KoF XIII Port this Winter

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
but people with hands-on copies have confirmed KOF95 and 96 stages are already playable online.
That's not what I was addressing. k'_127 was in doubt as to whether the stages were free if you buy the character or if they were a separate purchase. The Atlus rep said they were one combined purchase. You buy the character, you get the background and the theme along with it.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
So does London March play if Billy is 1st selected? I kid, as I'm more hyped about playing then the dlc content and what not.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Checking back in after a while to say just pre-ordered the game.

NGBC's online was good, so i have hopes for KOFXIII's 'netcode'. Everything else looks fantastic, can't wait for offline matches, Spamming EX's, Mission Mode and Color Edit Mode. ^_^

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I hate that the dlc IS dlc, especially if it's already on the fucking disc. I miss the good old days when stuff in games was unlockable by doing stuff other than paying more money.

It would be a bit different if they had more new characters, rather than mostly alternates of stuff already in the game -- Iori/Kyo/whoever, yawn. In that sense, I am very grateful Billy is free.

But of the dlc they've announced so far, the one I care most about is actually the KOF '95 stage and music. Honestly, I don't give a shit about Iori. They can keep him. If I'm going to play as Iori at all, I'd much rather use the new version. But I have always loved that stage.

I hate that the dlc IS dlc, especially if it's already on the fucking disc. I miss the good old days when stuff in games was unlockable by doing stuff other than paying more money.
All 'old school' gamers feel the same way about the scam that is DLC; the bastardised form of the 'expansion packs' of old.

Post 2000 gamers are all pretty much brain washed to the idea of content stripping / ransoming and qualify it with herp derpery such as "devs don't get enough of a cut - this makes up for it" or "it's 'extra' content", despite it being developed concurrent to the game's production cycle proper *rolls eyes*

There was a recent interview with Nintendo's Riggie Fils Aime, where he stated his dislike for the direction DLC has gone in and how he believes gamers should get a FULL game for the full RRP threy pay for titles. I never believed I'd ever issue a glance at Ninty Bieberware again... might have to apostatise in light of this revelation.

http://blog.games.com/2011/11/16/nintendo-reggie-fils-aime-interview/

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Not sure if these have been posted yet...

Mr. Karate (NOT just Takuma with tengu mask)-

NEST era Kyo -

Apparently somebody hacked and leaked these...

sorry, if they have been posted already.

Last edited:

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
When it's all said and done, The game itself will cost up to $80 with the dlc. It's Blazblue CS DLC madness all over.

Does anyone know if you can switch back to version 1.1 on the console? If so, I hope the console version is nothing like KOFXI Arranged Mode. I still cringe at how many characters were unplayable in that mode.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
It's nice that while Mr. Karate is based on the sprite and physique of Takuma, they took their time to re-draw his stance and postures from scratch.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
They have announced that EX Iori will cost $5. If what STK heard is true, it will include the stage and the BGM.

With the other 2 characters considered, that would be $15 for all the DLC characters, backgrounds and soundtracks that have been revealed so far (and which probably are already on disc, but needs to be unlocked via online purchase).

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
*shrug* Don't get it, then. If fans don't support it, they'll have to stop doing it. Send a message.

QFT&E

A friend of mine is buying both PS3 and XB360 versions, both in all region editions available.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If what STK heard is true
It's in a video earlier in this thread. It's one of the longer videos with some dream cancel people having some matches at the Atlus offices. At the end, the Atlus rep comes on and says it.

edit: I think it's at the end of the second video on this link:

re-edit: Yeah, it's that video. I left it running again in the background while I did other stuff, and at about 46 minutes in, the Atlus rep shows up and starts talking about stuff. And at about 49 minutes in, he says that the Iori dlc includes character, stage and music all in one.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
It's in a video earlier in this thread. It's one of the longer videos with some dream cancel people having some matches at the Atlus offices. At the end, the Atlus rep comes on and says it.

edit: I think it's at the end of the second video on this link:

re-edit: Yeah, it's that video. I left it running again in the background while I did other stuff, and at about 46 minutes in, the Atlus rep shows up and starts talking about stuff. And at about 49 minutes in, he says that the Iori dlc includes character, stage and music all in one.

Holy shit Mr. Karate and NESTS Kyo UDM are awesome. I know EX Iori and NESTS Kyo both have stages but what about Mr. Karate.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Holy shit Mr. Karate and NESTS Kyo UDM are awesome. I know EX Iori and NESTS Kyo both have stages but what about Mr. Karate.
You can see Mr. Karate's stage in 2D_Master's post #307 halfway up this page. The one with the Mr. Karate UDM video you are talking about. That is his stage from AOF1.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You can see Mr. Karate's stage in 2D_Master's post #307 halfway up this page. The one with the Mr. Karate UDM video you are talking about. That is his stage from AOF1.

That looks less like the karate gym and more like the karate cave.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I just realized this is out Tuesday. That's so soon. I know what I'm doing on Tanksgiving.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That looks less like the karate gym and more like the karate cave.
aof1mrkarate-stage.gif

aofmrkaratestage.jpg

www.dotup.org1999248.jpg

Looks like it's supposed to be the same thing to me.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I watched the video, and there's rocks/stones with candles on them on the ends. Just like Akuma's stage in SFA2. Which takes place...in a cave.
So what? So the fuck what? Can't you just let me be right? Fuck!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I wasn't complaining. I love fan service like this. Although, I wish they used the KOF 95 Esaka stage. That's probably my favorite KOF stage.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Kills me they still haven't put him in a game. I seem to remember there was an interview, I think with Falcoon back around '03 when he was a driving force in the series, where he said Jubei was his favorite character. Well, then put him in the game, asshole. Instead of some of the goofy shit you came up with.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
but zany off the wall shit usually hurts KOFs credibility more than it helps.

Seeing this shit come to fruition has made me giddy like a kid.

To be able to look at a KoF roster and not instantly see some throwaway child-fighter garbage or sci-fi off the wall alien hybrid clones is a refreshing change I haven't had since '98. I'm really digging the character designs, almost everybody looks like a complete and total badass. Seeing stuff like AoF1 Mr. Karate and FF1 Raiden are things that I would have never imagined.

I really don't understand why over the past 10 years or so SNKP (along with Capcom) have decided there's just no reason to have character specific backgrounds anymore. It's really annoying that they will redo a character and remix a BGM then have them fight in some nondescript location like in front of a giant wooden shoe.