KoF XIII Port this Winter

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I know we are are like Hatfields (360) & McCoys (PS3) w/ this jawn...so don't be surprised when I call you & spam up your FB tomorrow! Get HYYYYYYYPE, cousin!

Cousin, believe it I'm bout to be Hype as a mo'fucka. My facebook is gonna look like a damn KOF XIII blog tomorrow, spam away!

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Picked up my pre-order. They could have tried not to wedge the CDs into the sleeves so goddamn tight — helluva bitch to extract them. Will pick up a PS3 prolly this upcoming weekend.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Cousin, believe it I'm bout to be Hype as a mo'fucka. My facebook is gonna look like a damn KOF XIII blog tomorrow, spam away!

4453763b-a0dd-e505.jpg

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
After the supreme letdown that was UMvC3 I am super hyped for KOFXIII. I'm having it delivered to my work today so it will pain me to look at it on my desk until I can go home and play it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
been playing it online with the ps3 and it's good. Games are smooth so far. First match was with someone far and it was a bit choppy, but after that I guess the connections were all good.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Got mine today.
It doesn't look that great on my TV, nasty pilexated borders.
Can't beat the bosses (aa usual)
Hwa Jai is a fucking beast.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm not a fan of the online ranked matches.

If you get matched with a shitty connection, you're screwed. There is no way to cancel out of the match before it starts. And if the connection is really bad, then you'll probably be fucked on your team selection as well. There is no option in ranked to create a room that rejects poor connections. If you want to search for a room, good luck.

Basically, same old playmore: still can't figure out how to make a fucking online game.

I am charlesmalek if you want to play me. I'm not trying to do ranked matches.

Hide

Banned
Got my copy today with the Iori DLC. Superb. Reminds me of good old '98 when I was 16.
Haven't felt like this for a long time really. Made me forget the agony that was XII.

Looks like they got the tempo right.
Great story (i won't spoil it for you guys)

Finished the first play through with the Kyokugen team. Yuri got a nice haircut, and Ash is still GAY.

OOT
My wedding is actually next Saturday. (3rd Dec). Herein a pic from one of my casual shots with the wifey that's goin
in the wedding album.
387028_3508086419950_1205516509_102243672_2018151161_n.jpg

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I know IGN is the last place I would go for a fighting game review, and that 7 is not a bad score, but compare the element scores in their reviews:

lol_ign_s.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I know IGN is the last place I would go for a fighting game review, and that 7 is not a bad score, but compare the element scores in their reviews:

lol_ign_s.jpg

Burn IGN to the ground.

This is a really great and polished product.

I haven't tried the online yet, and I won't until I absorb the game a bit more. I want to be able to properly evaluate it, but after spending about 2 hours with it in some of the various modes and seeing what the game has to offer, it's pretty sweet.

I like this a lot more than SF3 or MvC 3.

Thank you, SNK-P (and Atlus.) You paid attention.f

EDIT: I'll be breaking down that IGN comparison later, point by point. But at a glance, it's a fucking joke. Especially considering what they say about the different games under the same category.

Last edited:

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
KOFXIII uses the same online netcode (GSS) service as KOFXII.

Last edited:

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
There's no way this is any sort of fun on the phone. Virtual controls are terrible, and even worse for a fighter. Add in the fact that to even play it, your thumbs have to cover chunks of the already small screen you're playing it on. Just awful.

Personal taste, I suppose.
Having no real trouble playing any of the SF titles or KOF on my iPod Touch. I think the one thing that got to me the most on KOF was trying to adjust my gameplay to a two button style. I'm so used to having four buttons for Punch & Kick that it was difficult at first pulling out combos. But for the most part I'm quite content to have this as portable versions when I'm away from my XBox 360.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Personal taste, I suppose.
Having no real trouble playing any of the SF titles or KOF on my iPod Touch. I think the one thing that got to me the most on KOF was trying to adjust my gameplay to a two button style. I'm so used to having four buttons for Punch & Kick that it was difficult at first pulling out combos. But for the most part I'm quite content to have this as portable versions when I'm away from my XBox 360.

Why would you want to play something where a huge chunk of your screen is blocked by your thumbs? It's the equivalent of somebody setting two big plants in front of my tv when I play something. Not fun. Not to mention you can't even feel the controls, which is an absolute necessity for fighting games.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Finished the first play through with the Kyokugen team. Yuri got a nice haircut, and Ash is still GAY.

Most of JPN fans speculated Yuri finally 'arrived to the last stage' with Robert, since she's got the radical haircut. Anyway, in the arcade there was a secret set of colors that brought back her trademark long tail. I guess that should be in the home version as well.

Best wishes for your wedding, mate! You and your bride surely are a lovely couple! :)

(BTW, is you're in Singapore do you happen to know my missing friend Alex Deffty?)

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Why would you want to play something where a huge chunk of your screen is blocked by your thumbs? It's the equivalent of somebody setting two big plants in front of my tv when I play something. Not fun. Not to mention you can't even feel the controls, which is an absolute necessity for fighting games.

My hands (or at least my thumbs) aren't that big. Besides, SFIV Volt is only 99 cents. Can't be that bad for such a low price. :)

On a side, but somewhat thread related note, my copy of KOF XIII just came in. And I thought I missed out on the 4 disc soundtrack, but it came bundled with that as well. Thanks Amazon!!!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Some characters have alternative costumes, and few of them weren't in the arcade version, including Kyo and Elizabeth.

Press select on the color select option to access them.

Yuri can have her ponytail that way.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Why would you want to play something where a huge chunk of your screen is blocked by your thumbs?
I can only speak from my SF4 experience which is that your thumbs become kind of invisible when you play. Because they are moving and you see all around them; it's kind of an optical illusion. It's not as big a problem as you'd think.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I brace the iDevice w/ my thumbs on the bottom corners, & my middle fingers on the top corners.

My left index finger tip on the 'ball top', my right index finger on the 'pushbuttons'.

My combos don't whiff. KOFi plays fine this way, & you can see damn near everything.

Controls are moveable to different screen positions too.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
To unlock Billy and Saiki, you gotta reach a certain score after the 3rd match, and you will encounter either of them (depending on your score).

Billy is fairly easy to unlock. Winning 3 matches with 1 character will certainly grant you the fight.

Saiki on the other hand is a bit tricky. I think you have to reach a score of 200,000 by the end of the 3rd match. Make sure to perform as many target actions as you can (they are the tasks that are written under your health bar), but most importantly, do not lose any round.

The below is story mode related. No major spoilers, but I recommend that you read it after you have gone through this mode at least once.

[Spoilers]:

In the beginning of story mode, you will have to pick multiple scenarios. There is a scenario called "The KOF Teams". When you choose it, you get to pick a team. You will play a match that serves as an introduction to the team you pick. The team you pick, and the outcome of this match don't matter, and you will move forward in the story just as if you have chosen any of other 2 scenarios.

Sadly, the real, full introduction of each team is only available in the game's official site.

[/Spoilers]

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
played against someone who had the DLC Iori, which I wasn't aware was available in the US. :-/ I hating.