magician lord mvs rare?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Just bought this game from member neo-geo-mvs today for £35 inc postage, so it can be had for a reasonable price off decent members.

Just saw that in your Wanted thread. Congrats on the pickup. It does seem that Europe has more MVS games for sale lately, and at better prices to boot.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Just bought this game from member neo-geo-mvs today for £35 inc postage, so it can be had for a reasonable price off decent members.

Dave's a top guy, nice pickup.
I gave my last copy away to a good friend :-)

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
My original point wasn't actually about the price, but rather about whether or not it's still a common cart, since I never see it for sale... Anyways, recon a fair few spot on points have been made. Just interesting to me that this is one of the carts that seems to have shot up in price, shame, as it looks like fun, not worth silly money fun, but fun none the less...

You want a ML cart. PM NEO YAHTZEE.

You want to talk rising prices. Read his ML FS Thread.

Truth of the matter is: An item is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Thing is: Everyone sees a couple of eBay idgits pay $100 for a ML cart: then, everyone starts talking that thier ML cart is worth $100.

The irony is: What if those eBay idgets were willing to pay $200 for that one ML cart. Then does that means the sellers left $100 on the table? Or, does that now mean that Loose ML MVS carts are now worth more than ML MVS KITS and ML AES Carts? :lolz:

Something else to think about: What if the next several loose ML carts sell for $25. Does that mean those eBay idgets overpayed by $75, or the sellers left $75 on the table? :scratch:

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
What makes me laugh is how the MVS bare cart regardless of condition is now selling for DOUBLE what the AES CIB cost :lolz:

Im noticing this is starting to happen with a lot of MVS games. Not just that but by the time you buy a shock box, insert and possibly these new shells being produced your better off just going for the Jap AES versions.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Why is the mvs version rarer/more held into/harder to get than the aes version? You´d think there would be more people with aes than with arcade hardware.
MVS carts still have the advantage of being cheaper (usually) and housing the entire Neo catalog. So MVS continues to rise in popularity, more people scoop up carts & the popular games see lower supply & higher demand.

theMot

10 Year Member
Truth of the matter is: An item is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Thing is: Everyone sees a couple of eBay idgits pay $100 for a ML cart: then, everyone starts talking that thier ML cart is worth $100.

You just contradicted yourself there. Those "ebay idiots" are the market at the end of the day, if they are willing to pay that much for it then that is what it is worth. You will get the odd result here of there of course but if you average it out over say 10-20 sales if that's what it is going for then thats what it is worth.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's part of the market. Thus the market.

Put your money where your mouth is. Take your most expensive MVS game and list it for 99 cents starting price for a 5 day auction and then take what you get, no reserve. If ebay is the market then you will have no problem getting the price you want for your items.

We all know ebay isn't consistent at all. Some days you can get MVS games for $0.99 cents, I once got one for $0.01 cent.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
We all know ebay isn't consistent at all. Some days you can get MVS games for $0.99 cents, I once got one for $0.01 cent.
So true, I've gotten Neo CD games for .99 and the shipping is 4 bucks lol.

theMot

10 Year Member
There is more Neo Geo stuff for sale and selling on Ebay right now then there is available on every website and retro games shops in the whole world. It's significant.

The fact you can get a lot of the stuff cheaper here if your patient is a moot point. It's like saying my friend who is a builder can build me a house cheaper then if I went to a commercial builder to do it. It's not a fair gauge of what it's really costing to do it.

theMot

10 Year Member
that makes no sense. .

if it is part of the market then it is part of the market. not THE market.

The market is made up of a variety of different markets.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
There is more Neo Geo stuff for sale and selling on Ebay right now then there is available on every website and retro games shops in the whole world. It's significant.

The fact you can get a lot of the stuff cheaper here if your patient is a moot point. It's like saying my friend who is a builder can build me a house cheaper then if I went to a commercial builder to do it. It's not a fair gauge of what it's really costing to do it.
CBB7JEG.gif

theMot

10 Year Member
Put your money where your mouth is. Take your most expensive MVS game and list it for 99 cents starting price for a 5 day auction and then take what you get, no reserve. If ebay is the market then you will have no problem getting the price you want for your items.

It can be inconsistant yes but so can any commodity you buy. If Blazing star only sell on Ebay for $10-$20 for a while then that is all you are going to get for it. I have bought many investments over the years at well below market price so I had equity the day I plonked down the cash, if what I was buying though consistantly starts to be sold for less then yes, that is what it is worth.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Ebay is not the market.

I am surprised to hear you say that... whether we like or not eBay is where a hell of alot of buyers shop... therefore the price they are willing to pay must reflect the market value.

I remember when eBay first started up and games on there were so cheap and very plentiful...that has obviously changed now but that is mainly because eBay has allowed a far greater number of people access to stuff they wouldn't of normally know where to go and therefore demand is huge.

I don't at all agree with any of the very highly proceed BIN sales on eBay but take a look at completed auctions on ebay for Magician Lord... very consistent:

Feb-21 14:16 - $105.00 - 1 bid
Feb-17 12:55 - $117.50 - 6 bids
Jan-17 14:42 - $115.00 - 1 bid

What is odd is if you look at the completed BIN sales as many are lower than the auctions:

Feb-16 08:49 - $149.97
Jan-06 23:15 - $65.00
Dec-27 04:31 - $100.00

Last edited:

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Really not sure why the price for this particular game has increased so much recently. I had a couple last year and they took a while to sell at £30 each!

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Really not sure why the price for this particular game has increased so much recently. I had a couple last year and they took a while to sell at £30 each!
ngx n00bs with more money than brains overpaying, then trying to justify it

theMot

10 Year Member
ngx n00bs with more money than brains overpaying, then trying to justify it

So when your stocks or house value goes up is that also because of "n00bs" with no brains?

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I am surprised to hear you say that... whether we like or not eBay is where a hell of alot of buyers shop... therefore the price they are willing to pay must reflect the market value.

I remember when eBay first started up and games on there were so cheap and very plentiful...that has obviously changed now but that is mainly because eBay has allowed a far greater number of people access to stuff they wouldn't of normally know where to go and therefore demand is huge.

I don't at all agree with any of the very highly proceed BIN sales on eBay but take a look at completed auctions on ebay for Magician Lord... very consistent:

Feb-21 14:16 - $105.00 - 1 bid
Feb-17 12:55 - $117.50 - 6 bids
Jan-17 14:42 - $115.00 - 1 bid

What is odd is if you look at the completed BIN sales as many are lower than the auctions:

Feb-16 08:49 - $149.97
Jan-06 23:15 - $65.00
Dec-27 04:31 - $100.00

Rog, 1000 posts :buttrock:.
some crazy ML prices there :eek:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
..."ebay idiots" are the market at the end of the day, if they are willing to pay that much for it then that is what it is worth. You will get the odd result here of there of course but if you average it out over say 10-20 sales if that's what it is going for then thats what it is worth.

Nope, they are not "the market at the end of the day."

Smart money is not buying loose ML MVS carts for $100.00 a pop. New money is.

Review: Perceived Value.

I got 4 loose MVS carts with my last MV-2F (for $125, shipped): And you want to guess what one of the carts was ....

-------

Watch a few movies. Ask youself if you see any ST boards selling for $400 lately?

Last few I've seen all sold for <$225 (shipped). One even sold for $125 (shipped, iirc).

Avoid the Hype. The crash bits.

http://users.skynet.be/seb/WallStreet_Cover.jpg
http://content7.flixster.com/movie/10/87/05/10870529_det.jpg