Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Sorry, I didnt see your thread. By the time I even saw this auction it was already over 6500 GBP, so I sadly cannot even bid on it. :(

"...collection would be advised. Even if you're from overseas :)"
So you should add a travel to UK to the shipping costs. ;)

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Last week there was an auction for every MVS game in shockboxes for $10k.
With no surprise it disappeared. I bet this is just some show off auction it will be removed.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Don't know, but someone ask the seller to check personally the auction. It will go furter then 10k.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
In a series of Ebay auctions I'm finding that sellers on Ebay are not only trying to get top dollar for their MVS carts but they are also trying to screw over anyone that isn't from the US with $30 extra in shipping fees...I am flabbergasted. Especially considering that I just had a MVS kit sent over with the mailing cost being about $8...Ebay sellers really know how to load the back end of their auctions to fuck with people :/

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
No...no..no..no...
When posting items abroad after selling on eBAY,it is imperative that you post the item via EMS so that the item can be tracked every step of the way. If you do not post your item abroad in that manner you leave yourself open to a chargeback. EMS postage via USPS for an MVS kit is approximately 35 USD - 38 USD. eBAY will deduct a percentage from that charge,eBAY deducts normal end of sale fees and they also charge fees via PayPal so they're getting there piece of the pie.
BB

In a series of Ebay auctions I'm finding that sellers on Ebay are not only trying to get top dollar for their MVS carts but they are also trying to screw over anyone that isn't from the US with $30 extra in shipping fees...I am flabbergasted. Especially considering that I just had a MVS kit sent over with the mailing cost being about $8...Ebay sellers really know how to load the back end of their auctions to fuck with people :/

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
No...no..no..no...
When posting items abroad after selling on eBAY,it is imperative that you post the item via EMS so that the item can be tracked every step of the way. If you do not post your item abroad in that manner you leave yourself open to a chargeback. EMS postage via USPS for an MVS kit is approximately 35 USD - 38 USD. eBAY will deduct a percentage from that charge,eBAY deducts normal end of sale fees and they also charge fees via PayPal so they're getting there piece of the pie.
BB

Hmm...I guess this makes sense as a way for ebay'ers to cover their asses against people trying to scam a seller...I'm just disappointed that there are certain games that end up out of reach cause a good deal becomes a financial heartbreak instead.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
I see that as expected the 100 cart ebay auction has been cancelled. I had placed a few bids and had asked to go see the collection, when the guy finally got back to me I said i wouldn't be bidding further as i'd heard some rumours about him/his collection. (Info found in the other thread regarding the collection on here, though I didn't tell hime that) He then messaged back wanting to know what was being said, I didn't reply though as if it was this Mark Starkey I didn't want to feed his ego that people were still discussing him.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
That seller has a wide range of AES games like that, all with a cover pic of the game and without cart.