lot of SNK PLAYMORE news

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Oh well, the never-ending debate... :rolleyes:

I think it's about time that SNK (or whatever they currently name themselves) moves to a modern hardware. This Atomiswave looks OK to me. I do agree they could make really nice looking 2D games. Yes, I would prefer they don't try to make 3D games. 2D games with 3D backgrounds are OK in my book, background are there just for aesthetic purposes anyway.

Just think of Capcom... They made a very good 2Darcade board, the CPS1. Some years later they improved it to the CPS2, more 2D goodness with improved graphics. After that, let's go to the CPS3. And when they wanted to do something different in "3D", they went all the way to Naomi.

Now let's just see SNK... They made a very good 2D system, the MVS... Then they make a 3D only one, the HNG 64 that is a failure... Then ... Well, you know... They are just releasing 3-4 games a year, nothing new at all (mostly KoFs, Metal Slugs and figting games...), that are bootlegged and the ROMZ released in no time... The arcade operators now don't care that much for the MVS.

It IS wise to move to a new hardware. Better graphics, no more memory restrictions, no bootlegs, no romz... They'll make more money, so we will see more games. And after that they can make perfects ports to DC, that's where the money is (and PS2 of course) in the home market, not the AES.

Yeah, Fran, start flaming me, but at least try to explain your point of view with more than 5 words, please... make_fac

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu:
Oh well, the never-ending debate... :rolleyes:

I think it's about time that SNK (or whatever they currently name themselves) moves to a modern hardware. This Atomiswave looks OK to me. I do agree they could make really nice looking 2D games. Yes, I would prefer they don't try to make 3D games. 2D games with 3D backgrounds are OK in my book, background are there just for aesthetic purposes anyway.

Just think of Capcom... They made a very good 2Darcade board, the CPS1. Some years later they improved it to the CPS2, more 2D goodness with improved graphics. After that, let's go to the CPS3. And when they wanted to do something different in "3D", they went all the way to Naomi.

Now let's just see SNK... They made a very good 2D system, the MVS... Then they make a 3D only one, the HNG 64 that is a failure... Then ... Well, you know... They are just releasing 3-4 games a year, nothing new at all (mostly KoFs, Metal Slugs and figting games...), that are bootlegged and the ROMZ released in no time... The arcade operators now don't care that much for the MVS.

It IS wise to move to a new hardware. Better graphics, no more memory restrictions, no bootlegs, no romz... They'll make more money, so we will see more games. And after that they can make perfects ports to DC, that's where the money is (and PS2 of course) in the home market, not the AES.

Yeah, Fran, start flaming me, but at least try to explain your point of view with more than 5 words, please... make_fac
i know better ways to waste my time

Maybe theres not any more money to be made in the arcade business after all... Look at Capcom, they quit arcades....and moved to release software for the Playstation 2, because that is where the money is after all. To be honest, 2D gaming has been reduced to Kofs, Metal Slugs and ummmm what else? If thats the future then its time to hara-kiri.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Fran:
dmhawkmoon:
Fran:
i am sure we'd prolly get along and all if we met

BUT

to come here and pray for the mvs hardware to die

because you're a next-gen systems fanboy

and want a shitty fake 3d kof

well,thats something idiotic to say the very least
Doesn't the gameplay matter more than anything?
yuou see,
people like you just can not understand

you bought a neo in 2001 or 2002
with slug 4
and you adore slug 4

so you obviously have no love for the 16-bit wonder

hendrix

similar to you

discovered snk games in 1999 through emulation

to you,they're just games like all the others

to me,
the neo and its games are something that cant be replaced

no new hardware,no 3d bullshit,no high res sadness

if the neo must die,then so be it

kof and all the other series must die with it

it's that simple

i'm probably part of a minority,
weird considering this should be the place where NEO GEO FANS abound

but the world is full of fools
Yes, you're right. They're just games to me, not a way of life or a symbol of an era. They're just really good videogames, most of them being timeless classics.

If they mean more to you than what they are then fine, whatever floats your boat.

But to say that you want to see KOF, SS, LB, AOF, FF, etc die with the Neo then I'm sorry, but that's just plain selfish.

By your logic SF should have died with what Hyper Fighting or whatever the last game was on the CPS1. Yet the best Street Fighter games came out on the CPS2.

I'm sorry but I'm a fan of good videogames, not a fan of big carts.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Fran:

i know better ways to waste my time [/QB][/QUOTE]

Wow, I had the honor to receive 8 words! :cool:

Seriosuly Fran, if you want to commit suicide after the Neo is dead just because you can't live without it, then go ahead.

I'm glad you are part of a minority. But for the rest of us, we mortals think that life must go on.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
JHendrix:
Yet the best Street Fighter games came out on the CPS2.
Kernow:
Yet the best Street Fighter games came out on the CPS3.
Well, in my opinion the best SF games were the original SF2 ones for the CPS 1 :rolleyes:

<small>[ July 11, 2003, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Amano Jacu ]</small>

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Fran:
yuou see,

with slug 4
and you adore slug 4

hendrix

similar to you

to me,

it's that simple

Sorry, you are the fool here. And a blind one to. So you LOVE the Neo and we "newbies" don't. Do you invite yor Neo to have dinner? Or do you fuck it? The TRUE Neo fan is not an elithist whore like you, but the one who really enjoys the games and want them to continue alive and available to the general public, not just to a bunch of AES collectors with more money than brains.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
amano,what a boring moron

yes,i fuck my neo
yes,i "go to dinner with it"

and hell yeah,i will commit suicide
pretty soon because there will be a 3d kof

and yes again,i'm a selfish collector with more money than brainz

you gotta hate people who just dont know what to say,
so they start to generalize and write daft things

amano,
you should focus on your inferiority complex first

then come back and post again

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
JHendrix:
Fran:
dmhawkmoon:
Fran:
i am sure we'd prolly get along and all if we met

BUT

to come here and pray for the mvs hardware to die

because you're a next-gen systems fanboy

and want a shitty fake 3d kof

well,thats something idiotic to say the very least
Doesn't the gameplay matter more than anything?
yuou see,

with slug 4
and you adore slug 4

hendrix

similar to you

to me,

it's that simple

Yes, you're right. They're just games to me, not a way of life or a symbol of an era. They're just really good videogames, most of them being timeless classics.

If they mean more to you than what they are then fine, whatever floats your boat.

But to say that you want to see KOF, SS, LB, AOF, FF, etc die with the Neo then I'm sorry, but that's just plain selfish.

By your logic SF should have died with what Hyper Fighting or whatever the last game was on the CPS1. Yet the best Street Fighter games came out on the CPS2.

I'm sorry but I'm a fan of good videogames, not a fan of big carts.
yeah yeah you're really smart

selfish?

its my fuckin opinion,thats all

ooh so jimi wants a shitty 3d kof because he's all for "progress"

fine,you're selfish then

how fucked up is that logic?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
it'll sadden me to see 3D franchises too, but I'll play them before mass slating begins.

a 3d fighter? ew no thanx Mr

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Nothing would make the "majority" happier than a RTS FPS 3D KoF built on a Q3 engine played off the lastest invidia graphixz card on your Pentium6 with a t3 connection to play from your bean bag chair in Jersey against a stranger in Burkina Faso.

FAP. FAP. FAP.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Fran:

it's that simple

110% agreed

period

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I think a GREAT thing about MVS / AES is that you don't need shitty ports to play your games

you simply buy (example) KOF98...it's the same MVS KOF98

no stupid menus,extras and all...

if the new hardware that comes out is like the CPS3 and has a home counterpart(sorry for bad english)like MVS/AES

then it's ok to me...as long as there are NO 3D backgrounds,NO high resolution and NO cd(or gd,whatever:D) based games(even if the loading is not annoying)

YuSuKe

n00b
I see blind SNK fanboys being denial about their favorite games moving to new hardware. That also justify they don't want to play KOF on Xboxlive. :rolleyes:

Ok, we can continue getting our asses owned by someone pick Cammy, Sagat, and Blanka. Team crouch fierce!
lol

I'm not blind you know and the whole KOF2k1 with 3D backgrounds is for the PS2 version I think. KOF2k1 on atomicwave is something to dream about. :D

Fran, your opinions get annoying. These are great franchises that don't deserve to be humiliated by eye candy like Marvel vs Capcom 2. You wish those beloved SNK titles shall die with the MVS?! What planet are you from?! eek!

*Goes back to playing CvS 2 EO on Xboxlive*

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
YuSuKe:
I see blind SNK fanboys being denial about their favorite games moving to new hardware. That also justify they don't want to play KOF on Xboxlive. :rolleyes:

Ok, we can continue getting our asses owned by someone pick Cammy, Sagat, and Blanka. Team crouch fierce!
lol

I'm not blind you know and the whole KOF2k1 with 3D backgrounds is for the PS2 version I think. KOF2k1 on atomicwave is something to dream about. :D

Fran, your opinions get annoying. These are great franchises that don't deserve to be humiliated by eye candy like Marvel vs Capcom 2. You wish those beloved SNK titles shall die with the MVS?! What planet are you from?! eek!

cvs 2 is such a mediocre game i can only feel sorry for you

and i am not even touching the rest of your post

i don't like crap

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
YuSuKe:
These are great franchises that don't deserve to be humiliated by eye candy like Marvel vs Capcom 2. You wish those beloved SNK titles shall die with the MVS?! What planet are you from?! eek!
Earth. Now the question that begs to be asked - what planet are YOU from, and how many nukes will it take you send your planet back into oblivion?

YuSuKe

n00b
Fran:
YuSuKe:

lol

i don't like crap
So be it, scrub.... annoyed

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Look, Im a fan of the 68000. Im always back and forth on this, but games like AOF3, Metal Slug, etc...are games that prove that so much is possible on the Neo given the right people making games for it. The limits are bounded only by the quality of the game makers.

3D graphics are nice...but they are everywhere and only a few companies can make them really cool. SNK Playmore whatever have a chance at re-establishing themselves at 2D and so far it is pretty bleak. I'd like to see them produce more on the MVS, but people who only want the 3D and high rez might ruin it.

Whats wrong with KOF ISNT that it is still 2d low rez, its the poepl who make it are being lazy.

We need gameply reform with SNK properies, not fancy new hardware that will solve no real problems and only create more (distribution of new hardware to a MVS saturated world).

Anyways, JH, you need to understand that the best SF2 games were on the CPS1 and 2. CPS3 Street Fighters a are very nice, but they pale in comparrison.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
God, I used to like CVS2 for the first month. I REALLY liked it. BUt once you play a lot of it, you start to see the loose seams. It's a fucking disgrace.

ANd Playing it online is even worse. People just pressing one button...not really playing, just using annoying patters because they can. Capcom let them.

IN short, CVS2 (contrary to my Ng.com "just got this game yesterday" review) is just bad and its bad for you.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Rade Kuruc:
Look, Im a fan of the 68000. Im always back and forth on this, but games like AOF3, Metal Slug, etc...are games that prove that so much is possible on the Neo given the right people making games for it. The limits are bounded only by the quality of the game makers.

3D graphics are nice...but they are everywhere and only a few companies can make them really cool. SNK Playmore whatever have a chance at re-establishing themselves at 2D and so far it is pretty bleak. I'd like to see them produce more on the MVS, but people who only want the 3D and high rez might ruin it.

Whats wrong with KOF ISNT that it is still 2d low rez, its the poepl who make it are being lazy.

We need gameply reform with SNK properies, not fancy new hardware that will solve no real problems and only create more (distribution of new hardware to a MVS saturated world).

Anyways, JH, you need to understand that the best SF2 games were on the CPS1 and 2. CPS3 Street Fighters a are very nice, but they pale in comparrison.
for once,i agree with you

too bad them idiots wont understand

they think that playmore making a 3d kof would solve everything

of course,
they cant even make a DECENT 2d kof by taking bits from all the previous kofs

and you want them to create something as good as SC2?

and then they mentions planets and astral planes

how surreal

best sf? see my sig...and then zero 3

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
YuSuKe:
Fran:
YuSuKe:

lol

i don't like crap
So be it, scrub.... annoyed
Ohh..... diss...
Haha Fran, he called you a scrub.

But don't take it too hard; he plays CvS 2 on his XBox. That's like having AIDS and genital warts simultaneously.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Fran:
yeah yeah you're really smart

selfish?

its my fuckin opinion,thats all

ooh so jimi wants a shitty 3d kof because he's all for "progress"

fine,you're selfish then

how fucked up is that logic?
No what's selfish is admittedly being part of a small minority that defines itself as wanting new games in KOF/FF/SS/LB/etc to be made for the Neo, just because "they love the Neo" or because "it's special to them" or whatever else.

You disreguard the fact that it costs them more money to make a Neo game than it would an Atomiswave game. It's harder to make a Neo game than one on the Atomiswave (or any new hardware for that matter). You also disreguard the fact that Playmore would be much more successful on new hardware and selling the ports on PS2. It also makes no difference that SNK might become a household name again if they do things right.

No, none of that matters. Just so long as you can get new Neo carts of the staple SNK games. And if they want to move forward, then damn the rest of the gaming world because you don't want to see them make the jump to modern graphics.

I got news for you bucko, the rest of the world does. Even in the Neo community you are a minority. Here I'd say you have about 60% of people saying "stay with Neo hardware". Meanwhile if you go to other sites where there are more gamers than collectors, like ON, SRK, KOFOnline, etc. And you asked them what they'd like to see SNK do, they'd tell you that Atomiswave/PS2 is the way to go.

What you want is not what the majority of the people who play Neo-Geo games want, and like most groups around the world, majority rules.

BTW, New hardware doesn't automatically mean 3D KOF. They know we (as in the majority of Neo fans) want 2D games, and they will deliver.

The Future is Now.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Rade Kuruc:
God, I used to like CVS2 for the first month. I REALLY liked it. BUt once you play a lot of it, you start to see the loose seams. It's a fucking disgrace.

ANd Playing it online is even worse. People just pressing one button...not really playing, just using annoying patters because they can. Capcom let them.
OH MY LORD!! Last night was my first time EVER playing it online. Now, not to mention the fact that I hate the X Box controller with the utmost passion, the game just didn't even feel right! I'm gonna bow my head and say a silent prayer for the video game industry... When will someone get it right??