Germany.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
@sales: aha, da war ich wohl nicht der Einzige der darauf 'reingefallen' ist. Ich habe ihm geschrieben, dass ich die Spiele nehme und sie persönlich abole. Ende vom Lied: Er meldet sich nicht mehr ;) Bin mir recht sicher, dass es Betrug war/ist.

Kannst Du mal den Link posten, in welchem das Forum das Bild aufgetaucht ist?

Last edited:

sales

n00b
@sales: aha, da war ich wohl nicht der Einzige der darauf 'reingefallen' ist. Ich habe ihm geschrieben, dass ich die Spiele nehme und sie persönlich abole. Ende vom Lied: Er meldet sich nicht mehr ;) Bin mir recht sicher, dass es Betrug war/ist.

Kannst Du mal den Link posten, in welchem das Forum das Bild aufgetaucht ist?

Phew, I'm glad that this might've been a scam afterall - I didn't want to have missed such a deal.

here is where I found the higher resolution image of the games. It's post no. 19.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Thanks for the link. I wrote to the seller again, let's see what happens - but I guess nothing after all.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Rare cart in low price is very lucky for someone who meet but no often to find. Maybe one time in life can meet. Since 1997, my friend who was owner of English Slug met cart in rent V.D.O game and bought only $100 (complete insert, manual and cart in excellent condition) but he sold $3,000 next time. No point to talk about first price because it's in the past ;)

Last edited:

dan3skate

Quiz Detective
The edges of the cart label are square on the ebay pic and rounded on the archive pic.. Its too hard to compare colors of photos, the plastic sleeve can take away from the vibrancy of the colors significantly depending on its condition and angle the photo is taken at. But the label looks off, bootleggers have the same trouble with nintendo carts, only a die cut sticker with rounded corners will look accurate.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Besides, there's something weird. One of the metallic inserts is white, while they are usually green.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
The edges of the cart label are square on the ebay pic and rounded on the archive pic.. Its too hard to compare colors of photos, the plastic sleeve can take away from the vibrancy of the colors significantly depending on its condition and angle the photo is taken at. But the label looks off, bootleggers have the same trouble with nintendo carts, only a die cut sticker with rounded corners will look accurate.

The corners are rounded in the ebay photo. Use the magnifying tool thing to zoom in on them.

T. J.エs shanty

Zero's Secretary
I guess, you are talking about the pcbs. i have seen that a couple of times on legit carts, its actually pretty common...

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
I thought it's fake. Look from manual, line of left block is disappear and color of insert, it's not sharp and far from original color.
Also the manual seems to have staples placed in the wrong position...